Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JacekC, Jonathan_S and 146 guests

Honorverse Hall of Shame

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Hall of Shame
Post by cthia   » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:43 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:I always wanted to see them release those bridge recordings to the newsies, exactly as they were presented at the court-martial.

On the right, we see the Hero Of Hancock risk everything to lead the enemy into an inescapable ambush.

On the left, we see a sniveling little wanker run away from the big bad noises.

Nobody would dare to be seen supporting the Chicken Of Hancock.
----------------------
Mrs. Tweedy! The chickens are revolting!

That's a nice thought. A heckuva thought actually. Why the Hades didn't someone leak it to the newsies? They'd of been screaming for Young's blood.

On second thought, It might've made it difficult to impossible for Sonja to then strike up a compromise. Though oh so unpalatable it was.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Imaginos1892   » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:40 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:That's a nice thought. A heckuva thought actually. Why the Hades didn't someone leak it to the newsies? They'd of been screaming for Young's blood.

On second thought, It might've made it difficult to impossible for Sonja to then strike up a compromise. Though oh so unpalatable it was.

NO! You can't release evidence in an active trial. It would have been done after the trial was over and the sentence carried out.

Sure would have skunked the little wanker's political career, though.
---------------------
Major Strasser has been shot! Round up the usual suspects!
Post by Quinlan73   » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:28 pm

Quinlan73
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Imaginos1892 wrote:
cthia wrote:That's a nice thought. A heckuva thought actually. Why the Hades didn't someone leak it to the newsies? They'd of been screaming for Young's blood.

NO! You can't release evidence in an active trial. It would have been done after the trial was over and the sentence carried out.

Sure would have skunked the little wanker's political career, though.
---------------------
Major Strasser has been shot! Round up the usual suspects!

I think his political career took a steep down-curve when he used his body to stop some bullets on the dueling grounds. Just IMO.
Post by lethargo   » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:39 pm

lethargo
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Oscar Saint Just
Post by mmccoy61   » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:51 pm

mmccoy61
Midshipman

I nominate Michael Janvier, Baron High Ridge, former Prime Minister of Manticore, along with all of his cabinet. Some of them have already been mentioned, but two special (dis)honorable mentions go to Elaine Descroix, and Lady North Hollow, the late and unlamented Pavel Young's former aide, who later married his younger brother. I'd call all of them toads, but that would be doing a disservice to toads.
Post by saber964   » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:43 pm

saber964
Admiral

mmccoy61 wrote:I nominate Michael Janvier, Baron High Ridge, former Prime Minister of Manticore, along with all of his cabinet. Some of them have already been mentioned, but two special (dis)honorable mentions go to Elaine Descroix, and Lady North Hollow, the late and unlamented Pavel Young's former aide, who later married his younger brother. I'd call all of them toads, but that would be doing a disservice to toads.

Well considering that Michael Janvier is doing a nice stretch in prison.

I've asked this before. Do you think he went to Club Fed e.g. Picketwood Minimum Security Prison. Or did the Empress have a quiet word with the Minister of Justice and he was sent a maximum security prison e.g. Alcatraz Orbital Prison in the Unicorn Belt.
Post by cthia   » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:30 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:
mmccoy61 wrote:I nominate Michael Janvier, Baron High Ridge, former Prime Minister of Manticore, along with all of his cabinet. Some of them have already been mentioned, but two special (dis)honorable mentions go to Elaine Descroix, and Lady North Hollow, the late and unlamented Pavel Young's former aide, who later married his younger brother. I'd call all of them toads, but that would be doing a disservice to toads.

Well considering that Michael Janvier is doing a nice stretch in prison.

I've asked this before. Do you think he went to Club Fed e.g. Picketwood Minimum Security Prison. Or did the Empress have a quiet word with the Minister of Justice and he was sent a maximum security prison e.g. Alcatraz Orbital Prison in the Unicorn Belt.

:lol:

Well, if everyone on the forum had a vote I know which it'd be.

But truth be told, he was still loftily born with a gold-pressed-latinum spoon in his mouth. He's doing his time drinking wine.

Still, I'm not so sure that even Club Fed wouldn't be a death sentence to him. Some people born to privilege never learn to live "off the pedestal." I've met many of them. Spoiled brats inside -- they will self destruct having to live "on their own" in any type of restrictive environment.

There are many Hollywood parallels.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by JeffEngel   » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:46 am

JeffEngel
Admiral

saber964 wrote:Well considering that Michael Janvier is doing a nice stretch in prison.

I rather doubt Michael Janvier is secretly an escape expert or personal combat badass who requires maximum security. It's not cheap. I'm sure Manticore can install him somewhere perfectly unpleasant without that much effort. Possibly a nice camp at one of Grymphon's poles. Or hand him off to one of the Medusan back-country tribes to clean the latrines for 50 years.
Post by dscott8   » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:33 pm

dscott8
Commodore

saber964 wrote:Well considering that Michael Janvier is doing a nice stretch in prison.

I like to think of him in an orange jump suit, cleaning out roadside ditches or emptying trash cans in a public park. That way the commoners can see his humiliation, which for him would be worse punishment than the loss of his freedom.
Post by cthia   » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:02 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

dscott8 wrote:

I like to think of him in an orange jump suit, cleaning out roadside ditches or emptying trash cans in a public park. That way the commoners can see his humiliation, which for him would be worse punishment than the loss of his freedom.

Why, dscott8, you've got a mean streak in you 'eh? I like the way you think. Humiliation would kill him surely.. but slowly. Humiliation was at the base of Dmitri's problems with his son's court martial IIRC. The loftily born are all about the image.

Actually, the whole of Manticore seems to be all about the image, or challenges to a duel would be laughed at.

"Agree to let you shoot at me until I'm dead, because I hurt your feelings?"

"I don't THINK so!"

Return to Honorverse