Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests

Stories you wish were told?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Stories you wish were told?
Post by hanuman   » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:19 am

hanuman
Captain of the List

More about Beowulfan society and the Biological Survey's adventures, and for romance Berry and Hugh please.
Post by JeffEngel   » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:23 am

JeffEngel
Admiral

I'd like the story of the relief efforts following the Final War. It was a time of hope and charity in the wake some of the Honorverse's humanity's darkest days. It could have done a lot better with products in the long term than the Solarian League, but the Beowulf Code has been one fine result and all the lives that were saved right then count for a lot.
Post by Maldorian   » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:33 pm

Maldorian
Captain (Junior Grade)

Some of the sidecharacters! What happens to Lars, Berry´s brother? A few words would be enouhg like "He is chasing Girls at University" or so! What is with Benjamin Mahew´s childs? Honor was shocked as she saw Benjamin last time (In my Country is the last book or books not published yet), what are his daughters doing? What happens when Benjamin dies?

A Little bit more about the wormholes?

One to Beowulf
one to Basilisk
one to the Andermans
one to Trevor´s star
one to Lynx/Talbott

Makes two missing! Maybe I only don´t remember them if there was something written about them.

Maybe if DW want to put the whole Honorverse upside down, what is, if mankind meet´s an technologed advanced Alien species?
Post by hanuman   » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:58 pm

hanuman
Captain of the List

Also, and this is purely personal, I would love to see even just a passing mention of a gay or lesbian character.
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:58 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

hanuman wrote:Also, and this is purely personal, I would love to see even just a passing mention of a gay or lesbian character.

*drives into thread with a squeal of brakes and screeching tires*

I WAS SUMMONED??

*clears throat*

SHANNON FORAKER AND SONJA HEMPHILL!!!

*gulps water*

:mrgreen: :lol: :twisted: 8-)
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Valen123456   » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:01 pm

Valen123456
Lieutenant Commander

hanuman wrote:Also, and this is purely personal, I would love to see even just a passing mention of a gay or lesbian character.

There has been one already in Honor Among Enemies, her name was Elizabeth Showforth. Unfortunately she was a vicious bitch of a character and one of the ships bullies. She also proposed a rather nasty way of killing a popular character (none of this was due to her sexuality - she was just a nasty piece of work). She was later vaporized while locked in the brig when the ship fought a battle-cruiser.

Several characters in Beowulfs BSC have been mentioned to be bi-sexual, which is also quite common on Beuwulf anyway. And Honor's wife Emily has even stated that if she wasn't crippled she would probably find Honor very attractive too.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:12 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Apparently certain characters we've already seen are gay or lesbian, it's in their extended bio information in RFC's private series bible. But he said there hasn't been a particular reason for it to come up. (When you think about it we probably know about less than 10 character's marital status or dating habits)

RFC did say that Mark Sarnow is gay (and happily married).
It would be nice to get a short story, or a chapter or two about how he (and his husband) are adjusting to being out in (Manticoran side of) Selesia and the burden and responsibility of running the fleet out there (and showing a bit of how his husband, as a navy spouse, is helping him adjust to it).
Post by Erls   » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:31 pm

Erls
Captain (Junior Grade)

Stories I'd like to see (Have said some of this before)

Larger story arcs (Think Manticore Rising type arc)
1- Haven from its founding up to the current point. Book one largely on its founding up to the advent of the BLS. Book two would be its expansion and descent into the People's Republic. Book three would be the first Manticore-Haven war. Book four the build-up between wars and restoration of the Republic.

2- Manticore's founding. Book one is largely on Old Earth and the creation of the colony, the trust, and everything that Roger Winton did behind the scenes to modify his DNA (Winton's are genies) and provide for the safety of the colony. Book two being the actual landing and early struggles ending with the Free Brotherhood. Book three being the plague years ending right before Manticore Rising starts.

The two of those together I feel would fill in an incredible amount of story.

Shorter stories:
1- The Final War
2- Founding of the League
3- Saganami, St. James, and Ellen D'Orville
4- Sarnow in Silesia
5- Sonia and the actual development of FTL, Ghost Rider, Apollo
6- Founding of Grayson and the Grayson Civil War. (Could be a book unto itself, similar to A Beautiful Friendship being split into 3-4 different stories
Post by Hutch   » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:09 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Jonathan S. mentioned Sarnow; another (albeit minor) character is Alexandra Havicheck, one of the triumvate ruling Erewhon in what I call the "Cachat and Zilwiki" triolgy.

But sexual relations simply aren't that important to the MWW in telling his stories; he's more like Asimov in that way. Doesn't detract from his writing.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by Hutch   » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:11 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

exiledtoIA wrote:...I still think that they have a Havenite counterpart and I want to see them meet up. Probably somewhere in the Talbot quadrant where they get to mix it up with Sollies.

Add in the RMN version and you have "the Three Stooges", but I love the idea all the same.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5

Return to Honorverse