Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 149 guests

This is NEW Jeopardy

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: This is NEW Jeopardy
Post by Rincewind   » Fri May 13, 2016 5:19 pm

Rincewind
Captain (Junior Grade)

Hi,

I am new to this so I may not get it right. Anyhow, here goes;

Answer: Yes, it's the things wot you put in your socks.

Question: Does the Salamander know what defeat is?

Taken from a reply by CPO Pertwee to Number One after another of Number One's terrible puns whilst on the bridge of HMS Troutbridge. (Yes, I know, I've been listening to too much of The Navy Lark on Radio 4 for my own good).
Post by SharkHunter   » Fri May 13, 2016 10:55 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Who is... the scariest blonde *male* in the Honorverse?

[Obviously Thandi wins for the light haired contingent... and is the one person said blonde male might be a-skeared of...]

Yep. Black Victor. Post nano-transform in CoG
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by Fox2!   » Sun May 15, 2016 1:14 am

Fox2!
Commodore

darrell wrote:
Last I checked this was honorverse, not star trek.

What honorverse captains have lost their ships and been put right back in command at the first avalibility?

Aside from the obvious honor harrington, I can also call michelle henke, who was promoted and put in charge of 10th fleet.

any others?

Michelle was a squadron commander, not a ship commander, when she was captured.
Post by drothgery   » Mon May 16, 2016 10:43 am

drothgery
Admiral

darrell wrote:What honorverse captains have lost their ships and been put right back in command at the first avalibility?

Aside from the obvious honor harrington, I can also call michelle henke, who was promoted and put in charge of 10th fleet.

any others?

Terekhov. McKeon was put in command of a squadron upon returning from Hades (having received his Commodore's tabs en route).
Post by saber964   » Mon May 16, 2016 5:44 pm

saber964
Admiral

drothgery wrote:
darrell wrote:What honorverse captains have lost their ships and been put right back in command at the first avalibility?

any others?

Terekhov. McKeon was put in command of a squadron upon returning from Hades (having received his Commodore's tabs en route).

Let's not forget that McKeon went from Troubadour to Prince Adrian after second Yeltsin or Overstegeen. But most ship commanders go through at least a board of inquiry after the loss of a ship. Most of the time this is a formality. But other times?

But also remember Bachfisch he was beached.
Post by cthia   » Mon May 16, 2016 6:59 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

She obtained her art's true enlightenment by mastering "The Art of Fighting Without Fighting."

Who is Honor Harrington and The Battle of Cerberus.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse