Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 19 guests

Stories you wish were told?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Stories you wish were told?
Post by quark   » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:25 pm

quark
Lieutenant Commander

I don't remember ever learning how Ellen D'Orville became a hero, and judging by how much I liked Saganami's story, that would be pretty cool to read about.
Post by kzt   » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:43 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

quark wrote:I don't remember ever learning how Ellen D'Orville became a hero, and judging by how much I liked Saganami's story, that would be pretty cool to read about.

Read HoS.
Post by Roguevictory   » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:59 am

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

JeffEngel wrote:
cthia wrote:Abigail Hearns is the first Grayson naval officer and we'd certainly like to see her rise to Admiral.

But who was the first Havenite and Manticoran woman to really strut their stuff?

Probably among the first two or three officers - or prominent enlisted personnel - of either navy. Unlike Grayson, both Haven and Manticore took sexual equality as a matter of course before they ever had space navies.

It wouldn't surprise me if one or more of the captains of the Victory class FGs were female when the slowship arrived, in the 30 years or so before the ship's arrival, or in the aftermath. The first female Manticoran female admiral might be an interesting question since the guardian frigate group probably only had one flag officer at a time, and the early system navy probably only had three or four flag officer slots at most IMO.I know they got some more ships from the SL in the early days but I don't think that was more then an additional squadron or two until after the Free Brotherhood Incident. I may be wrong though.
Post by Yow   » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:12 am

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

quark wrote:I don't remember ever learning how Ellen D'Orville became a hero, and judging by how much I liked Saganami's story, that would be pretty cool to read about.

I think it was in a bio in the House of Steel.

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by Yow   » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:22 am

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

?!?!?SPOILERS?!?!? ?!?!?SPOILERS?!?!?
JeffEngel wrote:
cthia wrote:Abigail Hearns is the first Grayson naval officer and we'd certainly like to see her rise to Admiral.

But who was the first Havenite and Manticoran woman to really strut their stuff?

Probably among the first two or three officers - or prominent enlisted personnel - of either navy. Unlike Grayson, both Haven and Manticore took sexual equality as a matter of course before they ever had space navies.

Manticore Ascendant series has some interesting leading female spacers, and a bit on the award that Honor's father received as Marine.

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by cthia   » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:52 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Yow wrote:?!?!?SPOILERS?!?!? ?!?!?SPOILERS?!?!?

JeffEngel wrote:
cthia wrote:
Abigail Hearns is the first Grayson naval officer and we'd certainly like to see her rise to Admiral.

Yow wrote:Manticore Ascendant series has some interesting leading female spacers, and a bit on the award that Honor's father received as Marine.

Thanks for that info Yow. I will be sure to get around to reading them. I've mentioned that there remains several reads that I haven't read. Time. And because that series is written with other authors, I intentionally planned them for last. Perhaps I should bump them up in the queue.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by tourist   » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:05 pm

tourist
Lieutenant Commander

Hutch wrote:
exiledtoIA wrote:...I still think that they have a Havenite counterpart and I want to see them meet up. Probably somewhere in the Talbot quadrant where they get to mix it up with Sollies.

Add in the RMN version and you have "the Three Stooges", but I love the idea all the same.

Behind enemy lines and forced to save the day despite themselves.
Post by saber964   » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:23 pm

saber964
Admiral

tourist wrote:
Hutch" quote="exiledtoIA wrote:...I still think that they have a Havenite counterpart and I want to see them meet up. Probably somewhere in the Talbot quadrant where they get to mix it up with Sollies.

Add in the RMN version and you have "the Three Stooges", but I love the idea all the same.

Behind enemy lines and forced to save the day despite themselves.[/quote]

We already have something similar. Try reading 'Let's go to Prague'.
Post by Hutch   » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:31 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Quark (and others), go to the thread titled "Honorverse favorite passages", move to page 71, and see my posting for 27 Feb 2015. I think it will satisfy youor curiousity.

And show why Ellen D-Orville is a Hero. And a damn good one.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by cthia   » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:06 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Hutch wrote:

Quark (and others), go to the thread titled "Honorverse favorite passages", move to page 71, and see my posting for 27 Feb 2015. I think it will satisfy youor curiousity.

And show why Ellen D-Orville is a Hero. And a damn good one.

Which would be...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5894&start=704

Hutch, you can queue specific posts by altering the final number in the url. In this case from ...&start=700 to &start=704.

Just remember that post numbering begins with 0, 0-9.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse