Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], penny and 153 guests

Snog, Marry, Avoid -- Honorverse edition.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Snog, Marry, Avoid -- Honorverse edition.
Post by dscott8   » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:41 pm

dscott8
Commodore

Time for a new game! It's called Snog, Marry, Avoid after a British TV show. The idea here is that you choose from a group of people which ones you would snog (euphemism for quality-testing an entire box of condoms), marry or avoid. For example, if presented wit the Spice Girls, I would snog Mel B, marry Emma and avoid Posh.

The Honorverse is so huge that we'll split it up into groups. First one: Citizens of Haven. Choose your preferred gender and let us know who you would snog, marry and avoid! And tell us why!
Re: Snog, Marry, Avoid -- Honorverse edition.
Post by roseandheather   » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:37 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

dscott8 wrote:Time for a new game! It's called Snog, Marry, Avoid after a British TV show. The idea here is that you choose from a group of people which ones you would snog (euphemism for quality-testing an entire box of condoms), marry or avoid. For example, if presented wit the Spice Girls, I would snog Mel B, marry Emma and avoid Posh.

The Honorverse is so huge that we'll split it up into groups. First one: Citizens of Haven. Choose your preferred gender and let us know who you would snog, marry and avoid! And tell us why!

Why yes, this did summon me like a beacon - how did you guess?? :mrgreen:

(I prefer "shag, marry, kill" but I suspect that last would get me in trouble, so...)

Snog: Lester Tourville! Not sure I could handle being married to the fellow but I suspect a snog would be delicious fun.

Marry: Oooh, tough one. Because Tom Theisman belongs to Haven, and Eloise Pritchart belongs to Javier Giscard... I'll have to go with Warner Caslet. Because he is a lovely wonderful human being and also my first Havenite crush. :D

Avoid: GIANCOLA. I'd grumble about not being able to just kill him, but Fate did it for me.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by dscott8   » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:18 pm

dscott8
Commodore

My own Havenite choices are:

Snog: Shannon Foraker, to see if she's as inventive in bed as everywhere else.

Marry: Admiral Genevieve Chin. She's shown great patience and fortitude, and she'd need it with me.

Avoid: You'd expect me to say Ransom, but I'd much rather Avoid Citizen Captain DeSangro, the traitorous ex-San Martina StateSec bitch who had custody of Honor after her arrest.
Post by Fox2!   » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:12 am

Fox2!
Commodore

Helen
Abby
Georgia

There are a number (of both genders) who have not yet met the fate favored by treecats for their enemies.
Post by dscott8   » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:41 am

dscott8
Commodore

Fox2! wrote:Helen
Abby
Georgia

There are a number (of both genders) who have not yet met the fate favored by treecats for their enemies.

Do you mean Zilwicki, Hearns and Sakristos? Are they Havenites? That's the current category. Later, we'll choose from other demographics. Good choices, though.
Post by cthia   » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:39 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Snog: Honor Harrington. I like looong legs -- like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman said … "88 inches of therapy… wrapped around you, for the bargain price of…"

Besides, I've never had a Salamander in bed. And I think I can round out those almond eyes with a sensual dose of amazement. Fringe benefits would include plenty of flirting with Alison.

Marry: Abigail Hearns. A beautiful woman with values. And she may be open to my having several other Grayson wives. I wonder if they sell Wheaties in the Honorverse.

Avoid: Thandi Palane. I'm sure she's sexy. I don't mind being forcibly taken by a woman. But my sisters always told me that I should never get involved with a bodybuilder. Women tend to get very possessive and jealous over me. Especially my sisters :roll: . A jealous Thandi Palane would make the Honorverse a very small place. Besides, I don't wanna be force fed viagara on a regular basis, "Come on sweetie, open wide for your morning pill," says Thandi with a mischievous twinkle. Sooner or later you might die of foreplay with Thandi.

Teepee Kiss: Alice Truman. I'm part native American. A teepee kiss is when a woman is atop of you looking down into your eyes. It is imperative that she has long beautiful hair. It forms a teepee of sensual solitude around both of your heads. Can't you just imagine being inside a golden teepee of sensual solitude formed by Alice's golden tresses, looking up into her eyes? Ahhhhhh.

Oh, the only Havenite that interests me is Shannon. So I guess I'd have to snog, marry and teepee kiss her. Avoid?, pissing her off. I don't wanna be in bed with Shannon and hear "Oops," unless it comes from my lips. :oops:

Tidbit:
No one has ever snogged Cordelia Ransom and lived to tell about it. Black Widows are bitches that devour their mates afterwards.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Somtaaw   » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:26 pm

Somtaaw
Rear Admiral

dscott8 wrote:My own Havenite choices are:

Snog: Shannon Foraker, to see if she's as inventive in bed as everywhere else.

Marry: Admiral Genevieve Chin. She's shown great patience and fortitude, and she'd need it with me.

Avoid: You'd expect me to say Ransom, but I'd much rather Avoid Citizen Captain DeSangro, the traitorous ex-San Martina StateSec bitch who had custody of Honor after her arrest.

Other than not recalling all that many female Havenites (excluding other nationals)... this list is fairly close that I'm just stealing it and saying +1.

Addendum: Ok, there's a few more Havenite ladies, but either they had next to no screen time with at best a sentence or two, or they're already married off (HELLO Ms "smoke and mirrors" Bellefeuille herself... sneaky and inventive would make for quite a handful in bed, alas she is married :( )

I'll check back in later when we change nationals, or open it up to galaxy wide
Post by Roguevictory   » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:40 pm

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

Snog: Ginny (I actually feel bad about this but there only two Haven females I can think of that I would be interesting in snogging are Ginny and Shannon and I would prefer marrying Shannon of the two.)

Marry: Shannon Foraker

Avoid: Ransom
Post by Silverwall   » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:17 am

Silverwall
Captain (Junior Grade)

All answers given from the perspective of "romantic entanglement - desirability thereof" and following the restiction of Haven only.

Snog - Esther MCQueen: Smart, chraismatic would be fun and discreet if needed but not long term relationship material

Marry - Eleoise Pritchard. Perfect woman, smart, beautiful, honorable, passionate, steadfast in her beliefs. Still mouring Javier but I would wait as long as she needed.

Avoid - Ginny Usher: May be a lovly woman in all way but the enemies you make fooling with her are far scarier than even Cordelia Ransom. Would you want both Kevin Usher AND Victor Cachat after your hide?

If I was batting for the other team

Snog - Lester Tourville smart fun but the mannerisms would grate in a long term relationship

Marry - Alfredo Yu Honorable man who will do the right thing, deep thinker.

Avoid - Oscar Saint Just: Warden Tresca may be a horrible perverted shit but Oscar would condem his lover in a heartbeat if he felt it was necessary - also a workaholic.
Post by GabrialSagan   » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:34 am

GabrialSagan
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Snog: Honor Harrington, because...

Marry: Stacy Haumpton, she sounds like a nice with it girl who does not have a habit of getting shot at and heir to one of the largest fortunes in the galaxy.

Avoid: Cordelia Ransom. That woman is scary.

Return to Honorverse