Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 106 guests

I have great new idea about what to do with the SLN SDs

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: I have great new idea about what to do with the SLN SDs
Post by jtg452   » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:45 am

jtg452
Captain of the List

You mean you don't want to hear my plan to turn them into tenders for grav lance armed frigates or orbital habitats for treecats and Medusans?
Post by Theemile   » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

jtg452 wrote:You mean you don't want to hear my plan to turn them into tenders for grav lance armed frigates or orbital habitats for treecats and Medusans?

We just need to have a dead horse list stickied somewhere.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by jtg452   » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:43 pm

jtg452
Captain of the List

Theemile wrote:

That post was intended to be a joke. That's why I tried to work in as many of the major dead horses as I could cram in and still make sense.

As for a sticky listing the dead horses...

Why bother? They wouldn't read it.
Post by Theemile   » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:27 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

jtg452 wrote:
Theemile wrote:

That post was intended to be a joke. That's why I tried to work in as many of the major dead horses as I could cram in and still make sense.

As for a sticky listing the dead horses...

Why bother? They wouldn't read it.

Don't worry, I took it that way. And you are right, it wouldn't matter.... even if David published it in a book.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by cthia   » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:08 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

My niece emailed me...

"Uncle, I quickly visited the forum. Are my eyes deceiving me? There can't be more threads discussing captured Solly junk? Now do you see what I mean about beating a dead horse? The frigging cart keeps moving! Methinks the captured Solly junk should be immediately inducted into TWTSNBN Hall of Fame. Straightway!

That poor horse has been beat so much there isn't any DNA left. The author needs to shoot the cart pronto! I would imagine that if he ends the series failing to send that garbage to the breakers would be an even more serious fail than losing the perpetrators of Oyster Bay!

In fact, if he would have dealt with the issue in the upcoming book, it may have been enough of a bone for his disgruntled fans to substitute for failing to advance the timeline. After all, priorities.

Think about it. The hardback is due for release pretty much in time for the holidays. Time enough for another...

'Merry Christmas Wesley, the captured Solly junk has finally been sent to the breakers!'"

:lol:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by n7axw   » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:55 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:My niece emailed me...

"Uncle, I quickly visited the forum. Are my eyes deceiving me? There can't be more threads discussing captured Solly junk? Now do you see what I mean about beating a dead horse? The frigging cart keeps moving! Methinks the captured Solly junk should be immediately inducted into TWTSNBN Hall of Fame. Straightway!

That poor horse has been beat so much there isn't any DNA left. The author needs to shoot the cart pronto! I would imagine that if he ends the series failing to send that garbage to the breakers would be an even more serious fail than losing the perpetrators of Oyster Bay!

In fact, if he would have dealt with the issue in the upcoming book, it may have been enough of a bone for his disgruntled fans to substitute for failing to advance the timeline. After all, priorities.

Think about it. The hardback is due for release pretty much in time for the holidays. Time enough for another...

'Merry Christmas Wesley, the captured Solly junk has finally been sent to the breakers!'"

:lol:

As long as there are inter-stellar junk collectors there will be dead horses to be beaten. :mrgreen:

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by TangoLima   » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:05 pm

TangoLima
Captain (Junior Grade)

Parts !
Different parts.
Parts is parts.
Post by ldwechsler   » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:22 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

TangoLima wrote:Parts !
Different parts.
Parts is parts.

Hate to mention it but David (RFC) brought it up at the start of his next book. You can see it under Uncompromising Snippet 1.

Manticore is turning them into scrap, keeping some components, melting down the others.
Post by TangoLima   » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:10 pm

TangoLima
Captain (Junior Grade)

Oh, I have read them.
Just wanted to use those lines for a while.
Hopefully it will help purge them from my memory.
Post by drothgery   » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:38 am

drothgery
Admiral

TangoLima wrote:Parts !
Different parts.
Parts is parts.

FYI - If the last post in a thread is over a year old, it's probably best to start a new thread if you want to discuss the same topic.

Return to Honorverse