Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 164 guests

This is NEW Jeopardy

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
This is NEW Jeopardy
Post by cthia   » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:43 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

THIS IS NEW JEOPARDY - adapted for forum use

Supply us with the answer AND the question - a properly formed Jeopardy question. Make us think or Make us laugh or Make us question the question or Make us question the answer or Make us learn.

e.g. ... ... ...

"Yea yea yea, you weren't really planning to send her out on maneuvers. Another admiralty in another galaxy got away with giving Admiral Kirk that same sorta excuse."

What is "What someone might say to Sonja Hemphill regarding Fearless."

Aside:

1. What did Sonja actually say about Fearless - that it was only meant to be a testbed and wasn't meant to see any action? If so then how can she be thought of as a testbed if some poor sap didn't try to fight her. Unless Sonja meant it as a "proof of concept," which I dare say is different. Can someone put their finger on that passage, please?

2. Can't remember. Was Kirk an Admiral or a Captain then?

Last edited by cthia on Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Re: This is NEW Jeopardy
Post by cthia   » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:55 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I wonder how many ppl will actually get this one before reading the answer. A little street slang...

"Did someone also serve you up some fries with that three piece? DAMN!"

What is "What someone might say to Randy Steilman after the fight.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by HB of CJ   » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:55 am

HB of CJ
Captain of the List

Kirk was a Vice Admiral in charge of operations. He took a temp demotion in grade to Captain the Enterprise during the VEGER crisis. Then it gets fuzzy but he did not return the ship or the command. Pure science fiction.

"Name the Officer who not once but twice lost his ship but still remained in Star Fleet not only at the same rank but on both occasions got another new ship? The answer might be related to a cheap bottle of wine from France."

:) :)
Post by darrell   » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:34 am

darrell
Rear Admiral

HB of CJ wrote:Kirk was a Vice Admiral in charge of operations. He took a temp demotion in grade to Captain the Enterprise during the VEGER crisis. Then it gets fuzzy but he did not return the ship or the command. Pure science fiction.

"Name the Officer who not once but twice lost his ship but still remained in Star Fleet not only at the same rank but on both occasions got another new ship? The answer might be related to a cheap bottle of wine from France."

Last I checked this was honorverse, not star trek.

What honorverse captains have lost their ships and been put right back in command at the first avalibility?

Aside from the obvious honor harrington, I can also call michelle henke, who was promoted and put in charge of 10th fleet.

any others?
<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Logic: an organized way to go wrong, with confidence.
Post by cthia   » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:59 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

darrell wrote:
HB of CJ wrote:Kirk was a Vice Admiral in charge of operations. He took a temp demotion in grade to Captain the Enterprise during the VEGER crisis. Then it gets fuzzy but he did not return the ship or the command. Pure science fiction.

* Last I checked this was honorverse, not star trek.

What honorverse captains have lost their ships and been put right back in command at the first avalibility?

Aside from the obvious honor harrington, I can also call michelle henke, who was promoted and put in charge of 10th fleet.

any others?

* Hence, an aside. As in a side of bacon. A side of eggs. An aside of something different, or errant, or radical or just plain thought provoking. A break in thought to provoke thought - now there's an idea.

Back from our seedy sponsors...

< If I could get away with faking temporary insanity due to Mesan mind control JUST ONCE. I'd slice that irritating S O B from asshole to appetite! >

What is What Nimitz would say about Pavel Young or any of his enemies.

Post by saber964   » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:09 pm

saber964
Admiral

darrell wrote:

Last I checked this was honorverse, not star trek.

any others?

Yep, Alistair McKeon, lost HMS Troubadour promoted and given command of HMS Prince Adrian.
Post by munroburton   » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 pm

munroburton
Admiral

saber964 wrote:Yep, Alistair McKeon, lost HMS Troubadour promoted and given command of HMS Prince Adrian.

Terekhov. Lost a light cruiser and got HMS Hexapuma.

Theisman too. He lost the "Masadan" DD but was in command of a heavy cruiser when war started.
Post by cthia   » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:06 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I don't like fighting, it's just that a head shaped like a jar sends me into a blind rage.

What is, what Harkness might say about brawling with Marines.

Post by HB of CJ   » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:26 pm

HB of CJ
Captain of the List

Well, Kirk may be a jerk and in the wrong universe, but the first question did kinda ask soosss, ... I did kinda answer.

Lots of hand waving. If a lowly Honor took to task a full admiral things in reality would not work out so good. Kicked out?

If lucky. If not, 10 years busting rocks. The only thing that saved her was that she beat the Peep Q ship. Only that.

In reality, captains who lose their ships do not bode well. But it is only science fiction so the author can do whatever.

Respectfully.
Post by Fox2!   » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:19 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

HB of CJ wrote:
In reality, captains who lose their ships do not bode well. But it is only science fiction so the author can do whatever.

Respectfully.

IIRC, Fearless survived the fight with the Peep Q-Ship, which was armed more like a CA, if not a BC. The Peep did not survive. That gives Honor the win. BuShips deciding that Fearless was too old/too damaged from the battle/too badly mutilated by Sonja to be repaired - at least two of those were out of Honor's control. Fearless would probably have gone to the breakers any way, once she returned to Manticore after her tour in Basilisk.

I assume that part of the reason BuShips gave Fearless to BuWeaps to play grave lance testbed with was that she was scheduled to be decommissioned in the near future any way. If the grav lance did not work out, they would lose Fearless to the breakers a year or two earlier than planned.

Return to Honorverse