Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests

The Honorverse Best Seller List

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: The Honorverse Best Seller List
Post by cthia   » Fri May 05, 2017 5:28 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

By Sector
BLUE The Bl ck M rket We pons Bullet BOOK
By Planet

CONTENTS
  • Blue Book Special....................................... ii
  • History..........................................................2
  • Hand Guns................................................. 10
  • Rifles.......................................................1053
  • Shoulder Launched.................................2054
  • Mounted..................................................3599
  • Specialty..................................................4600
  • Kid Friendly............................................5401
  • Family Protection....................................6402
  • Personal Protection..................................7588
  • Most Popular Female Items...................12755
  • Miscellaneous........................................12969
-i-
BLUE BOOK SPECIAL:

1Carton ea. included w/ standardsppurchase while supplies last.
  • Vibro Blades [non-reg] w/ holsters .
  • Maxtase. We guarantee these darts will knock out a hexapuma. Note: Fatal to humans.
  • Maxblind. Delivers a brilliant flash of light 2x 2solar-eclipse causing temporary blindness in most animal species. See included list of animals not affected.

-ii-
!PLS! !VET!
Be advised, we are not a dealer, just a repository and liason of available black market weapons. Oftentimes shipping costs are significantly higher than price of weapon.
!!!!!ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Insurance: N/A!!!!!
Shipping base. Somewhere on the Verge of existence.

Prohibitive price of catalog refunded towards first order. Sales only to vetted customers who are vettingly known to successfully operate in "illegality."
Big Blue Motto
We take care of the legal mumbo jumbo
You take care of the legal humbo mumbo

!!!Not responsible for seized shipments or shipments lost to battle, accident, obfuscation, misunderstanding, closed junctions, lost or misdirected convoys, heresies, double crosses, laundering, criminal charges, criminal enterprises, criminal elements, criminal intents, vetting failures, unstable wormholes, Eridani Edict violations, accidental explosions, mechanical failures, astrogation failures, natural disasters, belligerence, mutinies, mutineers, new governments, Office of Frontier Fleet intervention, The Demon Murphy and/or any of his relatives known and/or unknown or any other unforeseen circumstances that would, could and/or may equate The Bullet as legally liable!!!

-1-
The blamarcket is not an actual warehouse sitting somewhere in the dead of space, but rather an economic hub of activity in which merchandise and/or services are bought and sold illegally. Also called the “underground market,” this market gets its name due to the fact that its activity is conducted out of sight and often “in the dark,” outside the sight of various agencies. It can be illustrated by something as innocent and innocuous as selling copyrighted HD music and movies. gum on the playground, or by something as serious as the sale of smuggled weapons or drugs.

In other cases, goods may be stolen and or pirated and then re-sold on the black market. When a good is euphemistically referred to as having “fallen off the back of a freighter ,” usually it means that it has been stolen for the purpose of being sold illegally. If you are purchasing a new stereo, for example, from an individual at an extremely low price, there’s a good chance that it’s been stolen. Another way that a transaction can be illegal is if it is an otherwise legal good or service that is bought or sold in such a way as to avoid proper licensing or taxes. This is the case with unregistered firearms and cigarettes, which usually include a hefty local, state, or federal tax.

Due to man’s inherently entrepreneurial nature, coupled with government’s pesky tendency to regulate, black markets can and do exist everywhere. They do, however, tend to develop more readily on planets and systems with especially heavy regulation. Even though a good or service becomes outlawed or heavily regulated, the market may continue to demand it. As a result, the black market springs up to meet the market’s demand. This is the case when governments place price controls, rationing or complete prohibition on a good or service.

Although the consumer’s demand is met, usually the seller or “black marketeer” is the one who profits from a transaction. Prices on this market tend to be higher due to smaller supply and constant demand. The risk that a marketeer takes in acquiring and selling a good or service is also included in the price. If it is a difficult good to acquire, it will have a higher price as well. At times, prices can be lower if the seller has lower “overhead” because he or she stole the good or is avoiding high taxes.

Consumers are often willing to overlook the illegality of a black market transaction if they feel that the good or service is “harmless.” This is often the case with illegal prostitution and also applied to alcohol sales during prohibition. Although some people think that most illegal transactions are relatively harmless, the money generated is often used for nefarious purposes. The mafia in the U.S. thrived during prohibition, resulting in bloody battles over turf and profits. Governments combating illegal markets spend vast fortunes fighting organized crime and racketeering, and lose millions in tax revenues from the prohibited good.

Many solutions to the black market have been proposed, including deregulation, legalizing drugs and prostitution, and increasing supply of a particular good. Some argue that this is a concession to criminals and drug users, while others argue that government resources can be put to better use.

-2-

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Thu May 11, 2017 10:21 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Treecats Unsheathed

Contains a compendium of appearances and dialect from such notables including Nimitz, Samantha and Ariel. Boneshakingly informative.

