Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: penny and 25 guests

no 'cat for Roger IV?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: no 'cat for Roger IV?
Post by Valen123456   » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:16 pm

Valen123456
Lieutenant Commander

SharkHunter wrote:Good match there also, but I will argue against briefly and let y;all discuss. Here's my logic: that forces her to be in direct contact with a constantly hurting person who also has no "tribe". Granted, the desire for revenge would match, but is that a good thing? My argument is that Sorrow Singer needs a full tribe to care about, and keeping the future leader of her two-leg's tribe well kept seems more of an emotionally merciful fit.

My thoughts are the Sorrow Singer is well on her way to becoming a (to coin a treecat style phrase) "Sings for All", a kind of avatar or spokes-cat for the entire species. She would probably find a measure of peace by speaking/singing with as many other tree-cats and their clans as she can so that she can perform that function and heal some of her emotion wounds by bonding (in a loose way) with the entire species to make up for the loss of her clan. Bonding with a human would somewhat loosen that style of connection however.

As the treecat adapt and better partner up with humans its an open question wither such a role will remain. Still it would make sense for the cats to have some kind of Ambassador for the species as a whole, and Sorrow Singer seems best placed for this role.
Re: no 'cat for Roger IV?
Post by Weird Harold   » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:12 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

Valen123456 wrote:My thoughts are the Sorrow Singer is well on her way to becoming a (to coin a treecat style phrase) "Sings for All", a kind of avatar or spokes-cat for the entire species. ... Bonding with a human would somewhat loosen that style of connection however.

Bonding with the right Human -- A merchant prince, or ambassador without portfolio, like Bernardus Van Dort -- who could facilitate travel and communication between far-flung 'cat colonies would enhance the possibilities for "Sings For All."

As for Roger and Rivka, I don't recall where they went for their honeymoon, but a tour of Sphinx that resulted in both being adopted would be a fairy-tale ending to the "problem" of Roger being cat-free.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)

Return to Honorverse