Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 43 guests

Honorverse Hall of Shame

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Hall of Shame
Post by cthia   » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:54 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

JeffEngel wrote:
saber964 wrote:Well considering that Michael Janvier is doing a nice stretch in prison.

I'm sure Manticore can install him somewhere perfectly unpleasant without that much effort. Possibly a nice camp at one of Grymphon's poles. Or hand him off to one of the Medusan back-country tribes to clean the latrines for 50 years.

stewart wrote:
------------------

Oh, please, be nice. 6 month at Gryphons North pole in Southern Summer and 6 months at Gryphons South pole during Northern Summer. Just so he can have a change of climate. :twisted:

-- Stewart

:o And you call that being nice? Either you're Hannibal Lecterous or you're fond of sarcasm. :lol:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by saber964   » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:18 pm

saber964
Admiral

stewart wrote:quote="JeffEngel"]
saber964 wrote:Well considering that Michael Janvier is doing a nice stretch in prison.

I'm sure Manticore can install him somewhere perfectly unpleasant without that much effort. Possibly a nice camp at one of Grymphon's poles. Or hand him off to one of the Medusan back-country tribes to clean the latrines for 50 years.

------------------

Oh, please, be nice. 6 month at Gryphons North pole in Southern Summer and 6 months at Gryphons South pole during Northern Summer. Just so he can have a change of climate. :twisted:

-- Stewart[/quote]

Why do that if you want freeze his ass send him to Sphinx remember it year is 5.25 years long.
Post by stewart   » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:37 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

saber964 wrote:"stewart"]"JeffEngel"]"saber964"]Well considering that Michael Janvier is doing a nice stretch in prison.

[/quote]

------------------

-- Stewart[/quote]

Why do that if you want freeze his ass send him to Sphinx remember it year is 5.25 years long.[/quote]

-----------------

Maybe a rotation program -- Gryphon's North pole, Gryphon's South pole, Sphinx (anywhere for the winter), and maybe an exchange program to Camp Inferno..... and THEN to the Medusan outback.

-- Stewart
Post by Maldorian   » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:07 am

Maldorian
Captain (Junior Grade)

Sphinx and Gryphon are nice places for a prison, but what do you think about a lovely Prison on San Martin? Every Prisoner with the exception of San MArtinos will "Love" the gravity there!
Post by Theemile   » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:42 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Maldorian wrote:Sphinx and Gryphon are nice places for a prison, but what do you think about a lovely Prison on San Martin? Every Prisoner with the exception of San MArtinos will "Love" the gravity there!

"How 'bout we build the prison downslope, where the air is thicker."

"Don't you mean 'more toxic?'"

"Whatever, after the first couple escapes, we shouldn't have any problem."
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by SciFi90   » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:44 pm

SciFi90
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

cthia wrote:Borrowed this idea from my last post in the Humor thread.
Elvis Santino and Pavel Young are the first duo inductees to the newly formed Hall of Shame.

I realized that there may be many more but let us not limit it to just those that we as readers consider, but also those that officers, Queens, Protectors and officers themselves might consider. Theisman being an example of the latter - -- being that he might nominate himself to the Hall of Shame considering his loose participation in the atrocities visited upon the prisoners of Blackbird.

Any other nominees I might have missed?

One should remember that Mr. Weber has created the character of the people in these stories. Therefore, we are nominating on the basis of actions he has described and not on general character.
Post by cthia   » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:52 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Borrowed this idea from my last post in the Humor thread.
Elvis Santino and Pavel Young are the first duo inductees to the newly formed Hall of Shame.

I realized that there may be many more but let us not limit it to just those that we as readers consider, but also those that officers, Queens, Protectors and officers themselves might consider. Theisman being an example of the latter - -- being that he might nominate himself to the Hall of Shame considering his loose participation in the atrocities visited upon the prisoners of Blackbird.

Any other nominees I might have missed?

SciFi90 wrote:One should remember that Mr. Weber has created the character of the people in these stories. Therefore, we are nominating on the basis of actions he has described and not on general character.

How is that any different from real life? Even in real life, oftentimes, some 'unintended' author writes our script and drives our actions...

Oftentimes, we are shamed by those actions - which don't always bear reflection of our real character inside -- being merely caught up in the moment, or off-guard and unawares, peer pressure, circumstance, ignorance and even deceit... ... ... but our shame is still very real. Deserved or no.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:48 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Of course, there are some nominees who suffer shame at the very core - in their general character - on both sides of the fictional fence.

Post by dscott8   » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:38 pm

dscott8
Commodore

I've asked this before. Do you think he went to Club Fed e.g. Picketwood Minimum Security Prison. Or did the Empress have a quiet word with the Minister of Justice and he was sent a maximum security prison e.g. Alcatraz Orbital Prison in the Unicorn Belt.

I hope he was put into an orange reflective vest and made to pick up roadside litter outside of Harrington House.
Post by GabrialSagan   » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:53 am

GabrialSagan
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

RedBaron wrote:What about Rajampet? Or Crandall?

Agreed. Especially Crandall. The woman took it upon herself to kickstart an interstellar war that she had to know would get millions of solarians killed. Even if she had been correct her delusional thoughts that Manticoran ships were using the same weapons and tactics of the last century like the sollies, she knew the manties had hundreds of wallers. In a 1 for 1 exchange the sollies would lose almost two million people to destroy Manticore's wall of battle, that is not even considering the screening elements and raiders.

Return to Honorverse