Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 158 guests

Hyperspace missile pod.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Hyperspace missile pod.
Post by Somtaaw   » Wed May 25, 2016 9:42 am

Somtaaw
Rear Admiral

MaxxQ wrote:
drothgery wrote:It's Skimper. He's the reason why I know how to add someone to my ignore list here.

Ditto. The only reason I know some of what he writes is because people keep quoting him.

Unfortunately, the ignore page seemed bugged to me. Zero images, just black text on white background, and very very oddly proportioned. But you're right, Skimper is probably better off on that list :evil:
Post by Somtaaw   » Wed May 25, 2016 9:50 am

Somtaaw
Rear Admiral

C. O. Thompson wrote:
drothgery wrote:It's Skimper. He's the reason why I know how to add someone to my ignore list here.

I know that some of my questions and comments are "from the hip" or "off the wall" but I hope not to earn my way onto an ignore list ;-)

Being inquisitive, or trying to understand things is one thing. That is something that should be encouraged, I know I've come here with more than one or two misunderstandings that were corrected because I came to the forums. Fairly certain I have only caused, at best, frustration and minor hair-pulling angst in most debaters.

Although I'm guilty of being a little like Lord White Haven, I enjoy debating but I wrestle problems into submission. So I know I come off a little abrasive, more than I really intend to :oops:
Post by drothgery   » Wed May 25, 2016 12:26 pm

drothgery
Admiral

Somtaaw wrote:Unfortunately, the ignore page seemed bugged to me. Zero images, just black text on white background, and very very oddly proportioned. But you're right, Skimper is probably better off on that list :evil:

It is, but it still works. Looks like a broken style sheet link at first glance.
Post by Somtaaw   » Wed May 25, 2016 3:25 pm

Somtaaw
Rear Admiral

drothgery wrote:
Somtaaw wrote:Unfortunately, the ignore page seemed bugged to me. Zero images, just black text on white background, and very very oddly proportioned. But you're right, Skimper is probably better off on that list :evil:

It is, but it still works. Looks like a broken style sheet link at first glance.

Yup, works but looks buggy and broken. But it can't get fixed without reporting it, and I didn't know any other way to report it.
Post by Duckk   » Wed May 25, 2016 3:30 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

Yeah, a lot of stuff is broken, back from when the site was first built. We're talking about a site redesign at some point, but it's a long ways off.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Thu May 26, 2016 12:36 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

[]
It's Skimper. He's the reason why I know how to add someone to my ignore list here.[/quote]

I know that some of my questions and comments are "from the hip" or "off the wall" but I hope not to earn my way onto an ignore list ;-)[/quote]

Being inquisitive, or trying to understand things is one thing. That is something that should be encouraged, I know I've come here with more than one or two misunderstandings that were corrected because I came to the forums. Fairly certain I have only caused, at best, frustration and minor hair-pulling angst in most debaters.

Although I'm guilty of being a little like Lord White Haven, I enjoy debating but I wrestle problems into submission. So I know I come off a little abrasive, more than I really intend to :oops:[/quote]

When I was considerably younger and climbing the corporate ladder, I often thought I was the smartest person in the room (like White Haven did) then I started to realize that greater success happened when there was a team effort.
Now, I work more to bring people with answers to people with problems and introduce them to each other... much more fun and relaxing.
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by Michael Everett   » Thu May 26, 2016 5:53 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

May I point out that hyperspace missile pods already exist in the Honorverse.
The latest Manty iteration is called the Roland DD.

Of course, Isaac Asimov had an interesting point to make about over-reliance on new technology. It was a short story called "Superiority" that, was at one point required reading for an industrial design course at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. I have read it several times and highly recommend it.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Fri May 27, 2016 12:33 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:May I point out that hyperspace missile pods already exist in the Honorverse.

Of course, Isaac Asimov had an interesting point to make about over-reliance on new technology. It was a short story called "Superiority" that, was at one point required reading for an industrial design course at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. I have read it several times and highly recommend it.

It was Arthur C. Clarke that wrote Superiorty
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by Michael Everett   » Fri May 27, 2016 2:08 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:
Michael Everett wrote:May I point out that hyperspace missile pods already exist in the Honorverse.

It was Arthur C. Clarke that wrote Superiorty

...research failure on my part. Mea culpa.
Basic point still stands.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995

Return to Honorverse