Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests

The Honorverse Best Seller List

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: The Honorverse Best Seller List
Post by cthia   » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:07 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Wormhole defense
DEFENDING TREVOR'S ⭐
Esther McQueen

Prologue: No Retreat. No Surrender.

Chapter 1: Tying Your Shoes
Chapter 2: Assessing the Battlefield
Chapter 3: Operating On a Shoestring Budget
Chapter 4: The Mechanics of Defending a Wormhole
Chapter 5: Turning the Enemy's Strengths into Weakness
Chapter 6: Using Smoke and Mirrors to Create Fire
Chapter 7: Staying a Step-and-a-Half Ahead
Chapter 8: Tactics and the Haven Sector
Chapter 9: Strategy and the Haven sector

Printed posthumously, this is an exercise delving deeply into the art of strategy and tactics.

Reviews:
Honor Harrington wrote: "She's a modern day Sun Tzu. Remarkable detail and insight depicting classic strategy and tactics overlaid onto a modern battlefield in space. Brilliant. A powerhouse on strategy and tactics that places her in the good company of Sun Tzu."

Last edited by cthia on Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:33 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

TheF R E EPublication

Girls Night In
— PeterZ

(I have said this before. No written work I submit on this board is considered proprietary. David is free to use any work I submit in any way shape or form and any resemblance to this work by David will not be considered infringement in any way.)

I can see Elizabeth, Honor and Eloise at the range. Honor is showing off her 1911 replica and Eloise is viewing it as a quaint toy, while Elizabeth is viewing it as a dueling weapon. Poor honor sees it as a work of art as well as a workable tool.

"Seriously, Honor," Eloise begins," pulsers are much more useful. The dart has a straight line trajectory and a hit puts paid to the target....er assailant. Your toy gives the would be attacker more chances of survival that I am comfortable with. I happen to agree with River Dancer; the only good attacker is a dead one." Eloise's treecat body guard did not wish to assault her hearing on this escapade.

"Please, Eloise," Chimes in Elizabeth, "You Havenites don't understand dueling at all! The weapon gives a neophyte a chance to survive and forces the bloodthirsty duelist to be very good to actually kill someone. By the way, Honor, that was brilliant work on Denver Summervale. I began practicing shooting from the hip and it's not easy at all!"

The object of this side discussion finishes her last shot in the tight clump on the upper right edge of the outside ring.

"Why do you do that?", asks Elizabeth.
"I've been curious myself," Eloise adds.

"Fire at different places on the target?" Honor responds.

"Yes" both heads of state reply.

"Elizabeth, you shoot at one other duelist, right?" Honor continues after a nod. "You also shot at individual targets, Eloise?"

"Well, yes, using more than one round means someone screwed the pooch on the planning."

"Uncle Jacques insisted I vary my aim points. He wanted me to avoid developing habits that can be predicted. Always aiming at the center of a target lends itself to predictable patterns of thought. Besides, shifting your aim at different parts of the target better replicates the changing combat environment," Honor concluded.

Both Leaders considered their mutual friend happily replacing a 10 round magazine of .45 caliber chemical propellant.

Eloise shakes herself from her musing as if to get past a dark memory. "I'm glad I never had to be in a ....target rich environment. I usually planned too well for that to happen. Well, either me or Kevin planned well anyway."

"Good Lord! I thought swimming with a pond full of political sharks was bad. You ladies drop reminiscences of mortal adventures like Dr. Harrington swaps recipes with Mistress Thorne!" complains Elizabeth.

"Nonsense, that's base libel, Elizabeth, and you know it!" Retorts Honor, "Daddy doesn't do anything so gauche as 'swap' anything with Mistress Thorne. They carefully negotiate any item they would like to add to their recipe book. The other just as carefully considers a suitable exchange. Those two have it down to an art form. There have been times where Mac has to intercede when some point of honor has them at an impasse. Mom, just sits back and laughs!"

The three most powerful women in their half of the explored galaxy share a comfortable chuckle that to an unkind observer might resemble something that may be described as giggles.

"Care to try a few rounds, Eloise?" says Honor as she steps back to give the platinum haired woman some room.

Note:
We are currently experiencing a shortage of the e-arc due to its immensely popular nature leading to shipments being seized and systematically targeted by pirates who apparently couldn't wait for the hardbound edition. We apologize for any inconvenience and shortages. Our current hardbound shipment is being handled by Captain Bachfish and we expect no delays.

Last edited by cthia on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:43 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

PiercingINSIDE THE NANITEskin

Warning: The most frightening thing you will ever read in your life. After consuming, it has been said to make one want to burn it, even without prior instruction.

[Decrypted]

Post by cthia   » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:35 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

mind cntrl mind
self>>>destroying>>>nanites
STAGE TWO

Renzo Kyprianou

Post by lcdrdata   » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:05 am

lcdrdata
Midshipman

We'll Always Have Nouveau Paris
- V. Cachet
If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called "research" - Albert Einstein
Post by saber964   » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:27 pm

saber964
Admiral

cthia wrote:
TheF R E EPublication

Girls Night In
— PeterZ

(I have said this before. No written work I submit on this board is considered proprietary. David is free to use any work I submit in any way shape or form and any resemblance to this work by David will not be considered infringement in any way.)

