Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 139 guests

WAR ROOM

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: WAR ROOM
Post by Sigs   » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:50 pm

Sigs
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:A two part question. Pardon if either's a stale question...

1. Even if the GA stumbles upon the Felix Wormhole Junction, would they immediately be able to transit it, never having ever used it? Without an observation ship for weeks? Certainly the MA's junction personnel will be conditioned to self-destruct before cooperating.

2. Let's assume the (FWJ) has the same tonnage restrictions as at least the MWJ. What force mix would you send through, knowing that the junction will be shut down for a time?

I would fortify the junction and wait for them to come to me... depends on where Darius is it might inconvenience the MA greatly to have to travel the long way around.
Post by Sigs   » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:54 pm

Sigs
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:Why do I feel like the tentative student in class reluctant to raise his hand? What purpose would knowing the location of the far terminus serve?

If you know where the system on the other end is, and knowing it is essentially the Capital of the MA means you can send forces the long way around thereby negating the need for an attack through the junction.
Post by kzt   » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:56 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Sigs wrote:
cthia wrote:Why do I feel like the tentative student in class reluctant to raise his hand? What purpose would knowing the location of the far terminus serve?

If you know where the system on the other end is, and knowing it is essentially the Capital of the MA means you can send forces the long way around thereby negating the need for an attack through the junction.

And if you don't you can feed people into the wood chipper and hope it eventually jams up. But I have my doubts they will either do that or find out where Darius is in the next book.
Post by Sigs   » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:03 pm

Sigs
Rear Admiral

kzt wrote:
Sigs wrote:If you know where the system on the other end is, and knowing it is essentially the Capital of the MA means you can send forces the long way around thereby negating the need for an attack through the junction.

And if you don't you can feed people into the wood chipper and hope it eventually jams up. But I have my doubts they will either do that or find out where Darius is in the next book.

I didn't say I agree with it or believe that the GA would ever use such tactics. I just stated that knowing what's on the other side might be worth it. I would personally fortify the junction and wait for the other side to come and push me out while I try to figure out where it goes.

Return to Honorverse