Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jonathan_S and 65 guests

Stories you wish were told?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Stories you wish were told?
Post by ncwolf   » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:30 pm

ncwolf
Commander

runsforcelery wrote:
<snip>

For those fretting about Ginger, a brief out of order snippet from after the Yawata

“Well —” Ginger began, then stopped, closed her mouth, and smiled. “Sorry. I’ll try to remember, but it’s hard. I still think of you as ‘the Skipper’s wife,’ I’m afraid.”

Yeah! Ginger Lewis survived the Yawata Strike!

Thanks!
Post by cthia   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:16 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

morrowj wrote:what about something from the first few years after Adrienne warshawski's test flight

I'll board that bus. If it makes it to print, we'd better prepare ourselves as it promises to be a doosie.

Can you imagine the deaths early on? And those downward translations were downright messy for awhile.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Henry Brown   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:02 am

Henry Brown
Commodore

I'd like to see Shannon Foraker finally get away from Bolthole and get a combat command. And if that is not possible, then getting to see a simulator engagement between her and Honor would be a nice consolation prize...
Post by n7axw   » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:23 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Henry Brown wrote:I'd like to see Shannon Foraker finally get away from Bolthole and get a combat command. And if that is not possible, then getting to see a simulator engagement between her and Honor would be a nice consolation prize...

At this point, we gotta keep her nose to the grindstone implementing all that new r&d coming out of Mmanticore. Wonder if she gets to meet Sonja Hemphell (sp). If so I bet they get along like a million bucks...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:19 am

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

1)Where is Hyacinth? Aivars' command before Nasty Kitty. battle, internment etc. Must be at least a short story out of that. (2) The whole Silesia situation with Sarnow et cie. (3) Maybe not a story but I would love it if Shannon Foraker got adopted by a cat. BTW Bolthole now has to solve both the spider and the streak drives and find some way to recognize the spiders signature. (4) cats settling on Haven.
Helas,chou, Je m'en fache.
Post by Eagleeye   » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:18 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

WeirdlyWired wrote:1)Where is Hyacinth? Aivars' command before Nasty Kitty. battle, internment etc. Must be at least a short story out of that. (2) The whole Silesia situation with Sarnow et cie. (3) Maybe not a story but I would love it if Shannon Foraker got adopted by a cat. BTW Bolthole now has to solve both the spider and the streak drives and find some way to recognize the spiders signature. (4) cats settling on Haven.

Silesia could be the "next big thing" in Honorverse; after all, with the next book RFC intends to conclude the actual story-arc ...

Another interesting spot could be Matapan. That region were colonized through the Manticore junction, and the RMN plays guardian and protector for the inhabited worlds in that region. But there is also a terminus of the Asgerd WHJ there; and Asgerd is a) not too far away from the Talbott-Quadrant and b) doesn't have the best relations to Anderman. Looks for me like a really interesting playground to develop stories, don't you think?
Post by Rincewind   » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:27 pm

Rincewind
Captain (Junior Grade)

Is anybody else intrigued about Benjamin the Great & the Grayson Civil War? I would certainly like to read about how a seventeen year old boy with no steading of his own managed to create an army & eventually crush the Faithful.
Post by Henry Brown   » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:54 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

Rincewind wrote:Is anybody else intrigued about Benjamin the Great & the Grayson Civil War? I would certainly like to read about how a seventeen year old boy with no steading of his own managed to create an army & eventually crush the Faithful.

Could be interesting. Though we already know the start of the story (the ambush of the 53) and the end of the story (Benjamin the Great wins). That might lessen the dramatic impact of the story.
Post by Henry Brown   » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:56 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

I know there was already a lot of tear jerker scenes in the beginning of AoV with Honor's return from the dead. But I kind of wish we had gotten one more in the form of the reunion of Jesus Ramirez and Tomas Ramirez.
Post by Vince   » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:16 pm

Vince
Vice Admiral

Henry Brown wrote:
Rincewind wrote:Is anybody else intrigued about Benjamin the Great & the Grayson Civil War? I would certainly like to read about how a seventeen year old boy with no steading of his own managed to create an army & eventually crush the Faithful.

Could be interesting. Though we already know the start of the story (the ambush of the 53) and the end of the story (Benjamin the Great wins). That might lessen the dramatic impact of the story.

Not necessarily. After all, House of Steel did something very similar with King Roger III's story.
-------------------------------------------------------------
History does not repeat itself so much as it echoes.

Return to Honorverse