Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 77 guests

Any what if moments?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Any what if moments?
Post by Fox2!   » Thu May 18, 2017 9:37 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

cthia wrote:
George J. Smith wrote:The ultimate "What If"

What if rfc doesn't finish the series?????? :cry: :!: :cry: :!:
That's an easy one. Then we'll be stuck in a "Worthless Solly junk" loop.

O no! The perpetual recycle of "Ultimate use for Solly SDs" Treecats preserve us!
Post by cthia   » Fri May 19, 2017 4:57 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
George J. Smith wrote:The ultimate "What If"

What if rfc doesn't finish the series?????? :cry: :!: :cry: :!:
That's an easy one. Then we'll be stuck in a "Worthless Solly junk" loop.
Fox2! wrote:O no! The perpetual recycle of "Ultimate use for Solly SDs" Treecats preserve us!

LOL

There is that.

Or, we can just call it "Stuck on stupid." :lol:

An aside @ Fox2!:
I enjoy your handle [Fox2!]. It conjures up a favorite scene from Independence Day every time I read it. Thanks. Is that the source of your inspiration?

Back from intermission and a trip to the lobby to spend $75 on popcorn & pop for everyone. WTF, the cost of movies nowadays is insane. Why, in my day $20 would buy tickets for me and all of my friends, popcorn & pop for all, goobers for everyone with a sweet tooth and have at least a fiver to take home. Took my wife to the movies the other day and I threatened to go Dutch next time.

She says "Honey, I'm not Dutch, I'm English."

Tester knows the Manticoran government ain't so lucky when it comes to assassinations - there are just too many asses in the concept to dodge them all.

What if Elizabeth didn't survive the attempt on her ass in the Endicott system?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Vince   » Sat May 20, 2017 4:15 am

Vince
Vice Admiral

cthia wrote:Tester knows the Manticoran government ain't so lucky when it comes to assassinations - there are just too many asses in the concept to dodge them all.

Elizabeth never was in the Endicott system. The attempt to assassinate her took place in the Yeltsin's Star system enroute from Grayson to the Blackbird Yard (around Uriel).

So it would be pretty hard for her not to survive any attempt to assassinate her in the Endicott system.
-------------------------------------------------------------
History does not repeat itself so much as it echoes.
Post by cthia   » Sat May 20, 2017 7:22 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Vince wrote:
cthia wrote:Tester knows the Manticoran government ain't so lucky when it comes to assassinations - there are just too many asses in the concept to dodge them all.

Elizabeth never was in the Endicott system. The attempt to assassinate her took place in the Yeltsin's Star system enroute from Grayson to the Blackbird Yard (around Uriel).

So it would be pretty hard for her not to survive any attempt to assassinate her in the Endicott system.

Oops!

Well I said oops, Honor.

Always get the systems mixed. I barely passed the courses at Sag Isle, and again, Young was copying off of me. So how the hell did he pass. LOL

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Fox2!   » Sun May 21, 2017 10:31 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

cthia wrote:

An aside @ Fox2!:
I enjoy your handle [Fox2!]. It conjures up a favorite scene from Independence Day every time I read it. Thanks. Is that the source of your inspiration?

Cthia,

Thanks. Not consciously. Wanted something separate from a previous handle that still reflected the blue suit I have hanging around somewhere. I was not rated, but "Fox2!" just kind of fit the bill. It means you are within knife fighting range. (actually, I would prefer something on the order of an LGM-118 vs an AIM-9, but one cannot have everything.) :lol:

Remember: Anything under 300 kt is noise.

Return to Honorverse