Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 54 guests

Very Disappointed....

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Very Disappointed....
Post by Tenshinai   » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:58 am

Tenshinai
Admiral

Hornblower wrote:I think this discussion has reached the point of senselessness (is this an englich word? :P ).
Basically different reader have different opinions, which is normal.

To quote Tolkien (Foreword LotR 2nd Ed.):
"Some who have read the book, or at any rate have reviewed it, have found it boring, absurd or comtemptible; and I have no cause to complain, since I have similar opinions of their works, or the kind of writing that they evidently prefer."

:lol:

Hornblower wrote:I find the book enjoyable, although it is not what I expected. I wonder how DW will wind up the storylines in the last book (4000 Pages??). :mrgreen:

*LOL*
Nah, 4k pages wouldn´t be enough.

Jonathan_S wrote:Even casting it into the past tense would have made it sound more like his experience, but casting it in the present tense makes it sound like anybody reading it now would also find it unenjoyable.

Indeed.
Last edited by Tenshinai on Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post by MaxxQ   » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:24 am

MaxxQ
BuNine

Hornblower wrote:I think this discussion has reached the point of senselessness (is this an englich word? :P ).
Basically different reader have different opinions, which is normal.

To quote Tolkien (Foreword LotR 2nd Ed.):
"Some who have read the book, or at any rate have reviewed it, have found it boring, absurd or comtemptible; and I have no cause to complain, since I have similar opinions of their works, or the kind of writing that they evidently prefer."

I find the book enjoyable, although it is not what I expected. I wonder how DW will wind up the storylines in the last book (4000 Pages??). :mrgreen:

You've entirely missed the point of all this. The point is not that people have different opinions, it's that B4ndit stated something as fact that clearly wasn't fact. I said before that I couldn't care less whether he likes the book or not (like Tolkien in that quote above). He just needs to be clear that that was his opinion, and not a "fact".

Edit: And yes, "senselessness" is an english word.
Post by jaydub69   » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:17 pm

jaydub69
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

wow,two pages plus of posts because someone was a little sloppy in using perfect english when it is pretty clear what was meant by all involved. people are just giving their opinions and that is just fine. the real problem is that we dont seem to have too much to say about what happened in the book in question, which says a lot about posters thoughts on the book (in my opinion- not fact) :roll:

Return to Honorverse