Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 60 guests

SLN Logistics

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: SLN Logistics
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:30 am

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

munroburton wrote:
Louis R wrote:I don't think monro was suggesting that the RMN would be 'distracted'. He was, correctly, pointing out that the tac recordings provide a nifty little propaganda club: 'so, there's no Mesan Alignment, you say? interesting, your ships are using the same missiles that were used in the attack on our space stations... are you sure that _you_ aren't the "Alignment"?'

Not sure that anyone would bother, but it does have possibilities for [further] discrediting the administration in Chicago.

Yep, that sort of thing.

Ok, I missed that.

Hopefully Admiral Gold Peak is quick enough on the uptake that one of her first shore parties heads to the Technodyne offices on Mesa for their records.

Best they can do is tie Technodyne to Manpower through Anisimovna. technodyne supplying missiles to both parties or at least sharing technology.

Or am I still getting it wrong?
Helas,chou, Je m'en fache.
Post by Sigs   » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:31 am

Sigs
Rear Admiral

WeirdlyWired wrote:
Ok, I missed that.

Hopefully Admiral Gold Peak is quick enough on the uptake that one of her first shore parties heads to the Technodyne offices on Mesa for their records.

Best they can do is tie Technodyne to Manpower through Anisimovna. technodyne supplying missiles to both parties or at least sharing technology.

Or am I still getting it wrong?

They already can tie Technodyne to Manpower through the sale of BC's but even if they can conclusively tie them who will actually believe them? Those who believe them already will believe them and those who don't believe them will likely not be swayed by more evidence.
Post by Weird Harold   » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:44 am

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

Sigs wrote:They already can tie Technodyne to Manpower through the sale of BC's but even if they can conclusively tie them who will actually believe them? Those who believe them already will believe them and those who don't believe them will likely not be swayed by more evidence.

Given that Technodyne's SLN contracts have been frozen and the entire company is under investigation and executives are being tried in Solarian courts, I'd say the chances of accusations of collaboration with Manpower in the sale (gift) of "scrapped" BCs to Monica are pretty good.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by Sigs   » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:16 pm

Sigs
Rear Admiral

Weird Harold wrote:
Sigs wrote:They already can tie Technodyne to Manpower through the sale of BC's but even if they can conclusively tie them who will actually believe them? Those who believe them already will believe them and those who don't believe them will likely not be swayed by more evidence.

Given that Technodyne's SLN contracts have been frozen and the entire company is under investigation and executives are being tried in Solarian courts, I'd say the chances of accusations of collaboration with Manpower in the sale (gift) of "scrapped" BCs to Monica are pretty good.

I am talking about using the connection as proof that the MA is operating and exists. Basically at best they can only hope to convince that the company was just trying to make more money... proving that they are working with an organization few believe actually exists is another thing.
Post by Weird Harold   » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:24 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

Sigs wrote:I am talking about using the connection as proof that the MA is operating and exists. Basically at best they can only hope to convince that the company was just trying to make more money... proving that they are working with an organization few believe actually exists is another thing.

Since Technodyne was conspiring with Manpower and NOT the MAlign -- at least to their knowledge -- I'd be surprised that there is any way to prove a connection since one doesn't exist as far as the conspirators involved know.

Of all the co-conspirators involved with the Monica plot, only Isabel Bardasano knew anything about the MAlign. Everyone else was working blind as to the true goal of the plot -- which is a big reason why it failed and Anismovna was brought into an inner layer of the Onion to better understand what she really needed to accomplish.

Post by WeirdlyWired   » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:43 am

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

Weird Harold wrote:
Of all the co-conspirators involved with the Monica plot, only Isabel Bardasano knew anything about the MAlign. Everyone else was working blind as to the true goal of the plot -- which is a big reason why it failed and Anismovna was brought into an inner layer of the Onion to better understand what she really needed to accomplish.

Au contraire, mon ami, We now have Mr. Firebrand in nominal custody somewhere in Seraphim. He was partially brought in the Onion. And AFAIK Anisimovna is still sailing the Galaxy in her fancy Streak Drive luxury yacht. To be disovered?
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:54 am

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

There is no leverage against The Mandarins, at least not from outside the SL. Maybe they could get their congress or whatever it is to pressure The mandarins from within. If the collapse of the SL economy and the rout of the SLN hasn't brought enough pressure to bear, if the release of pre-invasion correspondence hasn't worked, some bit of jiggery-pokery logic isn't going to make spit on a griddle.

But, other than that, it is a worthy suggestion. At some point, in the minds of the Mandarins, or at least Kolkoltlov all they have to do is ride out the storm until they can match Manty capabilities and crush them like the beer can they are.
Post by Weird Harold   » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:15 am

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

Weird Harold wrote:
Of all the co-conspirators involved with the Monica plot, only Isabel Bardasano knew anything about the MAlign. ...

WeirdlyWired wrote:Au contraire, mon ami, We now have Mr. Firebrand in nominal custody somewhere in Seraphim. He was partially brought in the Onion. And AFAIK Anisimovna is still sailing the Galaxy in her fancy Streak Drive luxury yacht. To be disovered?

Mssr Harahap, aka Firebrand, wasn't brought into the outer layer of the Onion until after Monica, the same as Madame Anismovna. So as far as the Monica plot is concerned, it was enough to trigger the investigations into Technodyne's involvement and misappropriated BCs.

Nobody is looking for Firebrand or Anismovna except the GA. Nobody is going to believe they are anything but well-coached shills for Manticore if they are exposed as behind the Monica Plot.

Post by Sigs   » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:41 am

Sigs
Rear Admiral

That's the point, nobody will believe the GA who is not predisposed to believe them to begin with. Anything the GA comes up with, the Mandarins can counter the same way they countered the sensor data from Second BoM, New Tuscany, Spindle etc... so anything the GA presents as evidence will be ignored by the people who don't believe them or don't want to believe them, and will be accepted by the people who are already inclined to believe them.

So basically any similarity between SLN munitions and those that were used in OB will be ignored by those you most want to convince.
Post by Louis R   » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:17 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

While Damien didn't know a thing until later, Aldona was a long way inside the onion - far enough, apparently, to know Albrecht by _name_. What she wasn't was as far inside as she thought she was.

Weird Harold wrote:
WeirdlyWired wrote:Au contraire, mon ami, We now have Mr. Firebrand in nominal custody somewhere in Seraphim. He was partially brought in the Onion. And AFAIK Anisimovna is still sailing the Galaxy in her fancy Streak Drive luxury yacht. To be disovered?

Mssr Harahap, aka Firebrand, wasn't brought into the outer layer of the Onion until after Monica, the same as Madame Anismovna. So as far as the Monica plot is concerned, it was enough to trigger the investigations into Technodyne's involvement and misappropriated BCs.

Nobody is looking for Firebrand or Anismovna except the GA. Nobody is going to believe they are anything but well-coached shills for Manticore if they are exposed as behind the Monica Plot.

Return to Honorverse