Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests

Hope & Aspirations for the Finale

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Hope & Aspirations for the Finale
Post by cthia   » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:07 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Ok, here is your chance to possibly direct the course of the final book. *giggle*

As a reader, what do you think should be incorporated into the final book, as a minimum. Exactly how far do you think the timeline should be advanced, as a minimum. What characters should be dealt with. This is your chance to vote.

What tech would you like to see introduced, or even think should be introduced. Such as being able to detect the Spider drives.

In the off chance that Mr. Weber may peruse this thread and throw us a few bones and heed his readers, then cast your vote. Who knows, we might get lucky.

My tentative votes...

I'd like to see the League dealt with accompanying an admission of fault along with the realization that the MAlign exists, formally submitted to at least Carmichael.

I'd like to see Dr. Illiescu find the source of the leak responsible for Honor's invasion of privacy.

Finding Darius would also be great, but I think all indications and consensuses are that that won't happen. At least reveal the wormholes. I'd like to see the Lenny Dets loosed and actually be a formidable design with formidable weaponry.

All indications are that Abigail is being groomed to accomplish some very big things. I'd like to see a few. Some advancement in Emily's situation would also be good - something. Throw the poor girl a bone, better yet a scalpel, so to speak.

Alfred making a breakthrough in Nimitz, case, keeping his promise to Honor is very important, in my book.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Re: Hope & Aspirations for the Finale
Post by The E   » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:18 am

The E
Admiral

cthia wrote:Ok, here is your chance to possibly direct the course of the final book. *giggle*

Given the "no fanfic" rule on these boards and the reasoning behind it, the chances of RFC reading this thread or even taking on board suggestions from it are incredibly slim.
Post by cthia   » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:23 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The E wrote:
cthia wrote:Ok, here is your chance to possibly direct the course of the final book. *giggle*

Given the "no fanfic" rule on these boards and the reasoning behind it, the chances of RFC reading this thread or even taking on board suggestions from it are incredibly slim.

You have a point. BUT...

1. I'm not advocating fanfic.
2. In light of the scathing rants and raves from disgruntled, dissatisfied fans regarding his current offering, to say "slim" is in no way synonymous with "none."

Besides, neither am I asking you to bet your post on it.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by George J. Smith   » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:09 pm

George J. Smith
Commodore

Taking into consideration the title of the thread, and not the meaning of it, I hope I am still alive to read the final book. :lol:
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by George J. Smith   » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:13 pm

George J. Smith
Commodore

A 2nd hope is that the health and well being of the Weber residence continues at a level which allows the final book to be written and published.
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by JohnRoth   » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:53 pm

JohnRoth
Admiral

My understanding is that he has the final book outlined, and he's not going to change that. He's mentioned a couple of things: Firebrand will likely be a major character, it will deal with events after the SL falls apart, and they will not find the MAlign. (The latter two are in the 3-part interview in the Baen Podcast.)

Beyond that, he's also mentioned that he has several other books he'd like to do, but they're essentially side stories to flesh out some characters or situations. Pursuing that direction might be a good deal more fruitful.
Post by jaydub69   » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:09 pm

jaydub69
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

i just hope that 80 percent of the book is not a recap of events that we have already seen or events seen from another perspective.
Post by tonyz   » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:03 pm

tonyz
Lieutenant Commander

Me,

I want some interesting character development.

I want some genuinely nail-biting space battles, not exercises in pushing baby chicks into shark-filled oceans.

I want to see the Lenny Dets in action.

I don't want recaps.
Post by Daryl   » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:44 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

We generally agree, but I know that David does read this board. A few years ago I was the one that sprung him when "RFC" slipped into first person mode.
As his taking advice, he would be foolish not to take note of the continuity checks that the more dedicated train spotters here make. I agree that this is his series and it will go where he wants it to go, so future directions are unlikely to be influenced.
The E wrote:

Post by SYED   » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:00 pm

SYED
Rear Admiral

If Felix and the twins get discovered, it could mean it takes time for Darius to be discovered.

Return to Honorverse