I can see Elizabeth, Honor and Eloise at the range. Honor is showing off her 1911 replica and Eloise is viewing it as a quaint toy, while Elizabeth is viewing it as a dueling weapon. Poor honor sees it as a work of art as well as a workable tool.

"Seriously, Honor," Eloise begins," pulsers are much more useful. The dart has a straight line trajectory and a hit puts paid to the target....er assailant. Your toy gives the would be attacker more chances of survival that I am comfortable with. I happen to agree with River Dancer; the only good attacker is a dead one." Eloise's treecat body guard did not wish to assault her hearing on this escapade.

"Please, Eloise," Chimes in Elizabeth, "You Havenites don't understand dueling at all! The weapon gives a neophyte a chance to survive and forces the bloodthirsty duelist to be very good to actually kill someone. By the way, Honor, that was brilliant work on Denver Summervale. I began practicing shooting from the hip and it's not easy at all!"

The object of this side discussion finishes her last shot in the tight clump on the upper right edge of the outside ring.

"Elizabeth, you shoot at one other duelist, right?" Honor continues after a nod. "You also shot at individual targets, Eloise?"

"Well, yes, using more than one round means someone screwed the pooch on the planning."

"Uncle Jacques insisted I vary my aim points. He wanted me to avoid developing habits that can be predicted. Always aiming at the center of a target lends itself to predictable patterns of thought. Besides, shifting your aim at different parts of the target better replicates the changing combat environment," Honor concluded.

Both Leaders considered their mutual friend happily replacing a 10 round magazine of .45 caliber chemical propellant.

Eloise shakes herself from her musing as if to get past a dark memory. "I'm glad I never had to be in a ....target rich environment. I usually planned too well for that to happen. Well, either me or Kevin planned well anyway."

"Good Lord! I thought swimming with a pond full of political sharks was bad. You ladies drop reminiscences of mortal adventures like Dr. Harrington swaps recipes with Mistress Thorne!" complains Elizabeth.

"Nonsense, that's base libel, Elizabeth, and you know it!" Retorts Honor, "Daddy doesn't do anything so gauche as 'swap' anything with Mistress Thorne. They carefully negotiate any item they would like to add to their recipe book. The other just as carefully considers a suitable exchange. Those two have it down to an art form. There have been times where Mac has to intercede when some point of honor has them at an impasse. Mom, just sits back and laughs!"

The three most powerful women in their half of the explored galaxy share a comfortable chuckle that to an unkind observer might resemble something that may be described as giggles.

"Care to try a few rounds, Eloise?" says Honor as she steps back to give the platinum haired woman some room.

Note:
We are currently experiencing a shortage of the e-arc due to its immensely popular nature leading to shipments being seized and systematically targeted by pirates who apparently couldn't wait for the hardbound edition. We apologize for any inconvenience and shortages. Our current hardbound shipment is being handled by Captain Bachfish and we expect no delays.

A nit pick, if Honor is using a M1911 replica the number of rounds in the magazine is wrong. A M1911 has a magazine capacity of 7 + 1 rounds, 7 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber. Not 10 rounds unless she is using a Glock or S&W .45 cal.
Post by lyonheart   » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:36 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi Saber964,

There are 2 row/sided magazine versions of the .45 Colt auto that are only a 1/4" wider or less that add another 6-7 rounds, so 2000 years in the future could have all kinds of magazine round combinations.

Best as always,

L

saber964 wrote:quote="cthia"
TheF R E EPublication

quoteGirls Night In
— PeterZ

"Care to try a few rounds, Eloise?" says Honor as she steps back to give the platinum haired woman some room.quote

Note:

A nit pick, if Honor is using a M1911 replica the number of rounds in the magazine is wrong. A M1911 has a magazine capacity of 7 + 1 rounds, 7 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber. Not 10 rounds unless she is using a Glock or S&W .45 cal.[/quote]
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Post by lcdrdata   » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:18 am

lcdrdata
Midshipman

RANSOMing Our Future: Why I Had to Try

The Secret Memoirs of Esther McQueen

Introduction by Thomas Theisman; Afterword by Lester Tourville

Publisher's Note: This work, respectfully compiled by Theisman & Tourville, consists of Adm. McQueen's personal files from a hidden data archive, recently auto-decrypted and forwarded
If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called "research" - Albert Einstein
Post by cthia   » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:07 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

S h a l l o t
Inside the smaller Onion

Anonymous.

Preface: Did daddy have a favorite?

Post by timmopussycat   » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:12 pm

timmopussycat
Lieutenant Commander

George J. Smith wrote:How To Marry A Queen
— Prince Justin

Can anyone recall the book regarding their meeting? And undoubtedly, his forcefulness was what excited Elizabeth. He exhibited the fervor of a Prince.

Queen's Gambit in Worlds of Honor.

Return to Honorverse