Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests

Honor & Nimitz & Pavel Young

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honor & Nimitz & Pavel Young
Post by cthia   » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:15 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

In light of saber's recent posts, the plot is settling...

Perceived Telempathic Strengths (TS) [Scale = Ø—1Ø]*
  • Samantha = 12-13
  • Memory Singers = 9-1Ø
  • Nimitz = 9-11*
  • Mind Healers = 8
  • Scouts = 7
  • Hunters = 6
  • Normal Treecats = 5
  • Beth = Ø

[*]Note: Normal Bonded Human/Treecat = unrated

Which still begs the question of Honor's and Raoul's place on the scale. In light of this, it would logically appear that Honor TS < 5.

Saber, I think Nimitz' rating remains unclear, factoring in his being M ND BL ND.

Also, your input shows the need for treecats who are bonded to humans. Where do you suppose they would fit?

I do wish we had that telempathometer. There is an older version called a Webometer. It's an aged biologically powered analog version that's one-of-a-kind, but insanely accurate and trustworthy.

*Plot likely to settle further.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:19 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:In light of saber's recent posts, the plot is settling...

• Samantha = 12-13
  • Memory Singers = 9-1Ø
  • Nimitz = 9-11*
  • Mind Healers = 8
  • Scouts = 7
  • Hunters = 6
  • Normal Treecats = 5
  • Beth = Ø

Which still begs the question of Honor's and Raoul's place on the scale. In light of this, it would logically appear that Honor TS < 5.

Saber, I think Nimitz' rating remains unclear, factoring in his being M ND BL ND.

Also, your input shows the need for treecats who are bonded to humans. Where do you suppose they would fit?

I do wish we had that telempathometer. There is an older version called a Webometer. It's an aged biologically powered analog version that's one-of-a-kind, but insanely accurate and trustworthy.

Inference:
  1. Honor TS < 5 (< 50 %) [bottom half percentile]
  2. Raoul TS > 5 (> 50 %) [top half percentile]

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by saber964   » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:01 pm

saber964
Admiral

• Samantha = 12-13
  • Memory Singers = 9-1Ø
  • Nimitz = 9-11*
  • Mind Healers = 8
  • Scouts = 7
  • Hunters = 6
  • Normal Treecats = 5
  • Beth = Ø

I can see a 50% increase in TS for Human/Treecat adoptions and probably the same for ordinary mated pairs.
Post by cthia   » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:39 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:

• Samantha = 12-13
  • Memory Singers = 9-1Ø
  • Nimitz = 9-11*
  • Mind Healers = 8
  • Scouts = 7
  • Hunters = 6
  • Normal Treecats = 5
  • Beth = Ø

I can see a 50% increase in TS for Human/Treecat adoptions and probably the same for ordinary mated pairs.

saber964,

As soon as I figure out the best way to plot/represent the new data, I shall. Your input is what made this possible.

As elevator music to entertain until then...

Anyone familiar with the board game

S T R A T E G O

The above data looks highly adaptable.

Post by cthia   » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:35 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

It is news to learn that treecats, although they cannot outright lie to one other, can at least trick or rather deceive each other.

Video Snippet wrote:People could deceive or trick other People. Indeed some, like Laugh's Brightly was notorious amongst all the clan for their ability to do that. But they could not do it that easily, not by simply saying false things. They had to find other ways, more creative ways.

Post by cthia   » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:54 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Fomenting rage?

Memory singers are responsible for keeping history alive in the minds of all of the treecats. I wonder what kind of new rage permeates within the species because of the Yawata Strike memory song.

Don't play that song for me. It brings back memories.

<OMG not that song again>

The song of the Yawata Strike has to be the most hated song in treecat history. Every time that song is sang, it has to fester rage and hatred within the treecat species. How can this one song not change the treecats more than just a bit, not just emotionally, but in a more profound way? As it is assimilated and digested by my own brain, disclaimer, the memory song is so awful the Memory Singers consciously decided to water it down, to sugar coat it if you will.

Which is sort of an untruth of its own, isn't it?...
Video Snippet wrote:The Memory Singers had mercifully dimmed the worst of the terror of the agony in their songs, but it was important that all of the People taste them. Know the darkness at their core. Know we have enemies at work and never forget their hatred for the ones who had done it.

Post by Fox2!   » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:26 am

Fox2!
Commodore

cthia wrote:

Don't play B-17, it was our song, it was his song, but it's over.
Post by ldwechsler   » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:58 am

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:Fomenting rage?

Memory singers are responsible for keeping history alive in the minds of all of the treecats. I wonder what kind of new rage permeates within the species because of the Yawata Strike memory song.

Don't play that song for me. It brings back memories.

The song of the Yawata Strike has to be the most hated song in treecat history. Every time that song is sang, it has to fester rage and hatred within the treecat species. How can this one song not change the treecats more than just a bit, not just emotionally, but in a more profound way? As it is assimilated and digested by my own brain, disclaimer, the memory song is so awful the Memory Singers consciously decided to water it down, to sugar coat it if you will.

Which is sort of an untruth of its own, isn't it?...
Video Snippet wrote:The Memory Singers had mercifully dimmed the worst of the terror of the agony in their songs, but it was important that all of the People taste them. Know the darkness at their core. Know we have enemies at work and never forget their hatred for the ones who had done it.

I think it will be sung in full force. It might well be the greatest tragedy in treecat history. Yes, it will be painful. But treecats are different from us.

By the way, trying to rate telempaths including Honor and her son is a clever idea but not really usable. Humans are not really on the scale just because they are a different species. And Honor seems unique among humans although her son might be well beyond her. Right now, we just don't know.
Post by cthia   » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:13 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Nimitz' POV

Nimitz has heard 99.98 % of Honor's temper tantrums in her quarters.

Do you suppose that Honor vents her frustrations in her quarters? Is she not human? Does Nimitz witness her throwing ... ... pillows? Does Nimitz get an ear full in the privacy and sanctity of Honor's quarters?

"I wish I could just kill the SOB!"

<Well just choke the SOB out already! Honor. :o Why send me such an aghast expression? With all of the detailed images I receive from you when your uncolored anger comes through>

The insight of a certain poster in another thread has caused me to revisit this post. The same dynamics are at play with Ariel and Beth. Surely Ariel has heard so much of Beth's rantings I hardly know how he stays sane.

Post by ldwechsler   » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:27 am

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:
cthia wrote:Nimitz' POV

Nimitz has heard 99.98 % of Honor's temper tantrums in her quarters.

Do you suppose that Honor vents her frustrations in her quarters? Is she not human? Does Nimitz witness her throwing ... ... pillows? Does Nimitz get an ear full in the privacy and sanctity of Honor's quarters?

"I wish I could just kill the SOB!"

<Well just choke the SOB out already! Honor. :o Why send me such an aghast expression? With all of the detailed images I receive from you when your uncolored anger comes through>

The insight of a certain poster in another thread has caused me to revisit this post. The same dynamics are at play with Ariel and Beth. Surely Ariel has heard so much of Beth's rantings I hardly know how he stays sane.

Why are we still with Elizabeth's rages? It's been agreed and in textev that she is not nuts. Yes, she is stubborn. And that has often been what's needed. I'm trying to remember if her treecat name is "Goes Off the Wall." Well, no. And they would know her best.

Return to Honorverse