Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: penny and 65 guests

Honorverse Hall of Shame

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Honorverse Hall of Shame
Post by cthia   » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:12 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Borrowed this idea from my last post in the Humor thread.
Elvis Santino and Pavel Young are the first duo inductees to the newly formed Hall of Shame.

I realized that there may be many more but let us not limit it to just those that we as readers consider, but also those that officers, Queens, Protectors and officers themselves might consider. Theisman being an example of the latter - -- being that he might nominate himself to the Hall of Shame considering his loose participation in the atrocities visited upon the prisoners of Blackbird.

Any other nominees I might have missed?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Re: Honorverse Hall of Shame
Post by jtg452   » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:19 pm

jtg452
Captain of the List

The ship's doctor from the Fearless in OBS. I can't remember her name right off the top of my head.

The Manty admiral that was on Ceberus with Honor that she ended up arresting and sending back home for a court martial is another nominee. That's another name I can't remember at the moment.
Post by 19chickens   » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:01 pm

19chickens
Ensign

jtg452 wrote:The ship's doctor from the Fearless in OBS. I can't remember her name right off the top of my head.

The Manty admiral that was on Ceberus with Honor that she ended up arresting and sending back home for a court martial is another nominee. That's another name I can't remember at the moment.

Suchon's CL Fearless' doctor and I can't remember the Cerberus admiral's name either. I'm pretty sure it was Harry *something* but my Kindle's stopped working :(
Post by saber964   » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:25 pm

saber964
Admiral

William Fitzclarence Steadholder Burrdett
Post by munroburton   » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:45 pm

munroburton
Admiral

19chickens wrote:
jtg452 wrote:The ship's doctor from the Fearless in OBS. I can't remember her name right off the top of my head.

Suchon's CL Fearless' doctor and I can't remember the Cerberus admiral's name either. I'm pretty sure it was Harry *something* but my Kindle's stopped working :(

Harold Styles. He was allowed to resign rather than face a court martial once they returned to Manticore.
Post by cthia   » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:57 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Alistair McKeon nominates himself for the way he treated Honor aboard Fearless before he came around to seeing her as the Skipper. IINM, he later admitted his own shame. I suppose the entire crew follows suit.

I can't remember, was there at least one officer that didn't blame Honor for the Basilisk Station exile?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by jtg452   » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:59 pm

jtg452
Captain of the List

Just the first 5 are some rather notorious company.

Wonder what the rest of the suggestions are going to look like.
Post by cthia   » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:08 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I nominate Denver Summervale.

Never, ever call a woman a bi***. Because she just might take a notion to come in a bar and b*** slap you. Over. And over. And over. Just to help you find your courage.

Summervale had to have been terribly embarrassed. He was the hunter, yet he was trapped and slapped like a b**** himself. Honor's b****! :lol:

Post by Weird Harold   » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:23 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:William Fitzclarence Steadholder Burrdett

The late Steadholder Mueller and/or the current Steadholder Meuller.

Pretty much every named Masadan. Especially Princess Ruth's half-brother in Crown of Slaves.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by BobfromSydney   » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:52 pm

BobfromSydney
Commander

Does "doing the honourable thing" absolve Janacek from inclusion in the Hall of Shame?

Reginald Houseman, awful diplomat and even worse economist.

Return to Honorverse