Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests

The Honorverse Best Seller List

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: The Honorverse Best Seller List
Post by cthia   » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:04 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Kingdom of the Clones
Anonymous treasure found on Mesa

Note: There has been an issue with this publication being wrongly stocked in the sci-fi section. We apologize for the error. This is nonfiction, ladies and gentlemen. As real as the goose bumps on your arm and the hair raising fear on the nape of your neck. Be afraid. Be very very afraid. If it's any consolation, we are too.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:12 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Special Edition
DEFENDING TREV⭐R'S
Esther McQueen

Prologue: No Retreat. No Surrender.

Chapter 1: Tying Your Shoes
Chapter 2: Assessing the Battlefield
Chapter 3: Operating On a Shoestring Budget
Chapter 4: The Mechanics of Defending a Wormhole
Chapter 5: Turning the Enemy's Strengths into Weakness
Chapter 6: Using Smoke and Mirrors to Create Fire
Chapter 7: Staying a Step-and-a-Half Ahead
Chapter 8: Tactics and the Haven Sector
Chapter 9: Strategy and the Haven sector

Special Edition including 15 additional chapters and more.

Printed posthumously, this is an exercise delving deeply into the art of strategy and tactics.

Reviews:
Honor Harrington wrote: "She's a modern day Sun Tzu. Remarkable detail and insight depicting classic strategy and tactics overlaid onto a modern battlefield in space. Brilliant. A powerhouse on strategy and tactics that places her in the good company of Sun Tzu."

This updated, SPECIAL EDITION, annotated, illustrated version includes interviews conducted by McQueens's next of kin who has been a keen military analyst for years. A particularly amusing interview is given by Hamish Alexander. Excerpt...

"It was like I was the Wile E. Coyote and she was the Road Runner. I kept coming back for more, and she kept sending me home with my tail tucked between my legs. And my legs were getting shakier. She whipped me like I stole something and it made me question my manhood. She had a communique sent to me once when I was exiting the system. It read...

"I'll see you when you return. If you want some more, I'll give you some more."

Followed by laughter from the Salamander during interview.

Defending Trevor's Star. Now includes data chip with released footage of ships' records and a detailed diary of the play by play, thoughts, rants and musings kept by the astonishing Queen of Wormhole Defense herself, Esther "Smoke and Mirrors" McQueen. Fifteen amusing chapters are added to an already insane bestseller. Includes interviews from dozens of officers from both sides who survived the skirmish. This is a very ambitious, herculean effort years in the making, jumping through many hoops on three different planets in three different systems to secure classified documents and footage, and detailing the effort to make them unclassified and fit for publishing. Astonishing.

If you are a military historian, this is like manna. If you are a military analyst, this is like manna. If you are tasked with defending a wormhole, this is like life.

If you are simply longing for more grist of the legendary rumor mill surrounding the hype of the defense of Trevor's Star, this is the publishing to covet from cover to cover.

The final four chapters alone
  • Shell Game
  • Sleight of Hand
  • Slue of Foot
  • Smoke and Mirrors: The History of Conception

are worth their weight in dead bodies and shredded metal. Smoke and Mirrors: The History of Conception is a crown jewel.

It has become the authority on Wormhole Defense.

The detail is simply outstanding! A steal at any price.

Thousands of copies have been secretly ordered by someone, somewhere. We don't generally authorize such huge orders but one of our employees can't explain what "compelled" her to ok the order.

As a result, the backorders of the backorders that are on backorder are on backorder. Please stop emailing us for a hard arrival date of this publication.

Honor Harrington wrote: "Show them what they want to see. Esther knew about that too, huh? Apparently she wrote the book on it. Spanked my husband's ass did she? Why I oughta— LOL"

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:19 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Battle of the Benjamins
—Katherine Mayhew

Blurb: The Malign has come out of the shadows and has wasted no time in attacking Grayson. It is being touted as the "Will of the Benjamins." At least one Benjamin is going to wish he never came out of the closet.

Post by cthia   » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:56 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

BASTAR abanDoned kidsOOLB
—Anonymous

Blurb: Bastard Blood - a hauntingly malignant tale of dispassionate parents.

Now including links to evidence.

Last edited by cthia on Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by cthia   » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:14 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Wrath of the Cons
—by A. D. Legacy

Blurb: A tale of blind desperation and revenge. Backed in a corner and pushed to the end of their limit by the beaters of the galaxy, the hidden entity emerge, throwing caution and humanity to the wind.

