Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 164 guests

Snog, Marry, Avoid -- Honorverse edition.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Snog, Marry, Avoid -- Honorverse edition.
Post by cthia   » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:39 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Somtaaw wrote:
dscott8 wrote:My own Havenite choices are:

Snog: Shannon Foraker, to see if she's as inventive in bed as everywhere else.

Marry: Admiral Genevieve Chin. She's shown great patience and fortitude, and she'd need it with me.

Avoid: You'd expect me to say Ransom, but I'd much rather Avoid Citizen Captain DeSangro, the traitorous ex-San Martina StateSec bitch who had custody of Honor after her arrest.

Other than not recalling all that many female Havenites (excluding other nationals)... this list is fairly close that I'm just stealing it and saying +1.

Addendum: Ok, there's a few more Havenite ladies, but either they had next to no screen time with at best a sentence or two, or they're already married off (HELLO Ms "smoke and mirrors" Bellefeuille herself... sneaky and inventive would make for quite a handful in bed, alas she is married :( )

I'll check back in later when we change nationals, or open it up to galaxy wide

Caution there Somtaaw. Sneaky and inventive Bellefeuille may lead to a bed in the psyche ward. Would you really consider marrying the queen of smoke and mirrors? If you're jealous and she has a roving eye, you're in for a world of hurt.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by dscott8   » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:57 am

dscott8
Commodore

I should have put Honor off limits because she's such an obvious choice. And since there are so few Havenite choices, let's move on to a new category:

Enlisted personnel, any navy.
Post by cthia   » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:00 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Fox2! wrote:Helen
Abby
Georgia

There are a number (of both genders) who have not yet met the fate favored by treecats for their enemies.

I'd bed Elaine Komondorski (Georgia) in a hearbeat. She's a very beautiful redhead (OMG) ex-sex slave. The bedroom is never boring with Georgia. She changes faces and costumes and names. Georgia added a few pages to the kama sutra -- whose mastery of positions allowed her to rise off of her back and become a backbone of society.

I wouldn't marry her, but I'd snog her. When you know where you stand with a woman, there's no problem with just laying with her.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Somtaaw   » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:56 am

Somtaaw
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:
Somtaaw wrote:
Other than not recalling all that many female Havenites (excluding other nationals)... this list is fairly close that I'm just stealing it and saying +1.

Addendum: Ok, there's a few more Havenite ladies, but either they had next to no screen time with at best a sentence or two, or they're already married off (HELLO Ms "smoke and mirrors" Bellefeuille herself... sneaky and inventive would make for quite a handful in bed, alas she is married :( )

I'll check back in later when we change nationals, or open it up to galaxy wide

Caution there Somtaaw. Sneaky and inventive Bellefeuille may lead to a bed in the psyche ward. Would you really consider marrying the queen of smoke and mirrors? If you're jealous and she has a roving eye, you're in for a world of hurt.

Hmm, I meant that I'd be done to snog her, quite happily except for her being married already. Marrying her... you're right, would be interesting in the Chinese manner of the word.

Same goes for Ginny Usher, utterly snoggable, and may God help whoever enrages her to go and speak to Kevin and Viktor :shock:

dscott8 wrote:I should have put Honor off limits because she's such an obvious choice. And since there are so few Havenite choices, let's move on to a new category:

Enlisted personnel, any navy.

Before she mustanged and went OCS, Ginger Lewis would have been a snog, possibly marriage to me. Smart redhead, with a smooth voice and willingness to get her hands dirty. Yes please :D

Have to start digging through the books again, started rereading RA Salvatore novels for a change of pace.
Post by GofyTomcat1   » Wed May 11, 2016 12:18 am

GofyTomcat1
Commander

Catagories aside:

Snog: Either Shannon or Honor (the latter only with permission and when Stinker isn't around)

Marry: Eloise (She's been through so much, although I know a certain someone has already paired her darling 'Loise with half the Honorverse by now so this spot is probably reserved :P )

Avoid: The Alignment, because I am personally going to put a missile up their posterior given the chance.
Post by jchilds   » Wed May 11, 2016 12:45 am

jchilds
Captain of the List

I'll avoid everyone as the safest bet. After all, Rose might change her mind and I'd hate to be the person trying (and failing) to be the immoveable object to her unstoppable force... :P
Post by Relax   » Wed May 11, 2016 1:44 am

Relax
Fleet Admiral

Snog: Helen, because in typical male fashion, I am drawn to women who enjoy physical activities, but always fail :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marry: Honor's mom as she has the personality that I need to balance my more staid personality and more hermit nature.

Avoid: Everyone else. Make a decision and stick to it. For better and for worse... Unfortunately we can always pick someone worse... :oops:
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Post by SharkHunter   » Thu May 12, 2016 9:19 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Under the theory that same age group and not already tangled in good ways with very dangerous people [aka Thandi for the snog but don't want to be on Black Victor's short list, Ginny Usher in a heartbeat for the marry, but Kevin needs her more]

Snog: Naomi Kaplan
Marry: Stacey Hauptman or Ginger Lewis

Avoid...

Being somewhat risk averse, I'll skip the bad girls right off and probably go with...

Michelle Henke. Because a) she and Michael O. would be such a delightful couple, and b) Don't want to be the almost 5th from the throne consort at all the inevitable state dinners.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all

Return to Honorverse