Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: penny and 104 guests

Manticore's new immigration policy

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Manticore's new immigration policy
Post by cthia   » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:07 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

When you think about it, wouldn't one almost have to assume that the policy has been in a constant state of flux since the Alliance and the forming of Torch, both alliances?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by GabrialSagan   » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:39 pm

GabrialSagan
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

George J. Smith wrote:
I'd be quite wary of 5th columnists amongst sollies, they would definitely require a catscan :lol: before being accepted.

They definitely would. Though I am talking about settling them on frontier worlds, so the worry of 5th columnists sabotaging the Manticoran military is not as prevalent as all that.
Post by SharkHunter   » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:44 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Given that virtually all passenger traffic is going to come from the wormhole junction, I'd think it likely that Manticore likely already had an effective facility at or near ACS' junction control where the customs personnel ar located. Likely it has now been tasked with even tighter constraints and inspection protocols for the passenger liners, freighters, etc.

Since the discovery of the weaponized nanotech, I'd imagine that the station got some serious upgrades, including the 'cat clans getting together and have a presence on that station now.

Other than that, existing policy probably works just fine.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:39 pm

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

SharkHunter wrote:Given that virtually all passenger traffic is going to come from the wormhole junction, I'd think it likely that Manticore likely already had an effective facility at or near ACS' junction control where the customs personnel ar located. Likely it has now been tasked with even tighter constraints and inspection protocols for the passenger liners, freighters, etc.

Since the discovery of the weaponized nanotech, I'd imagine that the station got some serious upgrades, including the 'cat clans getting together and have a presence on that station now.

Other than that, existing policy probably works just fine.

I suppose I could agree more, but ...probably not. They might return to subsidized immigration for worker skills they need to replace. it would be years from SoV before it even dawns on actual Sollies (Core worlds) to even consider moving "beyond the arsehole of the real world"
Helas,chou, Je m'en fache.
Post by GabrialSagan   » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:29 am

GabrialSagan
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

WeirdlyWired wrote:
But yeah, they have the experience, all they need to do is update it. The US spends 2 years vetting refugees, more if they come from countries where terrorist organizations are profligate.

Think of how much faster that vetting would go if the US had Treecats.
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:24 am

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

GabrialSagan wrote: Think of how much faster that vetting would go if the US had Treecats.

Now all we have to do is convince the Republicans that Cats are not part of the Vast Liberal Conspiracy. cats being the favourites of Pagans and other Islamist Terrorist anti-Christian terrorists.
Helas,chou, Je m'en fache.
Post by DDHv   » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:13 am

DDHv
Captain of the List

GabrialSagan wrote:
WeirdlyWired wrote:
But yeah, they have the experience, all they need to do is update it. The US spends 2 years vetting refugees, more if they come from countries where terrorist organizations are profligate.

Do you need to publish wishes that make me drool?
:lol:

WeirdlyWired wrote:
snip

Now all we have to do is convince the Republicans that Cats are not part of the Vast Liberal Conspiracy. cats being the favourites of Pagans and other Islamist Terrorist anti-Christian terrorists.

Make that the Republicrats. The politicos of both parties seem to be against true transparency.

Someone commented that Wikileaks is doing the work the press should be doing
8-)
Douglas Hvistendahl
Retired technical nerd

Dumb mistakes are very irritating.
Smart mistakes go on forever
Unless you test your assumptions!
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:03 pm

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

DDHv wrote:
GabrialSagan wrote:

Do you need to publish wishes that make me drool?
:lol:[\quote]

We best be careful here or we'll have to take this thread to "Politics" too.

WeirdlyWired wrote:
snip

Make that the Republicrats. The politicos of both parties seem to be against true transparency.

Someone commented that Wikileaks is doing the work the press should be doing[/quote]

True, but by US law "real" journalists can't actually do the stealing of emails, then file reports based on them. Wiki is more like Linda Tripp leaking the info that the reporters can then use. So, not real journalism just Deep Throat." Foxnews and Breitbart are doing the work of "real" journalism.

Real Liberal media picks no favorites. Kinda like Audrey O'Hanrahan The Mesan A [mensa?] reporter who skewers anyone and everyone, even Mesan transtellars.

Return to Honorverse