Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 132 guests

"At All Costs", page 85

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
"At All Costs", page 85
Post by RedBaron   » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:17 am

RedBaron

Without giving away what happened(in case a new reader hasn't gotten to that book or that far yet), list your reaction to the breakfast scene on page 85 of "At All Costs".

MY reaction was:

Oh no, here we go AGAIN boys and girls! lol.

:D :D :D

Edit to fix a visit by the typo fairies.
Last edited by RedBaron on Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: "At All Costs", page 58
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:16 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

RedBaron wrote:Without giving away what happened(in case a new reader hasn't gotten to that book or that far yet), list your reaction to the breakfast scene on page 58 of "At All Costs".

Page 58 of which edition? Which chapter is it in? (I just checked page 58 of every copy of _At All Costs_ that I have and there was no breakfast scene in all of them.
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Post by RedBaron   » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:10 am

RedBaron

:oops: OOPS! :oops:

Roflmao! meant page 85, not 58.

But hey, really messed with your mind, didn't it? :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5drjr9PmTMA
Post by The E   » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:00 am

The E
Admiral

RedBaron wrote::oops: OOPS! :oops:

Roflmao! meant page 85, not 58.

But hey, really messed with your mind, didn't it? :lol:

It would still be helpful to know which edition you're referring to.
Re: "At All Costs", page 85
Post by munroburton   » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:27 am

munroburton
Admiral

As far as I can tell, it's the breakfast scene when Honor and Hamish are still pretending to be discreet.

AAC is 11 years old and you're talking about something in the first 100 pages, so spoilers don't apply. Spit it out, no need for the obtuseness.
Post by RedBaron   » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:25 am

RedBaron

munroburton wrote:As far as I can tell, it's the breakfast scene when Honor and Hamish are still pretending to be discreet.

AAC is 11 years old and you're talking about something in the first 100 pages, so spoilers don't apply. Spit it out, no need for the obtuseness.

I only started in on the series about a year ago, so 11 years old or not it's still very possible that there are people on this forum who HAVEN'T gotten that far.... and could be irritated by YOUR letting out some of what happens in later books, Munroburton. :|
Post by munroburton   » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:58 am

munroburton
Admiral

And yet, you're the one who started a thread to discuss the spoiler(?) in question. :roll: What did you expect?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=262

These forums have a less-than-strict rule on spoilers - one month after the official publication of the book in question is all you can complain about. The latest book(SoV) isn't even covered by that anymore and hasn't been for a week.

And since I'm in a bad mood - the scene you're talking about is likely the conception of Raoul Alexander-Harrington. If that spoilt something for you, good. Now go finish the book.
Post by RedBaron   » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:48 am

RedBaron

munroburton wrote:And yet, you're the one who started a thread to discuss the spoiler(?) in question. :roll: What did you expect?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=262

These forums have a less-than-strict rule on spoilers - one month after the official publication of the book in question is all you can complain about. The latest book(SoV) isn't even covered by that anymore and hasn't been for a week.

And since I'm in a bad mood - the scene you're talking about is likely the conception of Raoul Alexander-Harrington. If that spoilt something for you, good. Now go finish the book.

You sound quit a bit like Pavel Young, munro.

YOUR "bad mood" is nothing compared what MINE are like - even cops are afraid to piss me off.

Be thankful you're in scotland. I suggest you STAY there.
Post by isaac_newton   » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:38 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

RedBaron wrote:
munroburton wrote:As far as I can tell, it's the breakfast scene when Honor and Hamish are still pretending to be discreet.

I only started in on the series about a year ago, so 11 years old or not it's still very possible that there are people on this forum who HAVEN'T gotten that far.... and could be irritated by YOUR letting out some of what happens in later books, Munroburton. :|

hmmmm, I'm with Munroburton on this one. If we followed your idea to its logical conclusion, we would not be able to discuss the series until it is completed!
Post by Jonathan_S   » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:57 am

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

isaac_newton wrote:

hmmmm, I'm with Munroburton on this one. If we followed your idea to its logical conclusion, we would not be able to discuss the series until it is completed!
Even after the series is completed you might have a reader who's new to it find the forums and get spoiled. The logical impliciation is that either we can never discuss it (because it might always be new to somebody) or else each thread (or post if you want to get that atomic) needs a separate indicator of which books it spoils; and then a age validation like feature on the website which pops up and makes them affirm that they're read that far and aren't spoiling themselves :D

Return to Honorverse