Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 69 guests

Elections

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Elections
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:13 am

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

Annachie wrote:I think you missed the point WW.

The Mandarins, purely as a matter of circumstance you understand, have their own personal favorites in elected positions of planetary governments.
Controlling a federal purse in an SL style federal government must allow an awful lot of influence peddling in purely planetry governments.

So if those people are looking like taking a hit in the elections ...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Perhaps, I did. Perhaps I way oversimplified for brevity. "An honest politician is one who stays bought." Yes they have their "favorites" like Tyrone Reed and the speaker of the chamber. The mandarins ae there because the government constructed by the Constitution is and always was unworkable. yes, in theory any of the mandarins can be replced by outside forces. However When one of them starts creating such a constitutional crisis, the other mandarins would remove the offender way before it is noticed by the masse, who, incidentally, are a joke controlled by the Secretary of education and Information AKA propaganda, aided and abetted by the totally co-opted press.
Helas,chou, Je m'en fache.

Return to Honorverse