Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 128 guests

What would you prefer to see visually onscreen?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: What would you prefer to see visually onscreen?
Post by cthia   » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:39 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

A visible beam of light is what brings to life the kid in all of us and bridges the gap between male and female. ALL of us, at one point as kids, shot invisible beams of light out of our fingers. "Pew... pew pew pew!" But in our heads, they were NOT invisible.

Producers simply must incorporate special effects where they must. Commercials, the brainchildren of the advertising industry, has to have pizzazz. It is all about the marketing.

Take this year's SUPERBOWL. It has been a tradition to represent each successive count in Roman numeral form. Last year was Superbowl XLIX.

This year should traditionally be SUPERBOWL L. However, marketing cannot miss out on the human element of SUPERBOWL 50.

So, this year's SUPERBOWL will be aptly named.

It is all about the human element and the art of the right amount of special effects in the right place.

I'll take it that I don't have to remind any Americans of the insane amount of money poured into the insatiable American special effects appetites during many a 30-second SUPERBOWL commercial. I do? Well a 30-second spot costs $4M.

Chrysler opened Fort Knox and spent a whopping $12.4M on a 2-minute spot.

Nowhere more can the art made fancy by Sci-Fy be exhibited better than in commercials.

Eyecandy sells! The only thing that can match sex in advertising is special effects -- they both hijack the eye.

There are crossover actors and actresses that can bridge the gap between generations, the cultural divide between races and even the vast religious divides. Special effects is the actor or actress that accomplishes the same task between Scy-Fyers and nons.

Form follows function or function follows form? If you don't get it right in Hollywood. Bankruptcy follows.

This year's 30-second 'BOWL ads are going for $5M.

https://youtu.be/cghMSq5FUZ8

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by BrightSoul   » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:11 pm

BrightSoul
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:A visible beam of light is what brings to life the kid in all of us and bridges the gap between male and female. ALL of us, at one point as kids, shot invisible beams of light out of our fingers. "Pew... pew pew pew!" But in our heads, they were NOT invisible.

Producers simply must incorporate special effects where they must. Commercials, the brainchildren of the advertising industry, has to have pizzazz. It is all about the marketing.

Take this year's SUPERBOWL. It has been a tradition to represent each successive count in Roman numeral form. Last year was Superbowl XLIX.

This year should traditionally be SUPERBOWL L. However, marketing cannot miss out on the human element of SUPERBOWL 50.

So, this year's SUPERBOWL will be aptly named.

It is all about the human element and the art of the right amount of special effects in the right place.

I'll take it that I don't have to remind any Americans of the insane amount of money poured into the insatiable American special effects appetites during many a 30-second SUPERBOWL commercial. I do? Well a 30-second spot costs $4M.

Chrysler opened Fort Knox and spent a whopping $12.4M on a 2-minute spot.

Nowhere more can the art made fancy by Sci-Fy be exhibited better than in commercials.

Eyecandy sells! The only thing that can match sex in advertising is special effects -- they both hijack the eye.

There are crossover actors and actresses that can bridge the gap between generations, the cultural divide between races and even the vast religious divides. Special effects is the actor or actress that accomplishes the same task between Scy-Fyers and nons.

Form follows function or function follows form? If you don't get it right in Hollywood. Bankruptcy follows.

This year's 30-second 'BOWL ads are going for $5M.

https://youtu.be/cghMSq5FUZ8

Actually there is a much simpler reason for the switch... the game is in Santa Clara at Field of Jeans and the Niners fans didn't want to host Superbowl L ("Loser") so their committee complained to the League and got it changed.

:twisted: :lol:
Post by cthia   » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:32 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'd like to see the capture of Trevor's Star onscreen and onscreen (it is off-screen in the book as well). Along with RFC's expert account of what having the "interior-position" means at Trevor's Star.

Also, the capture of the two major fleet bases if Trevor's Star isn't one of them.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by WeberFan   » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:52 pm

WeberFan
Captain (Junior Grade)

SharkHunter wrote:And none of y'all want to see the Coup de Vitesse as practiced by HAH in any of the books? Wanderman kicking Steilman's arse? Mateo bouncing a bigger than most [but not a San Martino] boarding area bully onto his butt on behalf of Abigail?

(grumbles) Bunch of pacifists... now who do I sell my WWE tickets to? ;-)

When I read this SharkHunter, I immediately thought of two cinematic sequences:
- When Morpheous and Neo first got it on in training in "The Matrix."
- When Alia fought the drones in "Children of Dune."
Both were phenomenal "fight scenes" and both (IMHO) were cinematically stunning...
Post by cthia   » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:04 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

WeberFan wrote:
SharkHunter wrote:And none of y'all want to see the Coup de Vitesse as practiced by HAH in any of the books? Wanderman kicking Steilman's arse? Mateo bouncing a bigger than most [but not a San Martino] boarding area bully onto his butt on behalf of Abigail?

(grumbles) Bunch of pacifists... now who do I sell my WWE tickets to? ;-)

When I read this SharkHunter, I immediately thought of two cinematic sequences:
- When Morpheous and Neo first got it on in training in "The Matrix."
- When Alia fought the drones in "Children of Dune."
Both were phenomenal "fight scenes" and both (IMHO) were cinematically stunning...

Oh yes, I'd like to see the Coup.

But I'd imagine that it'd be difficult for a producer to pull that rabbit out of the hat. What, with many of us being Bruce Lee and Jet Li, and IP Man fans. Hard to follow those acts. I'd still like someone to surprise me though. Especially since the Coup is an overly aggressive style of kick ass and take names never.

Post by saber964   » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:17 pm

saber964
Admiral

How a bout a movie based on From the Highlands. The movie has everything you need in a good action flick. IIRC a couple of close range shootouts, a couple of kick butt fight scenes, a damsel in distress(sort of) a rescue, a couple of beautiful babes, a somewhat misunderstood hero. What more could you want in a movie?
Post by cthia   » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:57 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'd like to see the first execution of the triple ripple.

Then I'd like to see the Manties rendering it impotent. What was amazing about Sonja's counter was that she had to incorporate an element of uncertainty into the optimum moment of its execution.

Post by cthia   » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:02 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:How a bout a movie based on From the Highlands. The movie has everything you need in a good action flick. IIRC a couple of close range shootouts, a couple of kick butt fight scenes, a damsel in distress(sort of) a rescue, a couple of beautiful babes, a somewhat misunderstood hero. What more could you want in a movie?

Don't forget a fair share of arseholes err wholearses asking for an arse kickin'.

That'd even work in a comic.

Post by cthia   » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:12 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'd also like to see the "holy cow" moment of the Peeps when they were first introduced to Sonja's Ghost Rider and its dragon's teeth and dazzlers.

"WTF! WTF is this? We are so royally screwed. At least they could have been considerate enough to send along a generous application of K-Y Jelly in the warheads of the first salvo!"

Post by cthia   » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:18 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Sonja in her element and the "keep your distance" aura that textev says she emanated.

Return to Honorverse