Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 155 guests

book list?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
book list?
Post by RedBaron   » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:06 pm

RedBaron

Does anyone have a current list of books in the Honorverse (including side books like Crown of Slaves, Storm from the Shadows, Cauldron of Ghosts, etc)?
Re: book list?
Post by zyffyr   » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:37 pm

zyffyr
Lieutenant Commander

I am pretty sure the Bibliography under the Library tab up at the top is current...
Post by RedBaron   » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:19 am

RedBaron

Thanks zyffyr, the list I was normally keeping tabs on hasn't been updated in awhile.
Post by Theemile   » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:34 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

RedBaron wrote:Thanks zyffyr, the list I was normally keeping tabs on hasn't been updated in awhile.

Just a helpful note: pretty much everyone agrees the best reading order for the Honor Harrington series is by publication date, including the anthologies, and the 2 side series (Shadow of Saganami and Torch books). Enough essential information is in the anthologies, that it is important to read them at the correct places in the series list, even if 1/2 the short stories in them are pretty much tangential to the series. Skipping the anthologies or side series, then reading them later, will leave unresolved plotholes, or leave you wondering where some already established characters and plots materialized from.

This order, of course, does not count the Young Stephanie Harrington or Manticore Ascendant (Travis Long) books as they do not effect the Honor Harrington books directly.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by RedBaron   » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:42 am

RedBaron

Theemile wrote:
RedBaron wrote:Thanks zyffyr, the list I was normally keeping tabs on hasn't been updated in awhile.

Just a helpful note: pretty much everyone agrees the best reading order for the Honor Harrington series is by publication date, including the anthologies, and the 2 side series (Shadow of Saganami and Torch books).

I tend to prefer reading based on when in a series the events happen, which is why I'm looking for rattier paperbacks to rip apart and recompile :lol:
Post by RedBaron   » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:53 am

RedBaron

Lol, I couldn't resist adding THIS...

Theemile wrote:pretty much everyone agrees the best reading order for the Honor Harrington series is by publication date

I'll let M.H. answer for me ;)
https://youtu.be/6iMeIrKf1iQ?t=1m30s
Post by isaac_newton   » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:35 pm

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

RedBaron wrote:
Theemile wrote:SNIP

Just a helpful note: pretty much everyone agrees the best reading order for the Honor Harrington series is by publication date, including the anthologies, and the 2 side series (Shadow of Saganami and Torch books).

I tend to prefer reading based on when in a series the events happen, which is why I'm looking for rattier paperbacks to rip apart and recompile :lol:

are you going to make one giant book??? :shock:

that would be some sort of record - the worlds thickest book - rather a mind boggling picture :lol:
Post by ZVar   » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:41 am

ZVar
Lieutenant Commander

Here is my list....
The Honorverse ## is reading order (I prefer), with series and series number to follow...

(Honorverse 1) [Honor] 1 - On Basilisk Station
(Honorverse 2) [Honor] 2 - The Honor of the Queen
(Honorverse 3) [Honor] 3 - The Short Victorious War
(Honorverse 4) [Honor] 4 - Field of Dishonor
(Honorverse 5) [Honor] 5 - Flag in Exile
(Honorverse 6) [Honor] 6 - Honor Among Enemies
(Honorverse 7) [Honor] 7 - In Enemy Hands
(Honorverse 9) [Honor] 8 - Echoes of Honor
(Honorverse 11) [Honor] 9 - Ashes of Victory
(Honorverse 13) [Honor] 10 - War of Honor
(Honorverse 17) [Honor] 11 - At All Costs
(Honorverse 20) [Honor] 12 - Mission of Honor
(Honorverse 22) [Honor] 13 - A Rising Thunder
(Honorverse 26) [Honor] 14 - Shadow of Victory

(Honorverse 8) [Honor Anthology] 1 - More Than Honor
(Honorverse 10) [Honor Anthology] 2 - Worlds of Honor
(Honorverse 12) [Honor Anthology] 3 - Changer of Worlds
(Honorverse 14) [Honor Anthology] 4 - The Service of the Sword
(Honorverse 21) [Honor Anthology] 5 - In Fire Forged
(Honorverse 24) [Honor Anthology] 6 - Beginnings

(Honorverse 15) [Wages of Sin] 1 - Crown of Slaves (with Eric Flint)
(Honorverse 19) [Wages of Sin] 2 - Torch of Freedom (with Eric Flint)
(Honorverse 25) [Wages of Sin] 3 - Cauldron of Ghosts (with Eric Flint)

(Honorverse 16) [Saganami] 1 - The Shadow of Saganami
(Honorverse 18) [Saganami] 2 - Storm from the Shadows
(Honorverse 23) [Saganami] 3 - Shadow of Freedom

[Star Kingdom] 1 - A Beautiful Friendship
[Star Kingdom] 2 - Fire Season
[Star Kingdom] 3 - Treecat Wars

[Honorverse Companion] - House of Steel

[Manticore Ascendant] 1 - A Call to Duty (with Timothy Zahn)
[Manticore Ascendant] 2 - A Call to Arms (with Timothy Zahn)
Post by Theemile   » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:50 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

RedBaron wrote:

Everything up through MoH is available in .rtf form over on the fifth Imperium page. an editable file is so much easier to rip apart.

http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Braudel26   » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:30 pm

Braudel26
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

RedBaron wrote:Does anyone have a current list of books in the Honorverse (including side books like Crown of Slaves, Storm from the Shadows, Cauldron of Ghosts, etc)?

To my knowledge, the list at this link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honorverse
under the subtitle Stories listed by internal chronology, is up to date and exhaustive. It seems to be an answer to your question.
Cheers

Return to Honorverse