Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 89 guests

Bring them back, MWW!

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Bring them back, MWW!
Post by Dafmeister   » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:16 am

Dafmeister
Commodore

I'd really like to know what's happened to Lt. Cdr. Avshari since SVW.
Post by Meshakhad   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:29 pm

Meshakhad
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Top of my list is Steve Westman. Yes, he popped up in SoF, but I want him as a major character, dammit!

Second place is Mark Brentworth. If I had been writing the series, good chance it would have been him that Honor ended up marrying. I just thought it should have been a Grayson. Him, or Theisman.
Post by Valen123456   » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:40 pm

Valen123456
Lieutenant Commander

I want to see some more action from the Andermani side of things. Admittedly about the only real person from the Empire we have seen recently is Chen lu Anderman, however certain other officers who have worked with or visited her in the past could make a comeback:

Lanfeng Grubner worked closely with Honor in the story "With One Stone" and was effectively the first ship commander to receive a grav-pulse comm transmission.

Lyang Weiss, Rabenstrange's protege and military attache.
Post by George J. Smith   » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:58 pm

George J. Smith
Commodore

Admiral (Captain) Bachfisch
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by Erls   » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:00 pm

Erls
Captain (Junior Grade)

I dearly want to see a couple chapters of Bolthole, with Foraker and Hemphill getting top billing. Perhaps one chapter when Hemphill first arrives with all of her goodies and she and Foraker have a long talk about all of the applications and options that are now available due to the combination of Hemphill's tech and Foraker's ingenuity. Perhaps then a second chapter a bit later when Honor, Yu, and Tourville visit to and are briefed by Foraker and Hemphill on all of the new goodies in the pipeline and adaptations of existing tech that have been discovered.

Also, I want a chapter about the Grayson 'Cats. How big is the colony, how many new kittens have been born on Grayson, have any adopted Graysons, etc?
Post by munroburton   » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:16 pm

munroburton
Admiral

Hutch wrote:Admiral Sarnow: He's been off working in Silesia, in effect having been 'Stilwelled" (see below) ever since his performance in The Short Victorious War, and I for one want to see a man of his tactical and strategic knowledge out there on the front lines, dammit!

George J. Smith wrote:Admiral (Captain) Bachfisch

A short story based in Silesia would almost certainly see those two meeting. There's a lot of room for Andermani counterparts to Sarnow and his team, as well as the natives. Maybe not such a short story!
Post by cthia   » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:55 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'd like to see more of Honor's Steading. Well, I guess I just want them to play some sort of larger more prominent role. I thought it would be apropos that members of Honor's Steading would begin to show signs of financial success which would show the advantages of the Mayhew Restoration.

Surely Honor has made all sorts of finances available to her Steading -- business loans, off planet education and business opportunities. I'd really like to see her Steading members become financially successful so that they can haughtily shield themselves from the disdain of certain 'Key' members hoity toity snubbing.

I'd also like to see major appearances from the Grayson Clan that she adopted. I forget their names.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:06 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'd like to see a positive return of the Medusans. perhaps this time in a concerted effort on the side of the RMN. I'd like to see the result of ignoring Star Trek's Prime Directive and letting the 'flintlock' cat out of the bag. Textev hinted at what the Medusans could ultimately do with the design.

Um, it doesn't exactly have to be a concerted effort.

There could be an SOS sent to Manticore from Basilisk.

"Great seize-hers ghosts! The natives are rising and taking the women!" :D

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Maldorian   » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:03 am

Maldorian
Captain (Junior Grade)

A lot of the Cerberus people selttled down on Grayson because their homeworlds were occupied by the enemy Haven.

Now there is peace between Haven and Manticore, even better, they are now allies.

The question is: Is Grayson now the home of these people or are they going back to their old homeworlds?

Maybe Honor meet the protectors own and ask about her friends of Cerberus. The answer: they move back to their homeworlds! Would be an easy way to take them out of the Story without killing them.
Post by dscott8   » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:39 pm

dscott8
Commodore

I'd like to know what's up in Sidemore after all this time. Last seen, their naval officers like Anna Zahn were co-training with the RMN, so I suspect they now have a fleet working anti-piracy and anti-slavery patrols, and coordinating with Sarnow. I don't know if they're formally members of the Grand Alliance.

I'd also like to see Mullins and Gonzalvez from "Let's Go To Prague" turn up again, perhaps in the effort to weed out Alignment sleepers in the Star Empire.

Return to Honorverse