Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 141 guests

Leather bound copies.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Leather bound copies.
Post by Andyh1909   » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:32 am

Andyh1909
Midshipman

Just had word that my copy of Honor in Exile is in the post. Led me to check something which I read on the other post about the Leather bound copies. My copies of Short Victorious War and Field of Dishonor aren't signed. I hadn't noticed when I got them, they were basically put straight on display with only a quick look inside, and they don't have the blank page where the signature is in the first two. SVW also has the inside page that is glued to cover inserted upside down (as soon as you open the book with Baen logo)

I know the first three books were all supposed to be signed, but not sure if Field of Dishonor was as I can't find a copy of the ad anywhere.

Anyone else come across any flaws in the books?
Re: Leather bound copies.
Post by shipdoctor   » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:56 pm

shipdoctor
Midshipman

My FOD copy was signed, there was a color artwork (Original cover art) and it appears to have been signed using a silver "paint pen". My Basilisk was signed in blue pen on a blank page, the cover art was a backside page.

Haven't opened my SVW or FIE. Don't have HOTQ (really want it anyone has an extra).
Post by Lunan   » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:17 am

Lunan
Captain of the List

mine are signed. let toni on the bar know they might be able to get that fixed

Andyh1909 wrote:Just had word that my copy of Honor in Exile is in the post. Led me to check something which I read on the other post about the Leather bound copies. My copies of Short Victorious War and Field of Dishonor aren't signed. I hadn't noticed when I got them, they were basically put straight on display with only a quick look inside, and they don't have the blank page where the signature is in the first two. SVW also has the inside page that is glued to cover inserted upside down (as soon as you open the book with Baen logo)

I know the first three books were all supposed to be signed, but not sure if Field of Dishonor was as I can't find a copy of the ad anywhere.

Anyone else come across any flaws in the books?
Post by Andyh1909   » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:09 am

Andyh1909
Midshipman

Thnx for the replies guys.

Cheers Shipdoctor. I hadn't noticed the silver penmanship. I went back and checked after you mentioned it and they both have the signature over the artwork.

*sigh of relief*

Return to Honorverse