Reviews:
The Manticoran Times wrote:"If you didn't respect them then. You do now."
Sphinx Kats Newscast (SKN) wrote:"It is more than just a war cry."
Beowulf Howling wrote:"Sobering look into the emotion and impetus behind an attack."
The Grayson Testament wrote:"Justice cuts deeply."
The Haven Harbor wrote:"Their claws shall determine your innocence."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Fri May 19, 2017 10:38 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

<Let's Talk About Two-leg Weirdness>
— by Grayson Cats

Post by cthia   » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:38 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Perceived MAN tactics.
THE MAN KAMIKAZE
Is doom headed this way?

Reviews:
The Manticoran Times wrote:"A frightening account of what wicked this way may come by an anonymous retired military analyst."
Sphinx Kats Newscast (SKN) wrote:"They have no soul. They are grown and brainwashed in genetic vitro. They live only to die. "
The Beowulf Howling wrote:"A chilling account that makes the kamikazes of Old Earth history look like a bunch of girl scout cookies."
The Grayson Testaments wrote:"Makes one hope they remain under a rock."
The Haven Harbor wrote:"Masterfully written."

Last edited by cthia on Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:12 am, edited 8 times in total.

Post by cthia   » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:55 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

BREAKING NEWS

First broken on our affiliate station W-HOLT.

A very old wiretapping of a secret meeting in the House of Lords reminiscent of the Watergate scandal of yore is found and "leaked" to the public. Parts of audio is inaudible as the subject seems to be spouting incoherent vehemence through gritted teeth...

"Have you all gone mad! That out of control lunatic simply cannot be allowed to have a seat in the Lords!"

"Why not?"

" :o " ...

"BECAUSE IT'D ONLY BE A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THAT HOLIER-THAN-THOU JUMPED-UP BASEBORN BITCH..."

"#@&%$" (bleep)

"#%$@#@##@$@#$@#$" (inaudible)

"@%&%" (bleep)

"IS LORD OF THE WHOLE PHUCKING REALM!"

Last edited by cthia on Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:01 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post by cthia   » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:42 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

and I shall carve her
IIIIIIIIIIIIIF O C U SIIIIIIIIIIII
Eloise Pritchart
one body at a time

Prologue: When they take away her straw she makes bricks out of bodies. For she shall rebuild her Republic off the backs of great or not so great men.

Post by cthia   » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:29 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

THE OFFICIAL Handbook
CASE:ZULU
Official Regulations and Training

Due to a glitch in our system this has been superseded by an edited post.

Post by cthia   » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:17 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The official bible and roadmap.
THE HOUSEMAN REPORT
Unprecedented system growth.

Preface
A brilliant economist. The verve that has gone into this report is astounding. It has become the official book of managing a star system's economy. Comprehensive. All encompassing.

This publishing is quickly becoming legendary out in the Verge and beyond and the Solarian League is frightened. Mr. Reginald Houseman has proved that the pen truly is mightier than the sword. The natives are growing restless.

Reviews:
The Manticoran Times wrote:"Brilliant economist!"
Sphinx Kats Newscast (SKN) wrote:"The bible of system survival."
Beowulf Howling wrote:"A friend to the Verge!"
The Grayson Testaments wrote:"A report that has found its proper place."
The Haven Harbor wrote:"We've ordered a shipload of copies."

Post by lyonheart   » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:47 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi cthia,

Kudos.

Some of these belong on your humor page.

L

cthia wrote:
THE HOUSEMAN REPORT

Preface
A brilliant economist. The verve that has gone into this report is astounding. It has become the official book of managing a star system's economy. Comprehensive. All encompassing.

This publishing is quickly becoming legendary out in the Verge and beyond and the Solarian League is frightened. Mr. Reginald Houseman has proved that the pen truly is mightier than the sword. The natives are growing restless.

Reviews:
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Post by cthia   » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:44 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
THE HOUSEMAN REPORT

Preface

Reviews:
lyonheart wrote:quote="lyonheart"]Hi cthia,

Kudos.

Some of these belong on your humor page.

L

Some of them are on Pokermind's humor page if you care to bother. The Breaking News post was first broken on W-HOLT.

Try clicking on it. It is red for a reason. A couple other's have their roots in the humor thread as well.

Again, the humor thread is not my own. I can't take credit for such an entertaining thread. I do seem to be carrying the thread on my own shoulders, alone, and I take up the gantlet and do what I must. I can hardly imagine how ornery many of you would get, without your coffee and something to smile and laugh about.

A little help from the peanut gallery once in a while would be nice, y'all. Surely there's more than grouchy in the pouchy.

Some of you do contribute once in a while.

My most humble and grateful thanks.

Return to Honorverse