Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests

Hope & Aspirations for the Finale

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Hope & Aspirations for the Finale
Post by cthia   » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:17 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

My niece is so busy these days. She rang me out of the blue...

"Uncle, if Honor was killed wouldn't it be interesting if Nimitz somehow survived and somehow ended up bonding with either Katherine or Raoul?

"That would be interesting!"

I now adopt (pun intended) my niece's hope and aspiration of Nimitz surviving Honor's death if she dies. He'll undoubtedly bond with one of Honor's offspring.

"Uncle, that bond would be a shoe-in. But which offspring would be in the shoe?"

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:06 pm

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:My niece is so busy these days. She rang me out of the blue...

"Uncle, if Honor was killed wouldn't it be interesting if Nimitz somehow survived and somehow ended up bonding with either Katherine or Raoul?

I now adopt (pun intended) my niece's hope and aspiration of Nimitz surviving Honor's death if she dies. He'll undoubtedly bond with one of Honor's offspring.

"Uncle, that bond would be a shoe-in. But which offspring would be in the shoe?"

Nimitz is also mated to Samantha, unlike any other adopted Cat, which would reduce the chance of suiciding out. Raoul is Honor's biological child, Katherine is Emily's. Adoptions are not particularly linked to blood likes although the Harringtons and Wintons have more than their fair share. Even though Hamish was adopted, my money is on Raoul.
Helas,chou, Je m'en fache.
Post by Vince   » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:49 am

Vince
Vice Admiral

IIRC, She Who Must Be Obeyed in Greenville has told David that if Honor dies, Nimitz does so as well.*

* In the past, not sure if anything has changed regarding Nimitz and Honor.
-------------------------------------------------------------
History does not repeat itself so much as it echoes.
Post by Dauntless   » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:24 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

if he survived her loss, and given that he will likely be sharing flag bridge with her then even with his skinsuit I doubt the doubt the odds of his survival are very good, then yes i too would put money on him adopting Raoul if he bonded with another two leg.

I would hope that Katherine would also be adopted, i'm thinking by one of Nimitz and Samantha kids.
Post by cthia   » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:48 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

WeirdlyWired wrote:

Nimitz is also mated to Samantha, unlike any other adopted Cat, which would reduce the chance of suiciding out. Raoul is Honor's biological child, Katherine is Emily's. Adoptions are not particularly linked to blood likes although the Harringtons and Wintons have more than their fair share. Even though Hamish was adopted, my money is on Raoul.

My memory is suspect at the moment, but wasn't it Raoul who was party to something hinky going on with him and one of the treecats, iinm it was Nimitz, during his birth?

If it was Nimitz who had the epiphany with lil' Raoul then if Nimitz bonds with Raoul and Raoul has a keenly developed/mutated treecat/human ability, then when Nimitz, Samantha and Raoul are together then perhaps Raoul can serve as a go between to replace Nimitz' blind-mind. Akin to a bridge of some sort.

There's possibilities in them thar hills of reflection!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by roseandheather   » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:10 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Not reading the whole thread because I don't have time, but my hopes & aspirations for the finale are fairly straightforward (and predictable to those of you who have seen literally any of my posts ever :D ):

1. Eloise. Eloise, Eloise, Eloise. I just need her to survive and be happy and be awesome because I love her so much and if she gets to watch as Shit Goes Down that would be awesome but she won't because the very smart people on her protection detail wouldn't let her within a hundred lightyears of anywhere there might conceivably be a battle and they'd be right to. Anyway just give me Eloise. Bonus points if she gets friendship scenes with Beth and/or Honor and/or Tom.

2. Tourville and Henke need to get married.

3. Khumalo and Dame Estelle need to admit their painfully obvious feelings.

4. Shannon and Sonja being magical tac witches together. Preferably while also hooking up.

5. More of Honor and Tom being awesome together.

6. Allen Higgins getting to win an actual goddamn victory for a change.

7. Abi Hearns and her friends in Talbott (or no longer in Talbott, I guess!) kicking copious amounts of enemy arse.

T-t-that's all folks! :mrgreen:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by cthia   » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:23 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:Not reading the whole thread because I don't have time, but my hopes & aspirations for the finale are fairly straightforward (and predictable to those of you who have seen literally any of my posts ever :D ):

1. Eloise. Eloise, Eloise, Eloise. I just need her to survive and be happy and be awesome because I love her so much and if she gets to watch as Shit Goes Down that would be awesome but she won't because the very smart people on her protection detail wouldn't let her within a hundred lightyears of anywhere there might conceivably be a battle and they'd be right to. Anyway just give me Eloise. Bonus points if she gets friendship scenes with Beth and/or Honor and/or Tom.

2. Tourville and Henke need to get married.

3. Khumalo and Dame Estelle need to admit their painfully obvious feelings.

4. Shannon and Sonja being magical tac witches together. Preferably while also hooking up.

5. More of Honor and Tom being awesome together.

6. Allen Higgins getting to win an actual goddamn victory for a change.

7. Abi Hearns and her friends in Talbott (or no longer in Talbott, I guess!) kicking copious amounts of enemy arse.

T-t-that's all folks! :mrgreen:

Welcome back to your old fraternity of forumites rose, after you summarily left us for your new fraternity...

"Kappa Alpha, Sigh" my many schoolbooks are so heavy!!! Not weight wise. Substance wise. LOL

I really second that thingy about Higgens, even if he has to go and beat up on a few Stilties for confidence. With his luck, a hand full of Stilties'll kick his ass. Poor soul.

Late Edit:

So that is what is wrong with the title of the thread. It should read Hope(s) and Aspirations for the Finale.

Doh!

Thanks rose.

Post by SYED   » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:04 am

SYED
Rear Admiral

The co opted solly navy man plan that is some how better than commerce raiding. It is either a plan to damage the navy, or simply further alignment plans.

They might not be able to move against manticore, but they could go against the maya sector.

I wonder how battle fleet will react if the alliance turns up in systems wanting to leave the league.

The navy likely will reinforce the terminii that still control, so give the alliance places to destroy ships that gathered.
Post by RedBaron   » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:21 am

RedBaron

Honor wakes up, and realizes that it was all a dream(including her bonding to Nimitz), and that in reality she's a low level stockbroker.
Post by RedBaron   » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:25 am

RedBaron

cthia wrote:

If it was Nimitz who had the epiphany with lil' Raoul then if Nimitz bonds with Raoul and Raoul has a keenly developed/mutated treecat/human ability, then when Nimitz, Samantha and Raoul are together then perhaps Raoul can serve as a go between to replace Nimitz' blind-mind. Akin to a bridge of some sort.

That's the same thing I outlined, though SOME members (as usual) felt compelled to shoot it down - claiming it can't happen. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8358&p=235823#p235823

Return to Honorverse