Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 32 guests

Hope & Aspirations for the Finale

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Hope & Aspirations for the Finale
Post by cthia   » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:43 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I want there to be no less than 5 epic battles—each encompassing at least an entire chapter. Lets take off the gloves and have ourselves some fun. After all, this is the Salamander's last run.

There, said it. Got that off my chest. 'Whew!' What a load off too.

And while you're at it, get Abigail in on it too. You know you wanna. You know you wanna RFC.

Oh yea, throw roseandheather a bone if you're feeling chivalrous and even if you're not. Of all the readers on the forum, she was as close to being a prisoner on Hades as anyone. Throw a bone our way too for seeing her suffer for so many years. Especially with all of the money you've cost her in tissue alone. Cost us a pretty penny too. Many people were sending her e-tissue.

Note: You can kill these two birds with one stone by getting Higgins off the bench! Send him in the game with at least a *Hail Mary.

*I find Hail Mary used in this sense really rather fascinating.
Wiki The original Mary

This is my one true hope and aspiration, if I'm honest; other than keeping Honor alive. :? With an accompanying explanation and apology to the author. Coming soon if the Lord is willing, the creek don't rise and an unexpected windfall of localized time.

Authors of the days of my early age of innocence didn't have to put up with this shit. Blame it all on the technology—the internet and the Honorverse. Alcohol won't have to take the fall for this one for a change. Alvin Toffler and George Orwell warned us about the coming stench of this sticky kind of smelly baby caca.

Did we listen? Oh nooooo!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:16 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

999.5 pages of virgin paragraphs.

Official comprehensive maps.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by SYED   » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:21 am

SYED
Rear Admiral

Part of me is hoping that part of the alignment plans are undone by those league navy guys who believe there is a true threat. That would really take them by suprise. Being publicly acknowledge by the league would really blow their plans out the water.
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:14 am

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

SYED wrote:Part of me is hoping that part of the alignment plans are undone by those league navy guys who believe there is a true threat. That would really take them by suprise. Being publicly acknowledge by the league would really blow their plans out the water.

Part of me wants them to be nano-assassinated.
Helas,chou, Je m'en fache.
Post by DeltaV   » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:52 pm

DeltaV
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

RedBaron wrote:Honor wakes up, and realizes that it was all a dream(including her bonding to Nimitz), and that in reality she's a low level stockbroker.

Slightly more twisted:

Honor wakes up, realizes its all been a dream...

...and remembers that SHE is actually Alpha One. :lol:
Post by kzt   » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:20 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

DeltaV wrote:
...and remembers that SHE is actually Alpha One. :lol:

And is overjoyed at how her plan to push genetic mods into the mainstream is working.
Post by filbert   » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:26 pm

filbert
Lieutenant Commander

. . . or Honor wakes up next to Bob Newhart.

(classical TV reference)
Post by DeltaV   » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:49 pm

DeltaV
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

filbert wrote:. . . or Honor wakes up next to Bob Newhart.

(classical TV reference)

:lol:

...And after she wakes up she reaches next to her bed for an ancient musical instrument that she has never seen before yet she picks it up she is incredibly proficient and playing it...
Post by SYED   » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:04 am

SYED
Rear Admiral

Does any one have any idea what the secret alternative to the commerce raiding plan is supposed to be? It might simply be an excuse to eliminate a large number of league ships again, or it might further another aspect of the alignment plan.
It might be linked to the supposed real reason why haven and manticore has united against the league, put forth by the alignment stooge manovered into duping the mandarins.
I wonder if those Solly's actually investigating the alignment could discover those blackmail files of the admiral. If he was an alignment asset, what he did for them could reveal a lot? It could Be the thread that unravels the whole ball of yarn.
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:27 am

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

SYED wrote:Does any one have any idea what the secret alternative to the commerce raiding plan is supposed to be? It might simply be an excuse to eliminate a large number of league ships again, or it might further another aspect of the alignment plan.
It might be linked to the supposed real reason why haven and manticore has united against the league, put forth by the alignment stooge manovered into duping the mandarins.
I wonder if those Solly's actually investigating the alignment could discover those blackmail files of the admiral. If he was an alignment asset, what he did for them could reveal a lot? It could Be the thread that unravels the whole ball of yarn.

At this point the MA's grand plan seems to be Oh Thank Gawd we got outta there with our ass in tact.
with the GA formed and the superiority of their combined navies so overwhelming, whatever their plans were under A. Detweiller, they're now subjec to massive revision.

I think the plan was to both bleed SLN hulls, both BF and FF; and bleeding Manticore of resources and manpower. Not sure finding those files would be hepful.

Return to Honorverse