Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 152 guests

new book Shadow of Victory (Honor Harrington)

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
new book Shadow of Victory (Honor Harrington)
Post by cwpick1   » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:06 am

cwpick1
Midshipman

amazon has a new book Shadow of Victory (Honor Harrington) This title will be released on November 1, 2016.
Re: new book Shadow of Victory (Honor Harrington)
Post by munroburton   » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:10 am

munroburton
Admiral

Fantastic!

No doubt the eARC will be available sooner.
Post by saber964   » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:12 am

saber964
Admiral

munroburton wrote:Fantastic!

No doubt the eARC will be available sooner.

You hope.
Post by pokermind   » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:30 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Book Blurb on Amazon:

The Mesan Alignment is revealed, and, for Honor Harrington and the Manticoran Star Kingdom, this means war!

Unintended Consequences

Sometimes things don’t work out exactly as planned.

The Mesan Alignment has a plan—one it’s been working on for centuries. A plan to remake the galaxy and genetically improve the human race—its way.

Until recently, things have gone pretty much as scheduled, but then the Alignment hit a minor bump in the road called the Star Empire of Manticore. So the Alignment engineered a war between the Solarian League, the biggest and most formidable interstellar power in human history. To help push things along, the Alignment launched a devastating sneak attack which destroyed the Royal Manticoran Navy’s industrial infrastructure.

And in order to undercut Manticore’s galaxy-wide reputation as a star nation of its word, it launched Operation Janus—a false-flag covert operation to encourage rebellions it knows will fail by promising Manticoran support. The twin purposes are to harden Solarian determination to destroy the Star Empire once and for all, and to devastate the Star Empire’s reputation with the rest of the galaxy.

But even the best laid plans can have unintended consequences, and one of those consequences in this case may just be a new dawn of freedom for oppressed star nations everywhere.

http://www.amazon.com/Shadow-Victory-Honor-Harrington-David/dp/1476781826/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1461529116&sr=1-1&keywords=Shadow+of+Victory

Enjoy the pain of waiting,
Poker
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by JohnRoth   » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:26 am

JohnRoth
Admiral

There was a recent post where Duckk is supposed to have said that the Nov 1 date is a highly aggressive placeholder. David is way behind schedule on several projects. I haven't heard that David has turned in the first draft yet, and I suspect that the sound of the rejoicing from that news could be heard all the way on Terminus. If he hasn't turned it in yet, Nov 1 is pretty unlikely.
Post by simality   » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:29 am

simality
Midshipman

Argh.... :x
Isn't it time for us to get back to the main line? I know a lot of people don't much care for the political discourse but I really enjoyed watching the Mandarins squirm. Plus I can't wait to find out what happens to Hadley and Carmichael. Not to mention the ONI folks. The ones not part of the alignment.

It isn't that I have anything against space battles but in the end, they are all the same: Missiles go 'whee'; ships go 'boom'. But the Mandarins are still pretty new and interesting.

Just my opinion.
Post by Duckk   » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:42 am

Duckk
Site Admin

JohnRoth wrote:There was a recent post where Duckk is supposed to have said that the Nov 1 date is a highly aggressive placeholder. David is way behind schedule on several projects. I haven't heard that David has turned in the first draft yet, and I suspect that the sound of the rejoicing from that news could be heard all the way on Terminus. If he hasn't turned it in yet, Nov 1 is pretty unlikely.

IIRC, I was talking about Safehold.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by BobG   » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:26 am

BobG
Captain (Junior Grade)

JohnRoth wrote:
There was a recent post where Duckk is supposed to have said that the Nov 1 date is a highly aggressive placeholder. David is way behind schedule on several projects. I haven't heard that David has turned in the first draft yet, and I suspect that the sound of the rejoicing from that news could be heard all the way on Terminus. If he hasn't turned it in yet, Nov 1 is pretty unlikely.
Duckk replied:
I was under the impression that Shadow of Victory was complete as of AlbaCon, but that the next Safehold book was behind schedule. The first chapter of Shadow of Victory was snerked in the the AlbaCon program, and DW read the 2nd and 3rd chapters.

-- Bob G
SF & Fantasy: The only things better than Chocolate.
Post by Lunan   » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:36 am

Lunan
Captain of the List

what kind of updates on any and all of HIMSELF's current projects do you have sir?

Duckk wrote:
JohnRoth wrote:There was a recent post where Duckk is supposed to have said that the Nov 1 date is a highly aggressive placeholder. David is way behind schedule on several projects. I haven't heard that David has turned in the first draft yet, and I suspect that the sound of the rejoicing from that news could be heard all the way on Terminus. If he hasn't turned it in yet, Nov 1 is pretty unlikely.

Post by Duckk   » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:01 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

Last I heard, David was editing Shadow of Victory, and may be close to finished by now. He probably hasn't started the next Safehold book yet. I'll know more when I see him this summer.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope

Return to Honorverse