Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], ThinksMarkedly and 119 guests

Ok, jumping in...

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Ok, jumping in...
Post by SharkHunter   » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:49 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Wish me luck, and pray the wife doesn't kill me.

Sorry, you're dead...I'm not sure our prayers will help much.

Because not only are there the other stories/books, etc. like folks have been telling you but these books are eminently rereadable. My suggestion? Buy flowers, chocolate, jewelry to give frequently and hope for the best.

Meanwhile as some of the longer term forum dwellers will say, have a "virtual Old Tilman" on the house. You'll get the reference later...
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by roseandheather   » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:00 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

SharkHunter wrote:
Wish me luck, and pray the wife doesn't kill me.

Sorry, you're dead...I'm not sure our prayers will help much.

Because not only are there the other stories/books, etc. like folks have been telling you but these books are eminently rereadable. My suggestion? Buy flowers, chocolate, jewelry to give frequently and hope for the best.

Meanwhile as some of the longer term forum dwellers will say, have a "virtual Old Tilman" on the house. You'll get the reference later...

Or he could always, y'know, pass them along to his wife when he's finished them. Come on, girls can like this series too! ;) :mrgreen:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Jonathan_S   » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:24 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
SharkHunter wrote:Sorry, you're dead...I'm not sure our prayers will help much.

Or he could always, y'know, pass them along to his wife when he's finished them. Come on, girls can like this series too! ;) :mrgreen:
Then he'd need to make sure he read them faster (or bought spare copies) or she's kill him for preventing her from reading the next book ;)
Post by drothgery   » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:01 pm

drothgery
Admiral

Jonathan_S wrote:Then he'd need to make sure he read them faster (or bought spare copies) or she's kill him for preventing her from reading the next book ;)

This is only a concern if you're still using paper books. I mean, Baen's books don't have DRM, and Amazon will let you share.
Post by SharkHunter   » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:24 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
SharkHunter wrote:Sorry, you're dead...I'm not sure our prayers will help much.

Nope. He's dead. Because he'll goof up priorities on when he should be reading them vs. when he should be paying attention to the Mrs. Though you do suggest a possible escape hatch... get her reading them also and not competing for the same book... Then again, he might be able to fly through a wormhole without nav support and find his backside, but for we fellers navigating those waters? Lucky man he, should he survive.... ;-)
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all

Return to Honorverse