Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 180 guests

Shadow of victory EARC release date?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Shadow of victory EARC release date?
Post by Louis R   » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:11 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

I must remember to tell Toni that ;)

[quote="JohnRoth"]

People don't really do "typesetting" these days. Any decent professional publishing system, and Baen's is pretty decent from what I hear, does "typesetting" at the push of a button.
Post by Fox2!   » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:52 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

Bean website now lists November release for Shadow of Victory.
Post by Louis R   » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:22 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

That always has been the scheduled date.

Fox2! wrote:Bean website now lists November release for Shadow of Victory.
Post by Henry Brown   » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:17 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

Just wondering if there was a specific date/day of the month where Baen tends to release new e-books? For example the 1st Tuesday of the month or the 2nd Monday, or the 1st of the month ect... If there is anything along these lines please enlighten me so I can check their site on that day in August.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:37 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Henry Brown wrote:Just wondering if there was a specific date/day of the month where Baen tends to release new e-books? For example the 1st Tuesday of the month or the 2nd Monday, or the 1st of the month ect... If there is anything along these lines please enlighten me so I can check their site on that day in August.
Currently I believe they release their books for the month on the 16th. (It used to be that books scheduled for hardcover release in July would hit ebook around the last week in June, but within the last year they synced the ebooks to the physical book street date)

But the eARCs don't appear to rigourly follow the same schedule, I'd guess because they've no physical counterpart to mirror. They've got 7 eARCs currently avalible for sale on their home page, and the listed release dates range from the 8th to the 20th, with most falling closer to the 15th.
However I'm sure the moment someone noticed it posted there will be a thread here announcing it.
Post by Rincewind   » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:40 pm

Rincewind
Captain (Junior Grade)

Whilst just exploring the web I found this site which appears to let you download the EBook of Shadow for Victory for free tight now.

https://cef115c07aac4c6af7a926c05aa1914 ... f-download
(Some of the numbers obscured by me).

Does anybody know anything about this? (And NO, I did NOT download it although I was sorely tempted).
Post by Crown Loyalist   » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:31 pm

Crown Loyalist
Commander

Rincewind wrote:Whilst just exploring the web I found this site which appears to let you download the EBook of Shadow for Victory for free tight now.

Does anybody know anything about this? (And NO, I did NOT download it although I was sorely tempted).

Pretty sure that's a scam.
Post by Kytheros   » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:32 pm

Kytheros
Rear Admiral

Crown Loyalist wrote:
Rincewind wrote:Whilst just exploring the web I found this site which appears to let you download the EBook of Shadow for Victory for free tight now.

If it's not a scam, and is the legit thing, one of two things is happening - either there was a serious error somewhere in transferring the file to where it needed to be, or somebody's breaking a NDA and/or other relevant contract.

But I'd assume that it's a scam/trap.
Post by Vince   » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:37 pm

Vince
Vice Admiral

Crown Loyalist wrote:

Or it could be malware.
-------------------------------------------------------------
History does not repeat itself so much as it echoes.
Post by Eagleeye   » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:50 pm

Eagleeye
Commodore

Vince wrote:Or it could be malware.

I dared to click on the download button and found this page: http://mimba.club/book.html?book=17528&type=all#google

Does anyone know this "club"? I don't, and they want one to register first there ... suspicious ...

Return to Honorverse