Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 39 guests

SPOILER ... Do the ends justify the means???

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: SPOILER ... Do the ends justify the means???
Post by kzt   » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:45 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Sigs wrote:
What exactly does that prove?

That in fact innocent people getting crushed by a totalitarian cult still assumed that it was due to errors, not due to the deliberate actions of the man-god they worshiped or just inherent in how their cult works.

Some people might be able to draw parallels to a totalitarian cult in this series.
Re: SPOILER ... Do the ends justify the means???
Post by Sigs   » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:19 pm

Sigs
Rear Admiral

kzt wrote:
Sigs wrote:
What exactly does that prove?

That in fact innocent people getting crushed by a totalitarian cult still assumed that it was due to errors, not due to the deliberate actions of the man-god they worshiped or just inherent in how their cult works.

Some people might be able to draw parallels to a totalitarian cult in this series.

There would always be people that will believe anything. How many people died in various purges or other such activities and how many of them would blindly support him after that? This applies to pretty much any dictatorship.

As for those 100,000 people waiting evacuation how many are fully in on the onion? I doubt that all of those people were such hard-core supporters that they would forgive and forget, most would think gee those bastards tried to kill me and my family, and succeeded in killing many of my colleagues, friends, and other supporters... then they would start looking at Houdini and see how many millions of people were killed to cover the evacuation and suddenly they might become more cooperative. Not everyone is a bloodthirsty monster, many if not most will be horrified at the casualties amongst their friends and innocent people and since they don't know the leader actually exists they can't really be worshiping said leader.

Return to Honorverse