Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests

Last use for SL SD captured

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Last use for SL SD captured
Post by JustCurious   » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:57 am

JustCurious
Commander

:roll:
Cut off its head and put a stake through its heart. Holy water as well.
Do not assume because an item has been described somewhere that it actually has a use which you will find if you are ingenious enough. Captured Solarian superdreadnaughts do not have a use. Frigates do not a have a use in major navies. The grav lance does not have a use.
The Grand Alliance navies are not looking for uses for equipment. They are not looking for ways to show off their ingenuity. They are run by experienced professionals who are looking for ways to meet requirements. They start with needs, not equipment. And anyone thinking like some people here is placed where they can do no harm.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:32 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

JustCurious wrote::roll:
Cut off its head and put a stake through its heart. Holy water as well.
Do not assume because an item has been described somewhere that it actually has a use which you will find if you are ingenious enough. Captured Solarian superdreadnaughts do not have a use. Frigates do not a have a use in major navies. The grav lance does not have a use.
The Grand Alliance navies are not looking for uses for equipment. They are not looking for ways to show off their ingenuity. They are run by experienced professionals who are looking for ways to meet requirements. They start with needs, not equipment. And anyone thinking like some people here is placed where they can do no harm.

Amen, Amen, Amen. Burn the corpse, flush the ashes down the drain, and then bury the waste water in a concrete vault, sealed with the Seal of Solomon.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by Theemile   » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:53 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:
Amen, Amen, Amen. Burn the corpse, flush the ashes down the drain, and then bury the waste water in a concrete vault, sealed with the Seal of Solomon.

I had David's comment on their uselessness as my signature for ~2years, and that didn't seem to slow the tide.

If I ever get stuck in a movie monster stiuation, I plan on running the monster through an industrial tree chipper/shredder, mixing the remains with quick set concrete mixed with holy water. Once it's cured, l'll build a bon fire on top of it. If whatever is stalking me can come back from that, what is the point of further resistance?

Unfortunately, I doubt even this will stop a zombie Solly SD.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Jonathan_S   » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:16 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Theemile wrote:I had David's comment on their uselessness as my signature for ~2years, and that didn't seem to slow the tide.

So True.

Though that reminds me, it might be nice if your sig had a bigger visual "break" at its start. Occasionally my eyes skip over single asterisk and get confused when your post appears to jump off on an unrelated tangent about SLN SDs ;)
Post by Kytheros   » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:09 pm

Kytheros
Rear Admiral

Jonathan_S wrote:
Theemile wrote:I had David's comment on their uselessness as my signature for ~2years, and that didn't seem to slow the tide.

So True.

Though that reminds me, it might be nice if your sig had a bigger visual "break" at its start. Occasionally my eyes skip over single asterisk and get confused when your post appears to jump off on an unrelated tangent about SLN SDs ;)

Concur.

There are two uses for the SLN SDs.
1. Raw materials
2. Part of live fire exercises (and then raw materials).
Post by Grashtel   » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:25 pm

Grashtel
Captain of the List

Jonathan_S wrote:Though that reminds me, it might be nice if your sig had a bigger visual "break" at its start. Occasionally my eyes skip over single asterisk and get confused when your post appears to jump off on an unrelated tangent about SLN SDs ;)

I agree. Theemile, a proper sig seperator (traditionally "-- " but just about anything obviously not text works) on a line of its own above the main body of the sig would make your posts much more readable.
Post by Theemile   » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:02 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Grashtel wrote:
Jonathan_S wrote:Though that reminds me, it might be nice if your sig had a bigger visual "break" at its start. Occasionally my eyes skip over single asterisk and get confused when your post appears to jump off on an unrelated tangent about SLN SDs ;)

I agree. Theemile, a proper sig seperator (traditionally "-- " but just about anything obviously not text works) on a line of its own above the main body of the sig would make your posts much more readable.

Oh, I agree as well, but I have a problem, the sig is size limiting at 256 characters, causing it to be hard to have long quotes and a good intro break. Anything more than a sentence is pushing it.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Theemile   » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:10 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Grashtel wrote:

Better?
Post by darrell   » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:25 am

darrell
Rear Admiral

Theemile wrote:
Grashtel wrote:I agree. Theemile, a proper sig seperator (traditionally "-- " but just about anything obviously not text works) on a line of its own above the main body of the sig would make your posts much more readable.

Better?

You ate your snickers :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhfntLl6xx0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA7-31Cxc2I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UO2A2p-19A
<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Logic: an organized way to go wrong, with confidence.
Post by Dauntless   » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:03 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

saw a brilliant meme based on those ads that had the Hulk eating a snikers and becoming yoda!

Return to Honorverse