Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: penny and 59 guests

What would you prefer to see visually onscreen?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
What would you prefer to see visually onscreen?
Post by cthia   » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:02 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Besides the azure bleed of the sails, I'd like to see the assault drop on Summervale's Chalet on Gryphon in the ice storm. I can't quite see the tech in my head. Can't remember if they used some form of counter grav in lieu of chutes.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Re: What would you prefer to see visually onscreen?
Post by cthia   » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:14 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'd also like to see Honor, or Abby or Shannon, etc. swimming the tubes. It should be damn sexy. I'm sure that until one got the hang of it, it was none too flattering.

I always wondered why some tech couldn't be easily utilized to circumvent the need to swim aboard. I think the male counterpart of navies rejected such tech -- akin to men wanting to see women performing jumping jacks.

After all, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Video, several thousand. lol

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by DrMegaverse   » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:44 am

DrMegaverse
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

I'd like to see Battlearmor skimming along in low G
Post by dscott8   » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:13 am

dscott8
Commodore

There are a lot of scenes that would make great video, but the one I want to see is Helen Zilwicki confronting the three hoodlums in the sewers of Old Chicago -- "I have had enough of this shit!"

In the same vein, the attempted assassination of Benjamin Mayhew, and the response by Honor and Nimitz would be high on my list.

For military actions, the combat drop on Basilisk.
Post by cthia   » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:00 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The treecat cultivator incident. That is just a dirty prank that is funny in text. It'd be hilarious onscreen.

Post by Jonathan_S   » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:30 am

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:I'd also like to see Honor, or Abby or Shannon, etc. swimming the tubes. It should be damn sexy. I'm sure that until one got the hang of it, it was none too flattering.

I always wondered why some tech couldn't be easily utilized to circumvent the need to swim aboard. I think the male counterpart of navies rejected such tech -- akin to men wanting to see women performing jumping jacks.

After all, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Video, several thousand. lol

We know there is such tech. We're explicitly told in (IIRC) Honor Among Enemies that passages ships use oversized docking tubes with built in grav plating so that the paying passengers don't have to 'swim' aboard in zero g.
Navies presumably eschew such tech for size, cost, and maintenance reasons. After all naval personnel are all trained to handle zero g. (This may be similar to how cruise ships use jetway style boarding ramps or have doors in the hull near the waterline to allow nearly flat, and broad, boarding Ramos for passengers while warships still use steeper, narrower, gangways to board. Other priorities take precedence over crew comfort during boarding.
Post by roseandheather   » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:29 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

...really? Six whole posts, and nobody's made jokes about what they expect me to want to see onscreen? Falling down on the job, people! Seriously!

(I'm betting you all expected me to want to see Eloise and Javier in bed together.)

(...you would be correct.)

(No sex necessary! I'll take cuddling. Mmm, the image of Eloise's long, platinum hair spilling over Javier's bare shoulder... uh. Sorry. Was I saying something?)

(That said, anything involving Eloise being Presidential. Especially taking the Oath of Office. Also, the epic midnight dash to Manticore and subsequent meeting aboard Imperator. Sweet Tester, do I want to be a fly on that wall!)
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Phalanx   » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:27 pm

Phalanx
Commander

"Goodbye Citizen Chairman" :lol:

Battle of Hancock! ;)
_

Post by SharkHunter   » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:32 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

And none of y'all want to see the Coup de Vitesse as practiced by HAH in any of the books? Wanderman kicking Steilman's arse? Mateo bouncing a bigger than most [but not a San Martino] boarding area bully onto his butt on behalf of Abigail?

(grumbles) Bunch of pacifists... now who do I sell my WWE tickets to? ;-)
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by SharkHunter   » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:34 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Thandi Palane. Any scene.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all

Return to Honorverse