Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Hypothetical 2.5M ton BC(P)

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Hypothetical 2.5M ton BC(P)
Post by SharkHunter   » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:29 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Kytheros wrote:
Relax wrote:Well, Honor casually showed 250,000 pods @BOMAII, and that was only at best 10% of them. With +++2.5Million of them, somehow I don't think they will have any problems... Now add Haven's pod total to the mix. :roll:

SL core worlds are all close. Said batron or two, could literally wipe out 100 Core worlds defenses in a month. They have more than enough SDP's and freighters to wipe out the entire SL in a couple months without even scratching their paint.

The only question is: Do you really want to piss off every single star nation with a giant population and a high tech base..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

You probably don't.
And you probably don't even need a full squadron of SD(P)s with CLAC support and accompanying screen to take out 99% of the Core Worlds.
Most of them could probably be taken out with a division of Sag-Cs, with or without pods, without getting any scratches in the paint. Personally, however, I probably wouldn't send anything without at least defensive Keyhole capability, just in case.

Instead, I'd advocate going around and demonstrating that you could have taken them out and chose not to - this time. And making the point clear that the GA is only here because the League's unelected government has decided to attack Manticore and Beowulf, and has refused all previous attempts to negotiate, and has been manipulated into the situation by the MAlign.
Keep in mind, we're told that the SL only has about 12 main depot/shipyard locations, and that most of the shell and verge are basically under the not-so-benevlopent care of Frontier Fleet. Just for kicks and giggles lets argue that since Manticore has already shown the Mandarins that the cupboard is bare, the MAlign forces at Darius are well more than enough to take out those twelve locations and then disappear back into their hidey hole. Who does the SL go after in that case? Given that at that point ANY useful set of Keyhole or Mycroft - equipped ships would win every engagement except perhaps with the Maya sector thereafter... AKA leave the Haven sector alone and take over the SL with the remaining RF world's forces by offering them security against the GA and their terrorist navies that up and whacked the League's navy.

Leaving aside the issue of course that HAH and her merry band of minions aren't going to stop until the MAlign is dead.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all

Return to Honorverse