Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: penny and 159 guests

In Memorium - How are they remembered?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: In Memorium - How are they remembered?
Post by drothgery   » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:37 am

drothgery
Admiral

Somtaaw wrote:Really? I'd thought the clues tied it together fairly well that Bolthole was established prior to CPS. Could have sworn there were even Havenites that mentioned something about how "only good thing the Legislaturalists did, and the Committee continued" or something to that regard. I'll have to go quote diving again to try to find the reference.

The "Origin of Bolthole" Pearl says straight out that while the "Bolthole System" was conquered by the Legislaturalists, the shipyard and R&D complex were creations of the Committee.

http://infodump.thefifthimperium.com/en ... ngton/65/1
Post by Louis R   » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:47 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

Pat's statements on the subject were published later, and so could be evidence of A Better Idea. OTOH, they could simply be evidence that even Pat Givens doesn't have clearance for the Infodump :lol:

drothgery wrote:
Somtaaw wrote:Really? I'd thought the clues tied it together fairly well that Bolthole was established prior to CPS. Could have sworn there were even Havenites that mentioned something about how "only good thing the Legislaturalists did, and the Committee continued" or something to that regard. I'll have to go quote diving again to try to find the reference.

The "Origin of Bolthole" Pearl says straight out that while the "Bolthole System" was conquered by the Legislaturalists, the shipyard and R&D complex were creations of the Committee.

http://infodump.thefifthimperium.com/en ... ngton/65/1
Post by GabrialSagan   » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:32 pm

GabrialSagan
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I imagine they will be remembered with more or less the same shading as their Revolution Era French counterparts. Political idealists who performed terrible deeds to overthrow a regime that was in many ways more corrupt and despotic than their own, yet the methods they used being so horrific that there is no way to see them as anything but villains. Villains that can be sympathized with, but villains none the less.
Post by kzt   » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:34 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Yup. I've been to Napoleon's tomb, there isn't one for Robespierre.

Return to Honorverse