Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tlb and 81 guests

Upcoming Honorverse Publication Timeline

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Upcoming Honorverse Publication Timeline
Post by Theemile   » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:19 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Hi all, I believe I'm as up to date as the rest of the "normal" posters on this forum, But I'm wondering if anyone in BuNine, Duckk, or David can give us a "rough" outline of what is upcoming and when it is planned.

I know the big last book is coming in 2018, and the 3rd Travis Long book is coming sometime (the pub date seems fluid), as well as the possibility of the next 2 compendiums. Along the way, we've heard rumors of more YA books, and a book about Honor's Dad's bad stint in the Marines.

You've got my money no matter what, but we havn't heard an update lately. I realize that David's health and family have to come first and that can make schedules washey, but it still would be nice to know the plans - I like to budget ahead :mrgreen:
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Re: Upcoming Honorverse Publication Timeline
Post by Jeslis   » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:13 am

Jeslis
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Just going to 2nd this. Hope all is well with RFC.
Post by Dauntless   » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:33 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

I believe there was talk of more "War God" books, to continue the taking the War to kontovar vibe from The Sword Of the South.

but yes the HH finale due out next year for the Anniversary is the only one I can come close to putting a date on, so any info about other releases prior to that and after would be great.
Post by roseandheather   » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:03 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

THIRDED.

I'm especially interested in when we can expect House of Lies (aka "the Haven version of House of Steel - not sure if they've renamed it or not), for.... obvious reasons. :mrgreen:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:39 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Looking on Amazon, I see that they've got A Call To Vengeance as being released in hardback (no sign of Kindle version. Huh?) on the 15th, so that's the Wednesday after next (at the time of posting).
Oddly, I checked on Baen.com and there was no sign of that book.
Is Baen slipping?

Edit - Oops. Should have posted this in this thread.
My bad.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Theemile   » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:29 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:Looking on Amazon, I see that they've got A Call To Vengeance as being released in hardback (no sign of Kindle version. Huh?) on the 15th, so that's the Wednesday after next (at the time of posting).
Is Baen slipping?

My bad.

This is what I meant by "fluid". Everything official for "Vengence" appears to be incorrect, wrong, changing, or missing. At this point everybody is just guessing or going off a 2nd hand blurb they heard 6 months ago as to what the schedule is, or something with is obviously outdated.

I think we can all agree, an "official" updated plan would be nice.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by JohnRoth   » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:11 am

JohnRoth
Admiral

Theemile wrote:
Michael Everett wrote:Looking on Amazon, I see that they've got A Call To Vengeance as being released in hardback (no sign of Kindle version. Huh?) on the 15th, so that's the Wednesday after next (at the time of posting).
Is Baen slipping?

My bad.

This is what I meant by "fluid". Everything official for "Vengence" appears to be incorrect, wrong, changing, or missing. At this point everybody is just guessing or going off a 2nd hand blurb they heard 6 months ago as to what the schedule is, or something with is obviously outdated.

I think we can all agree, an "official" updated plan would be nice.

Yeah, agreed.

Frankly, I don't remember The Black Wolves of Boston in the schedule at all. When I looked today and saw it, I had a "huh, what?" moment. Not that I really care about Call for Vengeance, but my suspicion is that Baen has had it with the way the last couple of books have had schedule problems: SoV was sent back for some rework and thus couldn't be edited adequately. Jane Lindskold said she had a story for the next anthology way back at the last Bubonicon. Where is it?

It's possible that Baen isn't going to schedule any more Weber books until they have the draft in their hands and it's passed the high level editorial review.
Post by terr   » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:25 am

terr
Midshipman

A Call to Vengeance is not listed at amazon.com at all, just at amazon.co.uk (15 Feb 2017).

Other dates I've seen are 6 Mar 2018 and 7 Mar 2017
Post by Hornblower   » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:19 am

Hornblower
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

terr wrote:A Call to Vengeance is not listed at amazon.com at all, just at amazon.co.uk (15 Feb 2017).

Other dates I've seen are 6 Mar 2018 and 7 Mar 2017

Amazon Germany has March 6th, 2018.
Post by BobG   » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:27 pm

BobG
Captain (Junior Grade)

Fourth'ed.

1993 + 25 -> 2018, had to check. So it is next year. I vaguely thought it was this year, oh well.

I am curious what DW is working on now, or if medical/family issues have occupied his time.

I do note he will be GoH at a Con in Roanoke, VA on February 24th.

-- Bob G
SF & Fantasy: The only things better than Chocolate.

Return to Honorverse