Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 48 guests

RFC's genius: Easter Eggs inside easter eggs

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
RFC's genius: Easter Eggs inside easter eggs
Post by BobfromSydney   » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:56 pm

BobfromSydney
Commander

Robert Stanton Pierre

When I first saw the name I immediately realised it was a reference to Maximilien Robespierre and never thought about it after that.

It was only today that I realised that the 'Stanton' was actually a reference to Georges Danton (another French revolution figure) :!:

My mind = blown :o

Does anyone else have interesting moments of discovering easter eggs inside easter eggs in the honorverse?
Re: RFC's genius: Easter Eggs inside easter eggs
Post by AReader   » Thu May 04, 2017 4:28 pm

AReader
Midshipman

There are snippets of paralleling and reference to actual historical events throughout the HonorVerse
For example
Elizabeth II, Queen of Manticore, was the fifth reigning monarch of the Star Kingdom of Manticore from 1544 to 1601 PD.

She was the daughter of King Michael I with his second wife, Queen Mary, and thus the younger half-sister of Edward I. When he died in a boating accident, she succeeded him on the throne and ruled over Manticore for 57 T-years, making her the longest-reigning Manticoran monarch as of 1922 PD.

(Copied from the HonorVerse Wiki)Http://honorverse.wikia.com/wiki/Elizabeth_II_Winton

And the similarity to actual Historical fact

Queen Elizabeth II of United Kingdom, Canada, Australia & New Zealand
On 9 September 2015 (at the age of 89 years, 141 days), Elizabeth II became the longest-reigning British monarch and the longest-reigning female monarch in world history.

Return to Honorverse