Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 173 guests

Psychoanalysis of a copper plated Ransom

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Psychoanalysis of a copper plated Ransom
Post by Daryl   » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:42 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

The old "mad or bad?" question.
I think she was just a *itch, who got power. I have a sister in law who would have behaved the same if she could have.
Never been one to agree with the excuse of a bad childhood, some people are just mean and enjoy being so.
Post by cthia   » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:40 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

kzt wrote:You haven't read enough non-fiction. There are many people out there who do abominable things to other, and they often die in bed of old age surrounded by their loving families. Che's "I am worth more to you alive than dead" cry before the murderous thug was shot out of hand is not how things usually work in the real world.

I'm aware that Ransom hasn't exactly cornered the market on her brand of evil. It's just that the corner of the market she did corner has a personal entrance to the butcher shop. The difference is that others who seem to be like her do it because they're sick. Ransom does it because she's not. And she believes her own misguided rhetoric too.

Seriously, I get your point. But my five sisters are going to come looking for you. They claimed that I needed to step back and digest some leisure reading, fiction, because all, certainly most, of my reading was non-fiction. They are the reason I joined this forum. My first forum ever. They suggested that I find a forum for some light fun without all of the research I'm involved in, the gamut of intense equations (no physics and math involved in a Sci-Fi forum? yea, right sisters :lol: )

So I find your suggestion rather amusing and I'm going to be grinning -- no, LOL -- when I bring it to their attention. :lol:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by jgnfld   » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:13 am

jgnfld
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:
kzt wrote:You haven't read enough non-fiction. There are many people out there who do abominable things to other, and they often die in bed of old age surrounded by their loving families. Che's "I am worth more to you alive than dead" cry before the murderous thug was shot out of hand is not how things usually work in the real world.

I'm aware that Ransom hasn't exactly cornered the market on her brand of evil. It's just that the corner of the market she did corner has a personal entrance to the butcher shop. The difference is that others who seem to be like her do it because they're sick. Ransom does it because she's not. And she believes her own misguided rhetoric too.

Seriously, I get your point. But my five sisters are going to come looking for you. They claimed that I needed to step back and digest some leisure reading, fiction, because all, certainly most, of my reading was non-fiction. They are the reason I joined this forum. My first forum ever. They suggested that I find a forum for some light fun without all of the research I'm involved in, the gamut of intense equations (no physics and math involved in a Sci-Fi forum? yea, right sisters :lol: )

So I find your suggestion rather amusing and I'm going to be grinning -- no, LOL -- when I bring it to their attention. :lol:

By all accounts Stalin was very personable and charming in person. Just a tad sociopathic.
Post by SharkHunter   » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:21 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Look up "borderline personality disorder", and then through in a healthy dose of megalomania. Ka-pow, instant Cordelia. I'm speaking from personal experience dealing with a BPD, by the way.

Let's just say I shed no tears for her family members in the plotline when her ship went kerblooey into little bitty bits. Likely that was far better than her constituent atoms deserved.... yeah, borderlines are that horrid to people. Bet there was someone personal back on Haven besides Pierre and Saint Just that wiped his brow and sang under his breath "ding dong, the Witch is dead, the wicked -itch is dead"...
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by exiledtoIA   » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:40 pm

exiledtoIA
Lieutenant Commander

I'd go with what is called "High Function Sociopath".
Other people aren't real. Just things to be used and abused.

Return to Honorverse