Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Jonathan_S and 29 guests

Stories you wish were told?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Sonja and Shannon Girl Talk ...
Post by DDHv   » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:03 pm

DDHv
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:
HB of CJ wrote:Sonja and Shannon getting together one on one for girl talk then comparing engineering notes about everything, then finding out that she has 'that' and she has 'that' and if put together then they can have ... THAT! Hee hee hee.

This might have already been discussed. :)

It most certainly has. I can speak for myself personally. Thing is, it seems to be so intuitive that it should happen exactly like "we've" said; the "two heads are better than one," adage. It is so obvious that RFC should consider including it.

Never grows old, this thought. Gives me goosebumps and chokes me all up. Thanks again for the goosies.

Shannon Foraker and Sonja Hemphill have different basic abilities which should be complementary. Sonja has a great ability to produce new technologies. Shannon has a great ability to get the most out of a given set of technologies. If they could brainstorm together . . .!

I wonder what could require them working together in a way that would stretch BOTH of them
:?:
Douglas Hvistendahl
Retired technical nerd

Dumb mistakes are very irritating.
Smart mistakes go on forever
Unless you test your assumptions!
Re: Sonja and Shannon Girl Talk ...
Post by cthia   » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:24 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
HB of CJ wrote:Sonja and Shannon getting together one on one for girl talk then comparing engineering notes about everything, then finding out that she has 'that' and she has 'that' and if put together then they can have ... THAT! Hee hee hee.

This might have already been discussed. :)

It most certainly has. I can speak for myself personally. Thing is, it seems to be so intuitive that it should happen exactly like "we've" said; the "two heads are better than one," adage. It is so obvious that RFC should consider including it.

Never grows old, this thought. Gives me goosebumps and chokes me all up. Thanks again for the goosies.
DDHv wrote:Shannon Foraker and Sonja Hemphill have different basic abilities which should be complementary. Sonja has a great ability to produce new technologies. Shannon has a great ability to get the most out of a given set of technologies. If they could brainstorm together . . .!

I wonder what could require them working together in a way that would stretch BOTH of them
:?:

That's an easy one. The both of them trying to figure out what the hell Sonja was thinking when she gutted Fearless.

"It was a test bed!"

"Well, were you asleep in the bed when you decided to test it?"

Couldn't resist.

Nice thought.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Re: Stories you wish were told?
Post by Jonathan_S   » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:11 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Vince wrote:
saber964 wrote:I wouldn't do that. If someone placed fissionable materials between them you might have a really big bang.

Fissionable materials being compressed wouldn't be a problem.

Any element that can be fused into heavier elements though...

I really hope that they can save any tears of joy until the hug is over.

3.34 sextillion hydrogen atoms = 835 quintillion helium atoms plus a whole lot of energy (ignoring the oxygen and any other minerals in a teardrop). :)

You've got to compress it quickly and symmetrically - but implosion triggered fission weapons (like the prototypical Fat Man) do rely on compression to reach super-criticallity before spontaneous delay can cause the bomb to come apart in a sub-critical fizzle.

So yeah, in the right conditions compressing fissile material can cause a big boom :D
Post by McGuiness   » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:03 pm

McGuiness
Rear Admiral

I didn't read this thread so this may be redundant, but how about the Battle of Beowulf!!!!

(Ok, I'm just anxious after four years for the plot to move past October 1922!) So any story beyond that will have my complete attention! ;)

"Oh bother", said Pooh as he glanced through the airlock window at the helmet he'd forgotten to wear.
Post by kzt   » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:21 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

McGuiness wrote:I didn't read this thread so this may be redundant, but how about the Battle of Beowulf!!!!

Huh? What battle? (:
Post by Dauntless   » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:35 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

thread resurrection.

it occurs to me that we haven't seen Samantha and Nimitiz's kittens since echoes of honor. they barely got mentioned in ashes of victory.

i'm sure with Nimitz as a farther they are complete terrors. after all wasn't it Nimitz and Faragut who tried to give a gardener a heart attack by making him think he'd run over a treecat with his lawn mower?

with those two as role models all of the kittens will be trouble, not just the males.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:19 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Dauntless wrote:after all wasn't it Nimitz and Faragut who tried to give a gardener a heart attack by making him think he'd run over a treecat with his lawn mower?

with those two as role models all of the kittens will be trouble, not just the males.
A gross slander on the good names of Nimitz and Farragut. They never did any such thing, and how dare you impugn them so!

It was the assistant gardener, and "a robotic cultivators to trench for the new irrigation system". [AAC Ch30] A lawnmower; indeed! ;)
Post by roseandheather   » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:14 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

McGuiness wrote:I didn't read this thread so this may be redundant, but how about the Battle of Beowulf!!!!

(Ok, I'm just anxious after four years for the plot to move past October 1922!) So any story beyond that will have my complete attention! ;)

With all due respect to SoV which I loved because I got even more of my favorite characters, THIS. :mrgreen:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by kzt   » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:15 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:With all due respect to SoV which I loved because I got even more of my favorite characters, THIS. :mrgreen:

She's back!
Post by saber964   » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:25 pm

saber964
Admiral

Dauntless wrote:thread resurrection.

it occurs to me that we haven't seen Samantha and Nimitiz's kittens since echoes of honor. they barely got mentioned in ashes of victory.

i'm sure with Nimitz as a farther they are complete terrors. after all wasn't it Nimitz and Faragut who tried to give a gardener a heart attack by making him think he'd run over a treecat with his lawn mower?

IIRC the four fuzzballs of chaos and destruction are still going at it. Just remember there are more treekittens at Harrington House according to HoS. Also adult treecats are not much better influences on pre-teen humans either remember Faith sliding down the Bay House Grand Staircase after observing several treecats tobogganing down the banister in MoH.

Return to Honorverse