Post by cthia   » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:23 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Mind Mines
— Anonymous

Blurb: A Treecat has turned on humanity as a result of nanite compulsion and the Manticoran government sat on the secret to prevent panic. Now that the cat is out of the bag, the galaxy is thrown into a frenzy. What manner of misaligned mystic magic has the MAlign made now?

Beware not to step on a Treecat mind mine.

Post by cthia   » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:02 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

SOUL MATE
—A compendium of authors

In this part of the galaxy "Soul Mates" have taken on a very profound meaning. Read all about the magic that has happened when two very compatible genetic soups mix. There are some couples who really finish each others sentences. Love at first sight in this galaxy is real.

Excerpts:

"Our first kiss was a series of euphoric explosions. Our second surpassed the first. Our third hasn't ended yet. It's just one long orgasmic ride."

"Placing two specific genies in a bottle can produce lots of smoke. Hands off, these particular bottles rub themselves. Thank you very much."

"The insane joys of love making hinge on the verge of danger."

["Alfred and I melt the walls." It's no wonder that our most favorite old fiction comes from the vaults of Old Earth. Christine Feehan's Ghost Walkers. Tales of super compatible genetic soups are a delicious concoction. One book, Mind Game, features a couple whose intense love making is extremely dangerous to the surroundings. Entire houses can burn to the ground. Alfred and I have scorched a few sets of sheets ourselves. Where there's smoke, there's desire."

"Ally! You're asking for a spanking!"

"I am! I am!]

There are also tales of twins who are genies who also have amazing abilities. "Wonder twin powers. Activate."

Just as there is a reality of very compatible genetic soups, there are also horror stories of genetic incompatibility. Many marriages have ended as a result of irreconcilable genetic differences - which comprises an entire chapter within.

Absolutely a must read. Buy two. One for lending.

Post by cthia   » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:31 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

101 things you didn't know about the entity you didn't know.
And dare not ask.

—A don't ask, don't tell publishing.

Blurb:
It seems plausible that genetic manipulation in the Honorverse would eventually affect human ability in frightening ways. What once was pseudoscience may eventually become a MAlign reality. Psychokinesis also known as Telekinesis is courted by the Mesan Alignment. If the MA are successful in this endeavor, they may not need the Treecats. Nanite compulsion may become a primitive thing of the past.

It is also rumored to be STAGE THREE of a certain publishing.

We hesitate recommending this one. It has become the source of many sleepless nights. In this part of the galaxy, even the things that go bump in the night are frightened shitless.

Afraid? You should be. We sure as hell are.

This is part of what the Beowulf Code was afraid of. Man has no limits to his curiosity and arrogance. Psychopathic sociopaths actually have no concept of a governor, or limits. Which is even more frightening. Is there truly no limit to malignant research?

Post by cthia   » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:37 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

THE PELICAN BRIEF
—Julia Roberts

Be forewarned. Everyone I've told about the brief is dead.

Continue at your own risk. . .

THE PELICAN BRIEF

Internally, the Mandarins have always known about the Mesan Alignment.

The Alignment's goals are to give the galaxy a genetic enema.

The Mandarins knew full-well the League proper is full of shit and ignorance, and they're in need of a cleanse.

Therefore, they use their massive ignorance and allow the Mesans to deal, having faith in the hand they're holding, a Straight of 5 Mandarins of different suits.

Only, the MA deals from the bottom of the deck and they always play with a hole card up its sleeve, giving them a 6th card advantage. They've dealt themselves 6 Detweilers, a Loyal Flush.

Unbeknownst to the Mandarins and the MA, Beth plays a better game of poker and she caught the MA's sleight of hand, and counters with a trick of her own, the GA. The Queen of Manticore always manages to deal herself a Royal Flush.

Problem is, Harrington has never liked playing games of chance, but has always played wargames quite well.*

The kicker: The entire ordeal has always been about saving a bunch of Pelicans - Mandarins and Mesans. Birds of a feather, flock together.

Pelicans are a genus of large water fowl. They are characterised by a long beak and a large throat pouch used for catching prey and draining water from the scooped up contents before swallowing. What tipped their hand is that Pelicans are not usually part of anything fowl.

It is ironic that in the Elizabethan era the Pelican appeared in one of Queen Elizabeth I's paintings to symbolize her selfless love.

*Moral of the story? Never bring poker players to a game of squash.

Post by cthia   » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:25 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Soul
Of
Saganami

For evil to prevail good men only have to do nothing.
A tribute to valor dedicated to those who died Saganami style.
—A compendium of authors

Return to Honorverse