Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 174 guests

New Pod layer new CLAC new LAC

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: New Pod layer new CLAC new LAC
Post by stewart   » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:37 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

MuonNeutrino wrote:
zuluwiz wrote:But...........where would you put the Bolos?

Right next to the battle armor storage for the treecat marines. ;)

---------------

to quote the NVA interrogator --
"Where do you keep the pigs and the chickens?"
Answer -- "Next to the Officers' swimming pool"

-- Stewart
Post by Joat42   » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:23 am

Joat42
Admiral

Some of Skimpers ideas reminds me of a strange co-worker I had once upon a time. He came up with "interesting ideas" too, like "Wouldn't it be great if cars had square tires, it would be like riding a roller-coaster the whole time!"

... O_o

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Morden   » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:04 pm

Morden
Lieutenant Commander

This is like reading about someone who's combining all his favourite foods and then expecting it to turn out edible...

Some concepts are just flat out mutually exclusive. Carriers are designed to be low risk endeavors so that they Navy deploys its LACs and then the CLAC gets to safety.

Im not sure if you have actually read any of the newer books or not. I think you may have glossed over the fact that most of the heavy energy armaments have been stripped down to the bone on almost all capital ships because engagements within half a million kilometers are so rare in battles involving MDM's.

Chocolate, Steak, Curry, Salad, Pizza and a Burger are all nice individually... but you blend them into a single meal and you get your design... a disastrous mess.
Post by Rincewind   » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:18 pm

Rincewind
Captain (Junior Grade)

Morden wrote:This is like reading about someone who's combining all his favourite foods and then expecting it to turn out edible...

Some concepts are just flat out mutually exclusive. Carriers are designed to be low risk endeavors so that they Navy deploys its LACs and then the CLAC gets to safety.

Im not sure if you have actually read any of the newer books or not. I think you may have glossed over the fact that most of the heavy energy armaments have been stripped down to the bone on almost all capital ships because engagements within half a million kilometers are so rare in battles involving MDM's.

Chocolate, Steak, Curry, Salad, Pizza and a Burger are all nice individually... but you blend them into a single meal and you get your design... a disastrous mess.

Did you have to say that? I was just browsing the posts & read yours & it's given me indigestion!
Post by saber964   » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:28 pm

saber964
Admiral

Joat42 wrote:Some of Skimpers ideas reminds me of a strange co-worker I had once upon a time. He came up with "interesting ideas" too, like "Wouldn't it be great if cars had square tires, it would be like riding a roller-coaster the whole time!"

... O_o

Thrusters blew that out of the water.

Return to Honorverse