Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 154 guests

Shadow of victory EARC release date?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Shadow of victory EARC release date?
Post by Annachie   » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:29 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

.club is legit as a top level domain provider.
No idea about mimba though except it appears to have been registered this year.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Eagleeye   » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:33 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

Annachie wrote:.club is legit as a top level domain provider.

I got the following message, as I tried the link to the register page:

You are attempting to access a forbidden site.

The website was analyzed in international laboratories and has been classified as high risk with regard to the transport of malicious software. Your access to the site has been denied by automatic procedures at the central firewall.

So it remains valid: do not trust promises to good to be true ...
Post by JohnRoth   » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:27 am

JohnRoth
Admiral

Eagleeye wrote:
Annachie wrote:.club is legit as a top level domain provider.

I got the following message, as I tried the link to the register page:

You are attempting to access a forbidden site.

The website was analyzed in international laboratories and has been classified as high risk with regard to the transport of malicious software. Your access to the site has been denied by automatic procedures at the central firewall.

So it remains valid: do not trust promises to good to be true ...

Germany has a central firewall? I know China does, but Germany? Or, for that matter, the German ISP you're using? And what are these "international laboratories?"

That smells like a drive-by exploit to me. That is, one that's triggered simply by accessing a web page. Hiding it one link in (the register page instead of the home page) is an interesting bit of obfuscation.
Post by BobG   » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:01 am

BobG
Captain (Junior Grade)

Toni wrote on Baen's Bar yesterday:

"In progress, not quite finalized.--Toni".

-- Bob G
SF & Fantasy: The only things better than Chocolate.
Post by Eagleeye   » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:33 pm

Eagleeye
Commodore

JohnRoth wrote:Germany has a central firewall? I know China does, but Germany? Or, for that matter, the German ISP you're using? And what are these "international laboratories?"

That smells like a drive-by exploit to me. That is, one that's triggered simply by accessing a web page. Hiding it one link in (the register page instead of the home page) is an interesting bit of obfuscation.

I used a computer behind the firewall of the university in my hometown that blocked that traffic, so I took that warning serious.
Post by Louis R   » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:00 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

Individual e-books and final versions of bundles are released the first Tuesday of the month of publication [a recent change from the old practice of doing it the 16th of the previous month, which is itself a revision of the original '15th-20th', meaning, in practice, as soon after the 10th as the EH could get his hands on the files] Initial release of bundles is the 15th of the 3rd month prior to publication, with the update released the 15th of the 2nd month prior. Note that the full bundle is no longer delivered 2-3 weeks prior to publication - now everybody gets to wait...

Henry Brown wrote:Just wondering if there was a specific date/day of the month where Baen tends to release new e-books? For example the 1st Tuesday of the month or the 2nd Monday, or the 1st of the month ect... If there is anything along these lines please enlighten me so I can check their site on that day in August.
Post by JohnRoth   » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:38 pm

JohnRoth
Admiral

Eagleeye wrote:
JohnRoth wrote:Germany has a central firewall? I know China does, but Germany? Or, for that matter, the German ISP you're using? And what are these "international laboratories?"

I used a computer behind the firewall of the university in my hometown that blocked that traffic, so I took that warning serious.

Ah. Makes more sense.
Post by mrd143   » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:25 am

mrd143
Midshipman

August monthly bundle first half of book on 8-15-2016

Return to Honorverse