Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dauntless, zyffyr and 48 guests

Raul Alexander-Harrington

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Raul Alexander-Harrington
Post by munroburton   » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:43 pm

munroburton
Admiral

SYED wrote:Will we see Raoul academy years or start from his first ship board posting? It is said the more junior officers run the Lac, so we might see more about the running of those ships. Just how honor once commanded on of them, he might have the same.

It's certainly possible, even more likely since LACs will be far more common than they were during Honor's early tours. But I suspect he'll be straight into a cruiser or battlecruiser patrolling the regions.

Would be a nice touch if Helen Zilwicki was his first skipper.
Post by Fox2!   » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:46 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

munroburton wrote:
SYED wrote:Will we see Raoul academy years or start from his first ship board posting? It is said the more junior officers run the Lac, so we might see more about the running of those ships. Just how honor once commanded on of them, he might have the same.

It's certainly possible, even more likely since LACs will be far more common than they were during Honor's early tours. But I suspect he'll be straight into a cruiser or battlecruiser patrolling the regions.

Would be a nice touch if Helen Zilwicki was his first skipper.

On a GSN BC, with Abbie as his skipper and Helen as TO. Or, depending on timing, Abbie as Squadron Commander, Helen as ship CO.
Post by dougrowland   » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:07 pm

dougrowland
Midshipman

cthia wrote:The human body is a magnificent piece of excellence within a very frail level of tolerance.

There are many humans who can't go from, say, a low sea level to, say, Denver. Mile High stadium gets so many college footballers cut it isn't funny. They simply cannot breathe. The human body doesn't have nanites or smart paint to adjust back and forth.

I have found that the human body is very adaptable. I grew up in California and did product transfers to Singapore.

Everybody got sick their first trip over there due to being in an air condition environment of 68 degrees with humidity control and then walking through 90 degree outside temperature and nearly 100% humidity and then back to 68 degrees all in the matter of minutes to go from one product line to another. Nobody ever got sick on their 2nd trip. Needless to say, we were always teasing first timers.

Also when I retired I went from Singapore at sea level to 8,500 feet. The first couple of weeks were horrible. I was always tired and needed supplemental oxygen after any heavy activity, fortunately canned oxygen is very common for stores to carry it in the Rockies. After a month or so, I adapted.

Now I can travel from sea level to about 9,000 feet with very little time needed to adapt.

I have no reason to believe I am any different from any other person, heck I am even overweight, which probably does not help.
Post by SYED   » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:07 pm

SYED
Rear Admiral

Mesan science might offer treatments to deal with some issues, their research were not inhibited by either ethics or morals. We know Beowulf is highly respected in similar areas, they just follow the rules. If they gain access to such database, they could quickly use it to develop whole new ranges of treatments, improvements yo prologue, and the ability to recieve replacement body parts. The ability o adjust to new environments, and dealing with such genetic augementations.

Return to Honorverse