Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 77 guests

Honor & Nimitz & Pavel Young

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honor & Nimitz & Pavel Young
Post by cthia   » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:13 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
cthia wrote:Nimitz' POV

Nimitz has heard 99.98 % of Honor's temper tantrums in her quarters.

Do you suppose that Honor vents her frustrations in her quarters? Is she not human? Does Nimitz witness her throwing ... ... pillows? Does Nimitz get an ear full in the privacy and sanctity of Honor's quarters?

"I wish I could just kill the SOB!"

<Well just choke the SOB out already! Honor. :o Why send me such an aghast expression? With all of the detailed images I receive from you when your uncolored anger comes through>

The insight of a certain poster in another thread has caused me to revisit this post. The same dynamics are at play with Ariel and Beth. Surely Ariel has heard so much of Beth's rantings I hardly know how he stays sane.

ldwechsler wrote:Why are we still with Elizabeth's rages? It's been agreed and in textev that she is not nuts. Yes, she is stubborn. And that has often been what's needed. I'm trying to remember if her treecat name is "Goes Off the Wall." Well, no. And they would know her best.

Venting rage against the machine doesn't imply being nuts. Needing to vent implies being human. Venting prevents insanity caused by the impending, uncontrolled release of the massive pressure of pent-up frustrations. But that's a human foible being unleashed upon the emotions of the Cats.

One doesn't have to be nuts to be highly emotionally susceptible to the stupidity of people, officers, governments and politicians. It doesn't mean Beth is nuts, just human. Everyone has a breaking point. Even the Soul of Steel. My point is that Ariel has undoubtedly rode Beth's emotional rollercoaster all the way up and all the way down. I would imagine that treecats had to learn to deal with extreme human emotions. I imagine Treecats were probably like Vulcans when they first met humans and their raw, uncontrolled emotions. I don't doubt that there are times where Cats have to tell their two-leg. . .

<Hey girl, calm down. Get a grip on yourself>

Textev does mention the calming effect the Cats purring has of soothing the savage beast.

The human element will always be present. . .in humans.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by stewart   » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:54 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:Nimitz' POV

Nimitz has heard 99.98 % of Honor's temper tantrums in her quarters.

Do you suppose that Honor vents her frustrations in her quarters? Is she not human? Does Nimitz witness her throwing ... ... pillows? Does Nimitz get an ear full in the privacy and sanctity of Honor's quarters?

"I wish I could just kill the SOB!"

<Well just choke the SOB out already! Honor. :o Why send me such an aghast expression? With all of the detailed images I receive from you when your uncolored anger comes through>

The insight of a certain poster in another thread has caused me to revisit this post. The same dynamics are at play with Ariel and Beth. Surely Ariel has heard so much of Beth's rantings I hardly know how he stays sane.[/quote]

ldwechsler wrote:Why are we still with Elizabeth's rages? It's been agreed and in textev that she is not nuts. Yes, she is stubborn. And that has often been what's needed. I'm trying to remember if her treecat name is "Goes Off the Wall." Well, no. And they would know her best.

Venting rage against the machine doesn't imply being nuts. Needing to vent implies being human. Venting prevents insanity caused by the impending, uncontrolled release of the massive pressure of pent-up frustrations. But that's a human foible being unleashed upon the emotions of the Cats.

One doesn't have to be nuts to be highly emotionally susceptible to the stupidity of people, officers, governments and politicians. It doesn't mean Beth is nuts, just human. Everyone has a breaking point. Even the Soul of Steel. My point is that Ariel has undoubtedly rode Beth's emotional rollercoaster all the way up and all the way down. I would imagine that treecats had to learn to deal with extreme human emotions. I imagine Treecats were probably like Vulcans when they first met humans and their raw, uncontrolled emotions. I don't doubt that there are times where Cats have to tell their two-leg. . .

<Hey girl, calm down. Get a grip on yourself>

Textev does mention the calming effect the Cats purring has of soothing the savage beast.

The human element will always be present. . .in humans.[/quote]

------------

Textev indicates that the 'Cat-bond puts a dampner/"regulator" on the two-leg emotional roller-coaster.
More of a focusing/dampening effect. Ariel & Nimitz likely are more responsible for the "controlled stubbornness" associated with Beth and Honor's emotional make-up.

JMHO;

-- Stewart
Post by cthia   » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:14 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

stewart wrote:Textev indicates that the 'Cat-bond puts a dampner/"regulator" on the two-leg emotional roller-coaster.
More of a focusing/dampening effect. Ariel & Nimitz likely are more responsible for the "controlled stubbornness" associated with Beth and Honor's emotional make-up.

JMHO;

-- Stewart

Thanks for the reminder stewart. I think I broached the subject elsewhere in the thread in one of several very ambitious posts. When I think of the mechanism I can only apply my own baggage to understanding such an alien concept. Which would seem to entail constant adjusting of the dampening mechanism to handle such extremes. Like the screaming emotion emanating from a Pavel Young in the vicinity of Honor being off the charts. And vice versa. It makes me think of foreigners in America who constantly communicate in a foreign language, English, which is exhausting and unnatural compared to when running into one of their own.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse