Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 172 guests

Snippets?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Snippets?
Post by BobG   » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:12 am

BobG
Captain (Junior Grade)

It's August 1st. I hope the snippets for SoV start soon. :D

-- Bob G
SF & Fantasy: The only things better than Chocolate.
Re: Snippets?
Post by Theemile   » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:53 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

BobG wrote:It's August 1st. I hope the snippets for SoV start soon. :D

-- Bob G

The SOV revision is probably not complete yet. From Duckk's post on where David was at ~the first of July, I doubt the revision will be done for another week or 2. I could be wrong, but I doubt we'll see snipets before the earc... which will probably drop in 3-4 weeks.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Eagleeye   » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:44 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

-- Bob G

I wonder, if we get snippets at all this time, regarding, how many fires David has to hold in check. And after the e-arc is available, there is no much sense in publishing snippets at all - after all, there are sample chapters accompanying the e-Arc, which cover around the first 20-25% of the whole book.
Post by JohnRoth   » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:31 am

JohnRoth
Admiral

Eagleeye wrote:

-- Bob G

I wonder, if we get snippets at all this time, regarding, how many fires David has to hold in check. And after the e-arc is available, there is no much sense in publishing snippets at all - after all, there are sample chapters accompanying the e-Arc, which cover around the first 20-25% of the whole book.

Drak Bibleophile posts the snippets to Eric Flint's site; all David has to do is ship him the draft and tell him how much to snippet and he does everything else. I'm not sure who posts them here and to the Bar, but Eric's site is where the discussions occur.

The snippets generally cover more of the book than the sample chapters. For example, snippeting for Span of Empire just went beyond the sample chapters this last week, and it's got another month before the official release in September.
Post by pokermind   » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:40 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Unless David delegates someone to post snippets I doubt we see any. He is behind and playing catch up and editing snippets so as not to give away parts of the plot he wishes to be a surprise takes his time from writing.

Thus I doubt we get many snippets if any at all.

:( Poker
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by BobG   » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:54 am

BobG
Captain (Junior Grade)

Eagleeye wrote:I wonder, if we get snippets at all this time, regarding, how many fires David has to hold in check. And after the e-arc is available, there is no much sense in publishing snippets at all - after all, there are sample chapters accompanying the e-Arc, which cover around the first 20-25% of the whole book.

It's August 1st. I hope the Earc is available soon?

-- Bob G
SF & Fantasy: The only things better than Chocolate.
Post by Eagleeye   » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:36 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

BobG wrote:
Eagleeye wrote:I wonder, if we get snippets at all this time, regarding, how many fires David has to hold in check. And after the e-arc is available, there is no much sense in publishing snippets at all - after all, there are sample chapters accompanying the e-Arc, which cover around the first 20-25% of the whole book.

It's August 1st. I hope the Earc is available soon?

-- Bob G

So like we all do, too, I assume ... ;). Best guess? The E-arc will go online between August 15th and August 21st, if all things go as David (and Baen) intend them to. So, keep praying and crossing fingers ...
Post by Henry Brown   » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:09 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

The most recent book published is The Road to Hell. Snippeting was very limited for that book. Which isn't a good sign for Shadow of Victory. :(
Post by saber964   » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:42 pm

saber964
Admiral

Groveling begging pleading whining wheedling crying sobbing etc.
Post by Rincewind   » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:31 pm

Rincewind
Captain (Junior Grade)

Will bribery work?

Return to Honorverse