Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 65 guests

Honorverse Deaths

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Honorverse Deaths
Post by ghost   » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:56 pm

ghost
Ensign

I'm re-reading the entire series and in doing so, I'm amazed by the number of likeable characters that have bitten the dust. I'm curious as to how my fellow readers feel so I'll ask "Who is your favorite character that died or was killed in the Honor series?".

BTW Honor herself does not count as her death was faked by the peeps. My vote would be for Honor's Armsman Andrew Lafollet. It seemed such a bummer than she placed him guarding her child for his own safety and then he gets killed when the Mesan Alliance executes Oyster Bay.

Ghost
Re: Honorverse Deaths
Post by adammada   » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

adammada
Midshipman

To answer your question: Andrew Lafollet and Alistair McKeon

But it triggered me to think - which main (especially from the "good" side) character you would wish to die instead (or just next time...).

And there is one: White Heaven . He is just plain annoying, even with all this "best strategist" hype.
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:31 am

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

Ragnild Paveltek (sp?) total waste of a perfectly good snotty.
Helas,chou, Je m'en fache.
Post by cthia   » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:56 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

WeirdlyWired wrote:Ragnild Paveltek (sp?) total waste of a perfectly good snotty.

Ronny. Definitely Ronny. She had such a bright and promising career ahead of her. Such a sweet girl. Dammit, I was in love with her. Hers was one of the hardest deaths , thus far, I had to endure in the Honorverse.

Secondly, I'd say Howard Clinkscales. That Old Dinosaur truly loved Honor and she him.

Thirdly, Timothy Meares. The fact that Honor had to kill him was doubly painful.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Quinlan73   » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:43 am

Quinlan73
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

cthia wrote:
WeirdlyWired wrote:Ragnild Paveltek (sp?) total waste of a perfectly good snotty.

Ronny. Definitely Ronny. She had such a bright and promising career ahead of her. Such a sweet girl. Dammit, I was in love with her. Hers was one of the hardest deaths , thus far, I had to endure in the Honorverse.

Secondly, I'd say Howard Clinkscales. That Old Dinosaur truly loved Honor and she him.

Thirdly, Timothy Meares. The fact that Honor had to kill him was doubly painful.

At least Howard wasn't murdered. He was just too old for prolong and died naturally. Pretty much everybody else? Combat, murder, suicide.
Post by dscott8   » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:15 pm

dscott8
Commodore

ghost wrote:My vote would be for Honor's Armsman Andrew Lafollet. It seemed such a bummer than she placed him guarding her child for his own safety and then he gets killed when the Mesan Alliance executes Oyster Bay.

Ghost

I'm going to choose the other LaFollet -- Miranda. Such a nice lady, so crucial to Honor's adaptation to Grayson society, a friend to treecats. I'd always hoped RFC would find her a dashing young officer with whom she could settle down.
Post by svenhauke   » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:52 pm

svenhauke
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

the unknown 21 year old enlisted at basilisk station

no one knoews him but he did his best and was a real nice guy

we don t even know his name
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:26 am

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

Ghost[/quote]

I'm going to choose the other LaFollet -- Miranda. Such a nice lady, so crucial to Honor's adaptation to Grayson society, a friend to treecats. I'd always hoped RFC would find her a dashing young officer with whom she could settle down.[/quote]

Miranda would be my second choice.

Maybe Javier Giscard. I like Eloise Pritchart. Having lost the love of my life some years back, the empathy factor is high. Or can we pick only Manticorans?
Helas,chou, Je m'en fache.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:13 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

WeirdlyWired wrote:.

<snip> Or can we pick only Manticorans?

Better not let rosenheather say that :mrgreen:
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by cthia   » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:36 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The deaths in the Honorverse that I will never EVER get over, EVER is the Mueller School Dome kids. Those deaths rocked my world. It is too close to the shit that real life offers up.

Why, oh why can't there be authors who don't mind writing stories where none of the good guys die?

It is also why I find it rather difficult to read the newspapers or consume the evening newscast. How can kids who simply left their homes earlier that morning all excited about touring a construction site suddenly die a horrible death before dinner?

Yes, still suffering from those deaths.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse