Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 140 guests

Honorverse Hall of Shame

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Hall of Shame
Post by cthia   » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:32 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The mocked shame of it all...

Crandall's asininity is a medical condition verified by a doctor. It is called pinecone-upper-anum.

However, to understand Rajani, we have to consult a standard IQ chart where 100 is considered average. Let's not give him too much credit, so we'll start at the bottom and work our way up...

An idiot has an IQ of 0-25.
An imbecile, an IQ of 26-50.
A moron has an IQ of 51-70.
A nutjob has an IQ of 71-80.
A prichk has an IQ of 81-90.
A dichk has an IQ of 91-99.

A jackass is a nutjob with a prichk of a dichk so small it's immeasurable.

By my calculations, Rajani is a bit of a jackass.

Good news is, only idiots are considered by law to be too incapacitated to commit a crime. Therefore, Rajani can be charged for his intransigence of ignorance.

It's true — there's a difference. The three terms didn't start out as social insults either, in fact. In the early 1900s, psychologists used the terms to describe various levels of retardation. Those with an IQ of 0 to 25 (an IQ of 100 is average) were called idiots, 26 to 50 were called imbeciles and 51 to 70 were called morons. Morons could communicate and learn common tasks; imbeciles stalled mentally at about six years old; and idiots couldn't respond to stimulus or communicate with any level of competency.

Regarding the entire leadership of the SLN, the mother of a mental giant by the name of Forest Gump said it all...

"Stupid is as stupid does."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Rincewind   » Sun May 15, 2016 7:57 pm

Rincewind
Captain (Junior Grade)

My nomination for the Honorverse Hall of Shame would be...

DICEY!

On the grounds that he has no shame, taking every occasion to mooch food from any person he can & using such a mournfully innocent expression whilst doing it.

My nomination for second place would be Chris Billingsley for winning Dicey in the first place, then smuggling him onboard ship (against regulations) so that he was in a position to mooch everybody & otherwise rap them around his furry tail.

Those two individually are menaces. Joined together they become number one menaces.
Post by Dauntless   » Mon May 16, 2016 8:04 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

good nomination
Post by saber964   » Mon May 16, 2016 5:50 pm

saber964
Admiral

Rincewind wrote:My nomination for the Honorverse Hall of Shame would be...

DICEY!

On the grounds that he has no shame, taking every occasion to mooch food from any person he can & using such a mournfully innocent expression whilst doing it.

My nomination for second place would be Chris Billingsley for winning Dicey in the first place, then smuggling him onboard ship (against regulations) so that he was in a position to mooch everybody & otherwise rap them around his furry tail.

Those two individually are menaces. Joined together they become number one menaces.

Nope, Dicey was not smuggled aboard. IIRC Chris raised a few eyebrows when he came aboard Artimis with an oversized animal carrier. Now who do you think was in the carrier? The Easter Bunny.
Post by Rincewind   » Mon May 16, 2016 6:01 pm

Rincewind
Captain (Junior Grade)

saber964 wrote:
Rincewind wrote:My nomination for the Honorverse Hall of Shame would be...

DICEY!

Nope, Dicey was not smuggled aboard. IIRC Chris raised a few eyebrows when he came aboard Artimis with an oversized animal carrier. Now who do you think was in the carrier? The Easter Bunny.

I bet he didn't declare him on either the passenger or cargo manifest, though.
Post by saber964   » Mon May 16, 2016 9:37 pm

saber964
Admiral

Rincewind wrote:
saber964 wrote:quote="Rincewind"]My nomination for the Honorverse Hall of Shame would be...

DICEY!

I bet he didn't declare him on either the passenger or cargo manifest, though.[/quote]

Probably listed Dicey as personal gear. Dicey is also probably listed as a rodent control engineer.

Return to Honorverse